Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: So what classes do Priests beat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rymezz
    Shadowpriests beat Warriors, if you're very lucky and have enough hp/resi it's possible you could beat a rogue, you can never beat a pro rogue 1v1.
    Shamans are also easy, hunters.. and uhm, all casters besides frost mages, atleast that's what i can beat outside of arena, in arena you just get raped :P.

About disc, they can mostly beat any dps that can't heal.
    How do you beat a Lock as a SP? SPs are one of the easiest classes for my Destro Lock to beat. It's not even close. My shadow ward absorbs their damage, my succy seduces them while I burn them down. I usually beat SPs 1v1 without losing more than 1-2k HP.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Do you mean 1v1 or????

1v1 is pointless and arguing about 1v1 is even MORE pointless, especially since devs themselves have already declared they don't balance classes for 1v1. Just because a class fails at 1v1 doesn't mean they can't dominate in 2v2 or 3v3 etc. etc.

That being said. As a shadow priest you can have a chance to take out boomkins and mages, but that's about it, but don't be surprised if you lose to them because both classes have better things in their arsenal. But as shadow those are the 2 classes that when I do have to 1v1 them in pvp I have a little bit of a chance.

Shadow Priest is the shittiest class for 1v1 pvp in the game right now.

They have a .0000001% representation in arena, because their CC is pretty blah and their survivability is pretty terrible.

Disc priests are the opposite, they're pretty good. In every form of pvp. Granted you ahve to be a good disc priest. A lot of fail priests go disc, expect to pwn in pvp and find themselves getting destroyed by people that actually know wtf they're doing.

All that being said, if you're rolling a priest with pvp in mind, I suggest going disc priest for sure, unless by pvp you just mean Battlegrounds, which then I would say, who gives a shit, play whatever spec you find the most fun, but in competitive PVP, right now it's disc priest or GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by Moltage

also only 6 teams with a mage in top 100 OMFG THEY"RE SO NERFED JESUS MORE BUFFS TO THEM PLZ
    THERE ARE 7 WARLOCKS IN TOP 100 SO THAT MEANS MAGES ARE NAO THE MOST NERFED CLASS HOLY SHITZICKLE
    N erf druids kaykay?!

every single shadow priest should go discipline and get 2k rating with <insert random class here> in 2-3 max hours !
    CLEAVE or LEAVE !

Well a disc or shadow priest will allways suck in BG´s. I mean as disc you dont have any damage abilities, or at least not much. Disc is good for arena, but you wont get much out of them in BG´s. If you wanna run around and kill people in BG´s, then roll a class with CC. If you on the other hand wants to do arena, then a disc priest is a very good choice if you like to heal.

I myself can do quite well in 1v1 situations as a disc priest. You just have to outlast your opponent.

A disc priest can last extremely long without running out of mana, and you can do enough damage to take down the opponent with reflective shields and offensive play as the enemy is feared.

As you asked for 1v1.. I'll say what I do myself. Disc has a chance against any class that doesn't over gear dramastically.

Rogue - One of the hardest, but can be taken down if you dont make mistakes, shield up and dots running, heal like you've never healed.

Mage - Frost mage is the easiest, you just have to dispel any freezing. Any other mage will quite much kill themselves to the shield and dots.

Shaman - Same as with rogue, but way less damage. One of the easiest classes to deal. Dash out as much damage when you have feared him

Druid - Feral druids, what can I say. I find them the hardest class. Dealeing tons of burst and have good healing. Quite much have to do the same as with the rogue, and when they start to heal - Fear + Holy Fire/SW combo.

DK - Piece of cake if they dont have Furious gear. Quite much the same as with warriors below, Shield up, dots running and dispel disease.

Warrior - Same as above without dispelling diseases. Though fear is quite much useless against warriors, but should be used of course. Though definately harder than DK, but you fight them almost the same. Can't do any mistakes or you are cut in half.

