Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Isle of Conquest = AV with siege vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by nagaluiz
    I like the vehicular content a lot. I just hate the idea that they've been bragging about this new BG that's exactly the same as AV but with vehicles. They should have come up with something original. And before you say SotA is original, it's just a small-scale, less fun version of Wintergrasp.
    Well actually the very first comment they made about this BG (it might have just been the first one I heard, but it was on mmo-champs front page as an announcement of a new battleground) a blue poster it was something old school AVers would love. So yes, they have been bragging about this new BG that was going to be similar to AV. I think it will have the fun of wintergrasp with a bit more depth to it, plus not have the problem of one side outnumbering the other. And I really cant wait for that airship crap
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by khornate68
    They need to make a bg where you are in a huge field and the first team to reach 1000 kills win

now thats a battleground

not "lol ima take a vehicle because i suck at pvp"
    I like it.
    Wellfare epics and class homogenization explained(!):
    [blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=20677864812&pageNo=3&sid=1#51] We agree with Communism.[/blizzquote"]

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Well actually the very first comment they made about this BG (it might have just been the first one I heard, but it was on mmo-champs front page as an announcement of a new battleground) a blue poster it was something old school AVers would love. So yes, they have been bragging about this new BG that was going to be similar to AV. I think it will have the fun of wintergrasp with a bit more depth to it, plus not have the problem of one side outnumbering the other. And I really cant wait for that airship crap
    Ahh, I had never heard that. However, if they were gonna make it for "old school" AVers they shouldn't have included the retarded reinforcement system.
    Wellfare epics and class homogenization explained(!):
    [blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=20677864812&pageNo=3&sid=1#51] We agree with Communism.[/blizzquote"]

actually if u r good at pvp then your skill is measured with vehicles - not over farmed no life gear.
    This way only skill counts.Not furious, over furious and other ufo gear.
    Would be nice if they add the rock - paper - scissors system too ( example following )
    air units > tank
    tanks > anti air units
    anti air units > air units

or close to that idea, i also want to see more honor gained on COOPERATION to discourgage totally that rambo initiative that in 95% of cases fucks up the team's plan - asuming the majority DID come up with one :P
    i'd also like to see some really long range artillery that r virtually blind but need forward observers...but i dream of too much....for now ^^
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Toradora
    My god I hate "Vehicles" which is why I refuse to do Malygos/Oculus and refuse to use the vehicles in Wintergrasp. Vehicles for FL are mondatory and even then I just sit in the cannon spamming 2.

Seems to me that Blizzard is saying "HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT WE CREATED, LOOK AT THIS SHINY NEW THING WE CAN DO AND LET'S MILK THE FUCK OUT OF IT UNTIL PEOPLE GET BORED"

Already bored. I was bored of them the split second they came out and oh heeeeeeeey would ya look at that now we have a NEW BG with MORE vehicles and oh snap! Instances based around them and even more to come! Hoooofrickenray.
    Ya this guy pretty much sucks, hes one of those guys who sits and farms hks in front of the WG cannon turrets while on offense. Also, he adds nothing relevant to his raid on FL because he SHOULD be shooting down pyrite, not spamming 2. Pyrite = way more dps then your cannon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    actually if u r good at pvp then your skill is measured with vehicles - not over farmed no life gear.
    This way only skill counts.Not furious, over furious and other ufo gear.
    Would be nice if they add the rock - paper - scissors system too ( example following )
    air units > tank
    tanks > anti air units
    anti air units > air units

or close to that idea, i also want to see more honor gained on COOPERATION to discourgage totally that rambo initiative that in 95% of cases fucks up the team's plan - asuming the majority DID come up with one :P
    i'd also like to see some really long range artillery that r virtually blind but need forward observers...but i dream of too much....for now ^^
    Well it seems that there is only going to be 1 air unit, the airship. I dont know if its going to be player controlled either or if its just going to be on a track. Im assuming its going to be like the airships in icecrown, just that you can actually use the weapons and there are parachutes in there. I personally love the parachuting idea because I usually run BGs with a small 5-7 player premade that has a nice mix of DPS and heals, so we could all drop in there together.

was hoping for helicopters :S

I wonder if BG leader will be able to call "off-map" artillery - damn that would surely give the BGs a new meaning of "don't turtle"
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara