Thread: Double Mage

Double Mage

I've been playing double mage for a while now and I've had to go from frost to arcane to kill a someome between a chain cc. My partner is still frost. How would be you beat a druid/x or priest/rogue or dk?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Double Mage

You don't.

Frost sucks against Druids.
    Arcane sucks against Rogues due to no survivability.

The only killable DK is a Blood DK. Unholy will just summon his Ghoul Zoo and a Frost can lock you down completely for 10 seconds.

You should both go Hybrid Spec if you want to kill someone really fast. You should also both be using:
    Titan-forged Rune of Alacrity and Platinum Disks of Swiftness and have the T7/7.5 2pcs Set Bonus

Put this in a macro:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Combustion
    /stopcasting
    /cast Platinum Disks of Swiftness
    /stopcasting
    /cast Arcane Power

And start spamming Frostfire Bolts on the same target. You will probably die to some teams that you beat now, but no single target can survive that kind of burst.

that's a (somewhat) interesting strategy, but I can't believe you wouldn't blast wave in your hybrid spec.

My gut feeling is that the spec is for noobs, and some people may go a little farther with that spec, but high rated mages would just slide backwards.

And why would you take Master of elements and not Impact?

It's not like you're going to live to see going OOM in the spec you're suggesting.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Hmm, must have been a mistake putting a point in MoE instead of Impact. Modified a PvE build but must have missed that one

As Double Mage you have two options:
    1. Survive long enough to wear your opponents down.
    2. Burst one target down and hope to both be alive afterwards.

Currently Mage survivability without a healer is very low, which is why I suggest using the nuke method. AP'ed FFB with Combustion is about the best burst you will ever get, specially when followed up by a PoM Pyro after runs out.

Both reroll gnome and do mirror image, I lost to that thing the other day in arena >.>

Playing Rogue/Shadow Priest.

Gawd, the whole arena was full of small gnomes shooting frostbolts everywhere, god knows I was constantly in a frost nova, even after Escape Artist, CloS, Vanish and even trinket. Did like 5k dmg that game >.>

Also, 2x Counterspell is really nice, make sure you use them correctly