Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: So what classes do Priests beat?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu
    That swoosh fella is actually right. If two Holy Priests were ranked in the number 1 and 2 teams, those Priests fucking know what they're doing. If there's a, let's say a team of two Beast Mastery Hunters ranked as number 1, it wouldn't have to mean that the class is overpowered. Those two Hunters could have amazing coordination and perfect execution of shots/stings.
    Just because the flavor of the month class isn't ranked at the top doesn't mean that any other class(es) could take the lead 'cause the fotm class *must* win. Learn that what you like or want isn't always as it is in reality. Too many close-minded players have ruined a perfectly fine SIDE-PART of the game (the game shouldn't be balanced around Arena's). It makes me sad. Flame away, I won't care.
    thats not what swoosh is saying he is saying if there is a priest rank 1 and 2 and then lets say the rest of the top 100 are druid healers because the priests are rank 1 and 2 that means priest are OP

Quote Originally Posted by Moltage
    thats not what swoosh is saying he is saying if there is a priest rank 1 and 2 and then lets say the rest of the top 100 are druid healers because the priests are rank 1 and 2 that means priest are OP
    Yes this is exaclty what im saying.

If all classes were equal and druids and preists were the only 2 healers, and there was 2 priests and 98 druids in the battlegroup, the chances that both priests would be ranked 1 and 2 would be so small that it would most likely never happen.

But seeing as they are ranked 1 and 2 its perfectly acceptable to conclude that since they are the minority and have considerably less chance of being ranked 1 and 2 that its becuase the class has distinct advantages that makes 2 players be above 98 other players.

Read thoroughly what i just wrote and you will see its a perfectly logical and sensible conclusion.

The other conclusion is that both priests just happened to be more skilled, which is highly unlikely in this example.

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    Yes this is exaclty what im saying.

If all classes were equal and druids and preists were the only 2 healers, and there was 2 priests and 98 druids in the battlegroup, the chances that both priests would be ranked 1 and 2 would be so small that it would most likely never happen.

But seeing as they are ranked 1 and 2 its perfectly acceptable to conclude that since they are the minority and have considerably less chance of being ranked 1 and 2 that its becuase the class has distinct advantages that makes 2 players be above 98 other players.

Read thoroughly what i just wrote and you will see its a perfectly logical and sensible conclusion.

The other conclusion is that both priests just happened to be more skilled, which is highly unlikely in this example.
    the only flaw with that logic is that if the priest class really was op there wouldnt be only 2 priests in the top 100 thered be many more. your logic is so flawed and stupid.

lets say a random boomkin mage team had an AMAZING week and they suddenly got #1 in the world. does that INSTANTLY make boomkin and mages op?

Quote Originally Posted by Moltage
    the only flaw with that logic is that if the priest class really was op there wouldnt be only 2 priests in the top 100 thered be many more. your logic is so flawed and stupid.
    It can take months for people to reroll and get a high rating for a fotm class.
    So no, its not really that stupid, because that is exaclty how arena works.

People play more xx class than yy class, blizzard buff yy class to balance population, people then reroll from xx class to yy class.
    2 months later, yy class now has a proportional class representation, because blizz made it overpowered 2 months previously to make the under represented class more attractive and appealing to players.

It works like that now, it worked like that since the game began, it will continue working like that until the game dies.

You also failed to notice that i purposely stated 2 priests and 98 druids being played as an example. Go read again.

The point being made, is that if an under populated class is in the top rated teams in arena, it stands a fair chance that the class has been buffed by blizzard purposely so that more players will reroll that class in an attempts to balance class representation.

And thus its perfectly logical to assume that the class can be described as over powered in relation to other classes. This can be further backed up by the fact disc priest /rogue diminishing returns got nerfed. IT GOT NERFED FOR A REASON. (you can tell me why it got nerfed if your feeling up to the challenge).

Read, understand, learn.

/out

................... edited cuz im being stupid shouldnt try to fight someone online

Depends on the spec. As shadow, not a lot if they are as skilled as you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.