Kologarn + Blade Flurry

Anyone know if there is a sure way to get your BF to hit Kologarn's body while you are attacking the right arm?

It seems 95% of the time my BF hits the left arm instead.

Re: Kologarn + Blade Flurry

Er.. I thought my Blade Flurry was always hitting his body when I was in front of the right arm. It may have been the Left Arm after all. Anyway my best guess is to instead target his body during Blade Flurry while being as close to the Right Arm as possible.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Don't BF until his arm is dead. Problem solved.
    Glyph AR and when the fight starts, get a 1cp SnD, and spam FoK until the arm dies, then pop BF and dps the body. If 2ish rogues do this, the fight evens out to the point where you kill his left arm to kill him, so no dps is wasted, AND you get to pull 8k on a boss.

Only have 1 rogue.
    And right now, killing the left arm doesn't seem to be an option for us, so no need to FoK.

Anyway I will keep trying to see if there is a way.

Thanks guys.

What happens if you target his body with both arms up? Does the BF hit the right or left arm?

It seems to be random.

And it might be the best option.
    Would have to re-target the body to get it to hit the right arm if it doesn't do it the first time.

surpried to read that AR + fok would do more dps than just doing normal dps with blade flurry......but i may actually try that

off topic but i remember the first time i did this fight, silly me cast Killing spree.....needless to say i appeared behind him......did a few secs dps....then unfortunately fell to my death.....i LOL'd, guild werent so happy

you learn from your mistakes in this game......

15+ Year Old Account

well.. I tried using killing spree on kologarn early ulduar during a wipe, and all I got was "invalid target".

on another note, sure maybe you can do higher DPS by going all out FoK, but for what gain? dpsing the wrong target?

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    well.. I tried using killing spree on kologarn early ulduar during a wipe, and all I got was "invalid target".

on another note, sure maybe you can do higher DPS by going all out FoK, but for what gain? dpsing the wrong target?
    The most effective way to kill kolo is to kill the left arm once he's below 15% hp. Even if you don't have FoK spamming rogues, there's lots of incidental damage going on (whirlwind, consecrate, magma totem, divine storm, living bomb, etc.), and the left arm should be just about dead after 2-3 right arms. This means that all damage done to any target is 100% effective, and you should use whatever abilities yield the highest 3 target DPS while still contributing enough focus on the right arm and body that the left arm barely survives the first 85% of his health.

@OP: The hit boxes for all three targets are centered on the body, so I doubt you can specify which it hits by moving closer to one side or the other. Just gotta get lucky.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

15+ Year Old Account

true true, for us kologarn takes enough raw damage right at the start to let us kill the right arm two times and then the body dies.

left arm never goes below 50%

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

(unrelated to rogue0

in our raid, we try to get as much incidental damage done to the left arm as possible while concentrating on the right arm and body.

by the time the right arm dies the second time, we are able to kill Kolg by defeating his left arm.... usually its sitting at 25-50%
    It's just a game.

A few notes:
    -You cant killing spree on this boss, so whoever said they fell behind him is either BSing, found a trick, or they changed some mechanic in the last week.
    -Both arms and his body share the same hit box, the hitbox of his body. Meaning you can stand in front of his body facing away from his right arm and still hit it. It also means, getting closer or farther from the right arm wont help you determine what you hit with bladeflurry.

What I do on Kolo, after bf and ar are on cd, its 5 combo point rupture on right arm, 5 combo point rupture on body, 5 combo point rupture on left arm, repeat. With my dps on left arm + any splash aoe damage it takes from other sources we are able to get disarmed pretty much every attempt easily.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    (unrelated to rogue0

in our raid, we try to get as much incidental damage done to the left arm as possible while concentrating on the right arm and body.

by the time the right arm dies the second time, we are able to kill Kolg by defeating his left arm.... usually its sitting at 25-50%

Pretty much every week this has been the case for us, so any damage to any part of kologarn ends up being effective.
    On a completely selfish side note, this does increase my DPS to unfair levels. I'm usually like 7 or 8% above the next dpser.

surpried to read that AR + fok would do more dps than just doing normal dps with blade flurry......but i may actually try that

off topic but i remember the first time i did this fight, silly me cast Killing spree.....needless to say i appeared behind him......did a few secs dps....then unfortunately fell to my death.....i LOL'd, guild werent so happy Cheesy

you learn from your mistakes in this game......
    FOK's DPE is pretty much superior to everything else a rogue has on 3+ targets. The general rule of thumb for me has always been 1-2 targets = BF/KS then normal dps rotations, and >3 targets = FoK spam while keeping SnD up. This strategy has netted me >8k dps on kologarn a few times now, and tends to keep my overall damage real high.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    A
    -You cant killing spree on this boss, so whoever said they fell behind him is either BSing, found a trick, or they changed some mechanic in the last week.
    no BS (nothing really to be gained about lying about somthings so sill), it did happen early days in ulduar, ive obviously not tried to recreate since the rear of the boss had no visible body sorta thing, i kinda bugged behind him and it was a mess of red and i died.....

thanks for that 'Annoying' never really thought of trying it on the boss fight and generally only ever used fok for naxx trash.....will give it a try on kologarn tonight and see what gives....

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Stand right in front of Kologarn where you're tank is. From this position you can attack the main body as well as both arms with no problems BF should easily hit one of his arms, though it probably is random which one will be hit.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

IMO, after dropping into your rotation, pop Adrenaline Rush as you start damaging his right arm, get a 5cp Rupture on the arm, then switch to the body, get another 5cp Rupture on the body as well as 5 stacks of Deadly Poison (shiv if necessary) and then go back to the arm before it's Rupture wears off and continue in a similar fashion.

Then boast about your DPS