Warlock - Destro can do tons of burst and get through the shield with Chaos Bolt. Just need to play offensively, Dispel, Dots, Shield and fear. Get close to the lock and run around like a rogue when not healing helps a bit also.
    Affli is a pain in the ass. Can't dispel so all you can do is heal, heal and heal a bit more while doing damage with shield and dots.

Priest - Shadow Priest.. Can't exactly do any damage if you dispel dots, so dispel them and nuke. Easy
    Another disci priest, prepare for a Mana Burn and Dispel fight

Paladin - Retri Paladin is the same as with Warrior and Death Knight, dispel when you can and let them kill themselves to the shield. Fear when they are healing and go offensive.
    Holy, nuke nuke nuke

Of course that is how you do kill them, but it NEVER goes as it should. So you have to improvise in most fights.

That's my two pieces of copper. Hope you found it useful.

Discpriests don't "beat" things. That's up to your partner(s). What a discpriest can offer is excellent survivability and the potential to keep your partner alive. Shadowpriests have a better chance of "beating things", but I think we can all agree that they're not all that in PVP. During the ongoing priest class questionaire, 90% of all questsions so far have been about shadowpvp.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

i love ignorance
    I would love for you to explain my ignorance.
    1v1 rogues are pretty much able to beat everyone.

EXCEPT

this game isnt about 1v1, its about team play.

Would you care to explain what classes won the last MLG tournament played on THE LATEST LIVE PATCH.

Yea. Case closed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    Bar paladins, Warriors, Dk's and Druids. Thats pretty much everyone right?

I won't even go into that endless argument though, because it's such a retarded statement it may aswell be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenthand
    Bar paladins, Warriors, Dk's and Druids.

I won't even go into that endless argument though, because it's such a retarded statement it may aswell be deleted.
    Rogues have always been able to beat warriors with ease in 1v1 since WotLK. Only prot they cant beat, and prot isnt a recomended PvP spec.

In 1v1 since season 6, rogues can also consistently beat DK's aswell.

That leaves 2 classes out of 10 they cant consistently beat in 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenthand
    Thats pretty much everyone right?
    8 out of 10 classes. Yes, you are correct with your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindershock
    How do you beat a Lock as a SP? SPs are one of the easiest classes for my Destro Lock to beat. It's not even close. My shadow ward absorbs their damage, my succy seduces them while I burn them down. I usually beat SPs 1v1 without losing more than 1-2k HP.
    First of all i rush in with a fear, usually mounted, cast my dots on him, use my 3 second horror, silence when he try's a bursty spell, dispel immolate on myself, and dispel your shadow ward by that time i've another fear, oh and i also dispel nether protection sometimes.

I would love for you to explain my ignorance.

EXCEPT

this game isnt about 1v1, its about team play.

Would you care to explain what classes won the last MLG tournament played on THE LATEST LIVE PATCH.

Yea. Case closed. Thanks.
    holy shit and you're more ignorant that I thought I wouldnt beleive it if I didnt read it but damn you're an idiot honestly, how can someone be so goddamn stupid really?

1) In your first post you were trying to use numbers to "prove" our class is OP, you're only saying one class of the 2/3/5 that are on the team. Priest rogue, Why is it only the priest thats OP? it cant be the rogue? In the Top 3v3 comps there are only 3 teams with priests and 4 with rogues, AMAGWD NERF ROGUES PLOX. also 4 teams that have a pally so obviously more OP than a priest. OOOH LOOK A HUNTER apperantly it means that they are completly fine and arent nerfed at all.

holy shit and you're more ignorant that I thought I wouldnt beleive it if I didnt read it but damn you're an idiot honestly, how can someone be so goddamn stupid really?

1) In your first post you were trying to use numbers to "prove" our class is OP, you're only saying one class of the 2/3/5 that are on the team. Priest rogue, Why is it only the priest thats OP? it cant be the rogue? In the Top 3v3 comps there are only 3 teams with priests and 4 with rogues, AMAGWD NERF ROGUES PLOX. also 4 teams that have a pally so obviously more OP than a priest. OOOH LOOK A HUNTER apperantly it means that they are completly fine and arent nerfed at all.
    Top setup in 2's -
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/2/all/all/all/all/

Top setup(s) in 3's -
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3/all/all/all/all/

Top setup(s) in 5's -
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/5/all/all/all/all/

Priest is the only class that is in ALL top setups.

