disc kept OT in instance

Hello priests,

It is a sad story...

This Thursday I went to Stratholme with a group(60warrior, 60hunter, 56mage, 55hunter), but I kept OT after entering The Scarlet Bastion.

I was yards behind my partners. Only shielded the warrior before OT then being attacked by four or five mobs. The next thing I did was shielded myself and went fading. Useless. The priest was sacrificed. Three times...

What's wrong? :'(

the talent and glymphs:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9767

Re: disc kept OT in instance

Your tank, i guess.

tank..

Do you PVP regularly? I'm asking because you have reflective shield, unbreakable will, and glyph of inner fire.

Sounds like a tank problem though.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Do you PVP regularly? I'm asking because you have reflective shield, unbreakable will, and glyph of inner fire.
    Yes.

Sounds like a tank problem though.
    (sigh) Then it would be my problem. I grouped every member...

Quote Originally Posted by nitenite
    Hello priests,

It is a sad story...

This Thursday I went to Stratholme with a group(60warrior, 60hunter, 56mage, 55hunter), but I kept OT after entering The Scarlet Bastion.

I was yards behind my partners. Only shielded the warrior before OT then being attacked by four or five mobs. The next thing I did was shielded myself and went fading. Useless. The priest was sacrificed. Three times...

What's wrong? :'(

the talent and glymphs:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9767

I think you've over simplifying what happened because if you hit fade your threat is set to 0 for the duration of the effect so it would be impossible to have aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I think you've over simplifying what happened because if you hit fade your threat is set to 0 for the duration of the effect so it would be impossible to have aggro.
    unless the tank had absolutely no aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Ofcourse not. Fade decrease your threat by specific amount based on rank of it. After Fade ends you get that amount of threat back.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrokh
    Ofcourse not. Fade decrease your threat by specific amount based on rank of it. After Fade ends you get that amount of threat back.
    Yes, and while you are faded you cannot pull aggro until it ends and you get the aggro back. If you already have aggro and the fade is not enough to put you under the next person on threat, then that should be the only way you can keep aggro while faded.

If the tank had no threat and you fade, the mobs should have attacked someone else.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Disc priests need to be careful about agro on pulls.

1. Shield before anyone is in combat = Threat free mitigation
    2. Shield between the tank entering combat and him hitting the target = Quite a bit of instant threat

PW:S credits the caster with the threat equal to the full potential mitigation of the shield on cast, so even before the shield is used you get threat from the full force of the shield. Fade is usually sufficient to negate this threat if the shield goes off late (case 2), but if you shield multiple people before the tank has established agro you are probably screwed.

Get the priest to pre-shield earlier, and wait for tanks to have agro before reapplying shields. Also your tanks might have sucked

PS. I believe fade can put your threat negative, so as long as you don't climb too far, fade should definately save at least you even if your tank sucks. PW:S -> Fade and even untouched by the tank the mob should start attacking whoever is next in their threat table after you.