Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Old Alterac Valley PICS

We all miss old school AV i think, if they would bring it back so many new ppl would open their eyes for pvp

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tronada
    Remember when they first installed the honor system?

It was a great time to make peace with the enemy to enjoy every man's favorite outdoor hobby.

I was very rarely ever attacked while fishing, more often than not the enemy would join me in fishing.

Alwayes hated succerss lake that back than!
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronada
    Remember when they first installed the honor system?

It was a great time to make peace with the enemy to enjoy every man's favorite outdoor hobby.

I was very rarely ever attacked while fishing, more often than not the enemy would join me in fishing.

woah! That looks exactly like my hunter back in the days of AV fishing (even the pet is same )

Deleted

Bumping this, epic thread.

There is no reason to miss old school AV. There was nothing fun about your entire team turtling for 6 hours, and it being 2 AM so you logged off and called it a night. Going to work the next day, coming home at 5, eating dinner, getting back on WoW, back in AV, and realizing it's the same fucking game with no progress made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    There is no reason to miss old school AV. There was nothing fun about your entire team turtling for 6 hours, and it being 2 AM so you logged off and called it a night. Going to work the next day, coming home at 5, eating dinner, getting back on WoW, back in AV, and realizing it's the same fucking game with no progress made.
    I disagree. It was one of the few things on the PVP landscape that felt truly massive, which is especially missed in the current era of single-serving WoW.

The frustrating part was when you couldn't get the marks/victories you needed for quests or whatever. There are much better solutions to that problem, though, than completely reworking the battleground - simple enough things like getting 10 "war effort" points every time you turned in armor scraps/mine supplies/enemy body parts/any number of the other mini-objectives, then being able to turn in 100 war effort points for a mark of honor.

But that doesn't even matter now that marks and diminishing returns on honor from kills have been abolished. With the way things are currently, it'd simply be damn sweet to go in to AV to enjoy mass carnage, leave when you had your fill, then still have the other battlegrounds for quick conclusion play.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Liros
    I disagree. It was one of the few things on the PVP landscape that felt truly massive, which is especially missed in the current era of single-serving WoW.

The frustrating part was when you couldn't get the marks/victories you needed for quests or whatever. There are much better solutions to that problem, though, than completely reworking the battleground - simple enough things like getting 10 "war effort" points every time you turned in armor scraps/mine supplies/enemy body parts/any number of the other mini-objectives, then being able to turn in 100 war effort points for a mark of honor.

But that doesn't even matter now that marks and diminishing returns on honor from kills have been abolished. With the way things are currently, it'd simply be damn sweet to go in to AV to enjoy mass carnage, leave when you had your fill, then still have the other battlegrounds for quick conclusion play.
    WISE words! Please forward this to Blizzards headquarter! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Quote Originally Posted by Novu
    Damn, that's a lot of Moonfire spam

I know this isn't Old AV but since we're talking about pre-bc BG's:

After the cross-realm battlegrounds we're launched I came across a wave of new individuals - lots of them fun and some others rather annoying. One of the most intimidating and difficult individuals that I remember trying to kill was this warrior. Decked out in (full?) Tier 3, with Elementium Reinforced Bulwark and Thunderfurry, back then this was basically a walking god. I don't think that this person died at all in this particular game, we lost handily.
    OMG lol, that was the main tank for the guild I was in back in vanilla. I played a rogue named Seabass at the time and remember doing guild WSG games with that guy. Really funny to see that picture on here.

Anyone has any printscreen of AV finishing screen, showing how many hours it lasted??

I remember I used to join AV games that kept for 13 hours+. You would go to work, then come back, and join the same game!

Epic experience, none the less! Nothing like that epic feeling of vanilla wow nowadays..

A nearly 11 month necro? Just save the pics and let it die...

when you que AV get everyone to play D. its so much more fun imo especially if it comes down to the resource count.

AV + Defense + Resource win = fun

had like 2 epic AV's the other night, one came down to something like a 8 - 0 resource win and we were behind like 20-32, the other was like 40~ to 0, and the whole last 100~ came down to pvp deaths where it was some of the best AV's i've played. i really like the resource counter, i wish more BG's used that to affect the outcome of winning more with being penalized for deaths.

LFG Korrak 58+!

Quote Originally Posted by Novu
    Damn, that's a lot of Moonfire spam

I know this isn't Old AV but since we're talking about pre-bc BG's:

After the cross-realm battlegrounds we're launched I came across a wave of new individuals - lots of them fun and some others rather annoying. One of the most intimidating and difficult individuals that I remember trying to kill was this warrior. Decked out in (full?) Tier 3, with Elementium Reinforced Bulwark and Thunderfurry, back then this was basically a walking god. I don't think that this person died at all in this particular game, we lost handily.

looool I forgot about the old hunter's mark arrow looks XD

gief the good old days...
    and I was like,arthas...if you don't stop killing ppl I'll kick you in da nouts

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Lol, I can remember how I felt on my first AV games at lv 51, I FUCKING LOVED IT, so don't tell us how we feel because nobody can tell how somebody else feels.
    Hey everyone

Let's not bump year old threads, because then I have to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!