Poll: Do you like the idea of Isle of Conquest?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you like Isle of Conquest? (Poll)

READ BEFORE YOU FLAME: Yeah I know there are threads but someone suggested a poll, so I figured I'd make one to see numbers of who does and doesn't like IoC.

Do you like the Isle of Conquest concept?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

Re: Do you like Isle of Conquest?

I think the general response will be something like "I have no idea what this BG will be like so I'm going to go on about some small detail I don't like, QQ Fuck you Blizz!"

Something like that.

Re: Do you like Isle of Conquest?

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think the general response will be something like "I have no idea what this BG will be like so I'm going to go on about some small detail I don't like, QQ Fuck you Blizz!"

Something like that.
    No doubt.

In before "IT HAZ VEHICLEZ IT R TEH SUX0RZ!!!11/ONE."
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

Re: Do you like Isle of Conquest? (Poll)

Concept seems pretty nice.
    But honestly, there's no way of telling if it will be awesome until we actually get the chance to play it.

Please, no more vehicles :'(

Oh yay, WG+AB+AV. That idea went well when they did EoTS (WSG+AB)...honestly, something new and fresh would be welcome about now. :

15+ Year Old Account

canada for me. i do battlegrounds for fun first and farming honor second. if i wanted to do a new BG, i'd want something different to catch my attention but capturing nodes and killing commanders? it may be new but on paper it looks to be recycled. of course there's no way to tell right now, but that's my first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry
    canada for me. i do battlegrounds for fun first and farming honor second. if i wanted to do a new BG, i'd want something different to catch my attention but capturing nodes and killing commanders? it may be new but on paper it looks to be recycled. of course there's no way to tell right now, but that's my first impression.
    Glaive throwers launching players and airships with controllable weaponry and parachutes? Sounds pretty fun to me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

vehicles ftw.
    Enough grunt smashing
    Just remove the motherfucking MELEE ability of tanks ffs, makes everyone turn a tank battle into a damn destruction derby XD
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

The concept sounds pretty cool, but all that vehicles is destroying the pvp

Yes.

Well, it's a cool sounding concept but you gotta play it to see if you like it.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Wazdakka

Blame Canada,
    Blame Canada,
    Everything's gone wrong since Canada came along...

I think It wount me fun as most BGs.

I just get angry in BGs of all the noobs etc.

I want a new 10 man BG like WSG, where you can do something u self.
    In a BG like EoTS and AB it doesnt matter how good you play. you still need to have some good players aswell and cant do premades anymore so...its just about pray that u come with some decent ppl.

But In WSG you and a friend can win the BG more or less by you self. much more fun!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

If the plane doesn't insta-fucking kill people i'll be pissed. Vehicles doing like 1000 dmg is just plain stupid.

sounds nice in theory aslong as blizz dont screw it up too bad(like they will)
    oldschool AV's were fun til some tard came up with the screw everything lets zerg the general and get fast honor!!!
    and i can totally see that mentality appear here also >

and as for the vehicals it seems that they are blizz answer to everything....yeah they are fun but using them too much takes the fun away from game wther it be a raid or BG
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    sounds nice in theory aslong as blizz dont screw it up too bad(like they will)
    oldschool AV's were fun til some tard came up with the screw everything lets zerg the general and get fast honor!!!
    and i can totally see that mentality appear here also >

and as for the vehicals it seems that they are blizz answer to everything....yeah they are fun but using them too much takes the fun away from game wther it be a raid or BG
    They arent using too much vehicles... Raid instance only with them would be too much. One bg, world pvp zone and 3 bosses isnt a lot

THis game didn't need another BG more than improvements to the existing ones. I've never seen a new BG request out of the thousands of daily posts i read on WoW's forums, ever. Its amazing how these Developers work in a bubble.

Strands just came out and it didn't add anything to the game for me, and i'm very partial to BG's, more than most players. I don't know what type of players love these new BG implementations, especially the vehicle crap, and for how long it stays fun to them, but i do wonder who and what their playstyles are if they really are excited over this :P

I swear these Developers work in their own lil bubble contrary to what the player base generally asks for.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    THis game didn't need another BG more than improvements to the existing ones. I've never seen a new BG request out of the thousands of daily posts i read on WoW's forums, ever. Its amazing how these Developers work in a bubble.
    Personally i think the reason that you haven't seen anyone ask for a new BG is cause they have STATED they were gonna make one for a while now.
    You didn't see anyone asking for a hero class after the DK was announced did you (until AFTER the x-pac obviously)?
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    Personally i think the reason that you haven't seen anyone ask for a new BG is cause they have STATED they were gonna make one for a while now.
    You didn't see anyone asking for a hero class after the DK was announced did you (until AFTER the x-pac obviously)?

I don't think 95% of people even knew this was in development, unless they followed blue quotes closely. It was hinted at a few times, but i disagree its because most people were expecting it. If anything i've seen more people surprised by this recent BG official announcement than it being expected. I guarantee there were many more that knew nothing about it than did.

Actually there were all types of threads about hero classes before and after DK's were announced, in all types of flavors all over the forums. There are all kinds of BG threads day to day also, which never talk about this game needing a new BG more than existing BG improvements.

Seriously do you BG? I find it hard to believe if you do, that you think this game needs another BG. I BG more than most people into PvP do, and even i think we have more than enough already, especially after Strands and WinterGrasp(technically its not a BG but it feels just like one). Whatever though. It'll probably end up like Strands where people at first find it neat, then a week later it just turns into another daily they have to get done. Its such a waste of Development time its sad