Thread: PvP issue

PvP issue

Well i have been 80 for 2 weeks now and my main problem is pvp. I love to raid but i been trying bgs and arena im just getting slaughter. Ret pallys run around just crushing my will to play. I really dont have much pvp gear but when i am frost i only have around 1.7 sp and it takes for ever to kill anything. Will pvp gear increase my sp a good amount? and does frost still have a crazy burst like it use to. Im still new to mages but this is just a big turn off the the class. Are there any other spec other than frost for arena?

Re: PvP issue

ret pallys are tough.
    trinket repentance and blink hammer of stun.
    spam spellsteal to be sure there arent a lot of other buffs on him so that you can more easily get freedom off of him on the first or 2nd try.
    once you get freedom you should be able to kill him easily.
    if he bubbles then pop your icy veins + evocate macro (you do have the evocate glyph right?)
    then you gotta start the fight all over again.

Whats the avg sp a decently geared pvp ice mage have? just seems i hit like a baby with nerf bat

well, pvp is always a little to get used to, especially at cap level with a new class.
    what makes it even worse is the ret pally issue.
    they have survivability and burst like no other (except maybe dk's).
    fighting a ret palladin is effectively fighting with 60% of your total health, as the second they crit you once (very fast), your total stats get reduced by 20%, including stam from the Vindication Talent. Then, once you enter execute phase (at 20% health), they can basically 1 or 2 shot you with that wrath hammer thingy that really sucks.
    coming from a warlocks POV, it is difficult, especially against a class with so much potential, but dont give up, pvp has been my favorite part of the game for 4 years.

**and dont worry, paladins are getting the hammer in 3.2 (which is supposedly soon). the whole ret pally issue is something blizz actually UNDERSTANDS this time around

edit: sorry, i followed this thread from the home page, didnt bother to look at the forum, i thought it was in pvp, i have no clue how to mage so sorry.

Well, frost is good due to the survivability, but a lot of mages are going back to arcane(like myself) simply because we cannot get a cast off or kill anything anymore. I run 824 resil(-15% crit with molent armor) and it doesn't seem to help. Yes, I'm a clothy, but still. Pvp is very tough for a mage right now simply because low kicks our ass and priests and druids are very very strong. Oh, and melee kicks our ass now. :-\ It doesn't really matter how well you play right now, because a melee will out-cc you and mash 2 buttons to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trepanation
    Well i have been 80 for 2 weeks now and my main problem is pvp. I love to raid but i been trying bgs and arena im just getting slaughter. Ret pallys run around just crushing my will to play. I really dont have much pvp gear but when i am frost i only have around 1.7 sp and it takes for ever to kill anything. Will pvp gear increase my sp a good amount? and does frost still have a crazy burst like it use to. Im still new to mages but this is just a big turn off the the class. Are there any other spec other than frost for arena?
    It takes alot of time to get used to mage pvp, settle for a spec, stick to it and learn it, at some point you'll see improvemnts, just dont do like the majority and _not_ learn from your mistakes, if 1 tactic didnt work against a certain class/spec the first 5 times, it probably wont the 6th time, but trust me, when mage pvp starts to grow on you, you will be rocking hard

Quote Originally Posted by xDavidTChang
    well, pvp is always a little to get used to, especially at cap level with a new class.
    what makes it even worse is the ret pally issue.
    they have survivability and burst like no other (except maybe dk's).
    fighting a ret palladin is effectively fighting with 60% of your total health, as the second they crit you once (very fast), your total stats get reduced by 20%, including stam from the Vindication Talent. Then, once you enter execute phase (at 20% health), they can basically 1 or 2 shot you with that wrath hammer thingy that really sucks.
    coming from a warlocks POV, it is difficult, especially against a class with so much potential, but dont give up, pvp has been my favorite part of the game for 4 years.

**and dont worry, paladins are getting the hammer in 3.2 (which is supposedly soon). the whole ret pally issue is something blizz actually UNDERSTANDS this time around

edit: sorry, i followed this thread from the home page, didnt bother to look at the forum, i thought it was in pvp, i have no clue how to mage so sorry.
    Just wanna point out that Vindication got hotfixed a few days ago. It no longer reduces stam and int so it became useless against casters