Way to go at failing with your come backs at me. All you can do is call me "ignorant", when all im doing is presenting clear facts backed up by numbers.

Fail more loser boy.

Fail more loser boy.
    Lol how mature of you.

Top setup in 2's -
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/2/all/all/all/all/

Top setup(s) in 3's -
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3/all/all/all/all/

Top setup(s) in 5's -
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/5/all/all/all/all/

Priest is the only class that is in ALL top setups.

Way to go at failing with your come backs at me. All you can do is call me "ignorant", when all im doing is presenting clear facts backed up by numbers.

Fail more loser boy.
    the ignorance.... it hurts.....

Numbers dont mean shit

From 06/13/09
    CURRENT TOP 2v2 team Rating 2882
    Lowest team on top 100 2678

Teams with Druids in top 100 Total number: 40

35 Resto
    2 Boomkin
    3 feral

Teams with a priest in top 100 Total number: 36

34 disc
    2 holy

if you wanna use numbers use these, Looks like resto druids are worse ey?

5s mean nothing so dont even try to use 5s as part of your "numbers" cuz 5s is just zerg something

Rogues are in both the Top 2s and 3s (not in 5s cuz they so goddamn squishy)
    How come you dont say its the rogues that are op? take the rogue and put any other class in there

FOR 3V3

Priest Mage Warrior : 1 in top 100
    Priest mage Warlock: 0 in top 100
    Priest mage Rogue: 26 in top 100
    Priest Mage shaman: 1 in top 100
    Priest Mage priest: 0 in top 100
    Priest Mage paladin: 2 in top 100
    Priest Mage Mage:0 in top 100
    Priest Mage Hunter:1 in top 100
    Priest Mage Druid: 0 in top 100
    Priest Mage death knight:0 in top 100

FOR 2V2

Priest Warrior: 1 in top 100
    Priest Warlock: 3 in top 100
    Priest rogue: 18 in top 100
    priest shaman: 0 in top 100
    priest priest: 0 in top 100
    priest Paladin: 4 in top 100
    priest Mage: 2 in top 100
    priest hunter: 0 in top 100
    Priest Druid: 4 in top 100
    Priest Death knight: 3 in top 100

Seems to me using these numbers that its the rogue not the priest

but then again numbers are worthless and mean nothing

the ignorance.... it hurts.....

Numbers dont mean shit

From 06/13/09
    CURRENT TOP 2v2 team Rating 2882
    Lowest team on top 100 2678

Teams with Druids in top 100 Total number: 40

35 Resto
    2 Boomkin
    3 feral

Teams with a priest in top 100 Total number: 36

34 disc
    2 holy

if you wanna use numbers use these, Looks like resto druids are worse ey?

5s mean nothing so dont even try to use 5s as part of your "numbers" cuz 5s is just zerg something

Rogues are in both the Top 2s and 3s (not in 5s cuz they so goddamn squishy)
    How come you dont say its the rogues that are op? take the rogue and put any other class in there

FOR 3V3

Priest Mage Warrior : 1 in top 100
    Priest mage Warlock: 0 in top 100
    Priest mage Rogue: 26 in top 100
    Priest Mage shaman: 1 in top 100
    Priest Mage priest: 0 in top 100
    Priest Mage paladin: 2 in top 100
    Priest Mage Mage:0 in top 100
    Priest Mage Hunter:1 in top 100
    Priest Mage Druid: 0 in top 100
    Priest Mage death knight:0 in top 100

FOR 2V2

Priest Warrior: 1 in top 100
    Priest Warlock: 3 in top 100
    Priest rogue: 18 in top 100
    priest shaman: 0 in top 100
    priest priest: 0 in top 100
    priest Paladin: 4 in top 100
    priest Mage: 2 in top 100
    priest hunter: 0 in top 100
    Priest Druid: 4 in top 100
    Priest Death knight: 3 in top 100

Seems to me using these numbers that its the rogue not the priest

but then again numbers are worthless and mean nothing
    The reason you use a % of top team setups rather than the actual number of class is because there is more druid based teams than there are priest based teams obviously.

Derrrrrr.

Ill give you an example so you can understand.

If there was only 2 priests in the whole 3v3 bracket, but both priests were in ranked 1 and 2 teams, but 98 druids. It would still mean priests were the better class because they were ranked higher.

Do you follow me?

The reason you use a % of top team setups rather than the actual number of class is because there is more druid based teams than there are priest based teams obviously.

Derrrrrr.

If there was only 2 priests in the whole 3v3 bracket, but both priests were in ranked 1 and 2 teams, but 98 druids. It would still mean priests were the better class because they were ranked higher.

Do you follow me?
    Or possibly because the two Priests were overpowered when grouped with a Rogue for two weeks at the start of the season, abused it to get the high rating, and then stopped playing once it got nerfed. But it's not like that happened this season. There's no way 70% of the top 100 Priest/Rogue teams haven't played games since the nerfs. Definitely not.

You're dumb, stop posting.

Derrrrrr.

Do you follow me?
    No that doesnt mean anything at all you're so stupid

fine Ill use all the team # or w.e

most popular 3v3 comp
    Rogue Mage Druid
    Ret Rogue priest
    Rogue Death knight priest

HOLY SHIT a rogue in all 3 what is this!?!?! nerf rogues

That swoosh fella is actually right. If two Holy Priests were ranked in the number 1 and 2 teams, those Priests fucking know what they're doing. If there's a, let's say a team of two Beast Mastery Hunters ranked as number 1, it wouldn't have to mean that the class is overpowered. Those two Hunters could have amazing coordination and perfect execution of shots/stings.
    Just because the flavor of the month class isn't ranked at the top doesn't mean that any other class(es) could take the lead 'cause the fotm class *must* win. Learn that what you like or want isn't always as it is in reality. Too many close-minded players have ruined a perfectly fine SIDE-PART of the game (the game shouldn't be balanced around Arena's). It makes me sad. Flame away, I won't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I PvP as shadow, and yes, doing BG's can be hazardous to my health. I don't do arena, I don't like putting pressure on my partner to carry my ass. Those shadow priests at 2.4k ratings are paired with a GOOD rogue that carries them. 90% of the time they end up healing the rogue anyways, which totally kills the point of shadowform.

Sure, we can take on most casters, however, I have trouble with arcane mages using mage armor. My dots don't even tick enough to break their mana shield, since mage armor makes dots last for like... 8 seconds? I can't dispel their shield since I'm constantly polymorphed/spell steal spammed. They slow me, I try to dispel, but i'm silenced, they mirror image, I lose target, they blink away to assure I don't get a fear off, by time silence is overv i'm polymorphed agian, arcane mage two shots me.

A good arcane mage will never lose to a shadow priest. Yes you can SW out of first sheep, trinket second, then start to attack and get counter spelled. By time thats up, diminishing return on polymorph is over and its gg.

Meele is crazy. A good ret paladin, not gonna happen. I see a ret coming, I cast VT, they cleanse, they take 2k damage, they do an instant cast flash of light back to 100%, i get a repentance, then hammer, trinket hammer fear, they trinket fear, pop wings, gg.

There is a good enhancement shaman in my server I cannot beat. He just spams purge on me the WHOLE fight while his wolves kill me. Every chance I get at killing his tremor totem, and he lays another one down before I can get fear off.

Well played warriors can be hard, since we have no cc on them, they are constantly on us. Try to fade from hamstring, waste of mana, its on you again next second.

I play alliance, so majority of the people I fight are undead. Thats two fears they can get out of. A undead warrior, he can get out of 3 fears, undead rogue, forget it, I'm dead.

Whenever I bring up shadow PvP, "Omg priests R OP go disc and faceroll."

I shouldn't have to respec because Disc priests are viable in PvP.

Phew... I'm done.