1. #1

    What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    Hello,

    I started to play Arena about 3 weeks ago. Have enjoyed only the Pve part of the game so far, have been playing about 3 years. Here's the link to my char: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ll&n=Kzargroth

    I play with DK in 2v2 at rating 1.3k now. So yes, we don't know how to play and we don't have optimal gear. I would like to know what do you do against other classes in arena? For example against DK I usually dispell diseases, CoI, fear and shackle his pet while my partner tries to kill him or his partner.

    If this thread get wind under it wings I might post this to other forums as well and make compilation of those threads. Or I get flamed and this thread burns to ashes

  2. #2

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    http://www.arenajunkies.com

    macro's, startegy, forum etc..

  3. #3

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    Quote Originally Posted by kzargroth
    Hello,

    I started to play Arena about 3 weeks ago. Have enjoyed only the Pve part of the game so far, have been playing about 3 years. Here's the link to my char: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ll&n=Kzargroth

    I play with DK in 2v2 at rating 1.3k now. So yes, we don't know how to play and we don't have optimal gear. I would like to know what do you do against other classes in arena? For example against DK I usually dispell diseases, CoI, fear and shackle his pet while my partner tries to kill him or his partner.

    If this thread get wind under it wings I might post this to other forums as well and make compilation of those threads. Or I get flamed and this thread burns to ashes
    Skip Spell Warding and get Divine Fury instead. Assist your partner with damage whenever possible. Fear whenever possible, preferably the enemy's healer. Use Mind Control either on the enemy healer to make them waste their trinket / put them under pressure or on enemy DPS to cripple their burst.

    LoS hunters, druids, mages and warlocks. Always keep Abolish Disease up against DKs. Try to time SWeath against mage's polymorph. Dispell fear asap. Try no to use holy damage spells with enemies in melee range to not get locked out of your healing school. Mana burn enemy healers when possible and when useful (don't burn a full paladin, don't burn prot paladins etc.). Dispell enemy buffs aggressively and quickly dispell enemy immunities (Divine Shield, Ice Block).

    Also, arenajunkies is a great site.

  4. #4

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    Mhm if they come over you, feint death!

  5. #5

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    With a DK on you, keep abolish up, shield + renew up. Fake cast with flash heals, thats doing about 0.8 sec of the heal then stopping so he uses mindfreeze (use afflicted + spellalerter addons to tell you when he uses it and its cd). Once he has used his interrupt you can just penance to full. You can fear them into shackle a lot, this is fearing then spamming shackle as they will pop lichborne to get out of fear. Dont bother dispelling CoI if you are in a desecration, have your DK help with peels i.e. deathgrip + CoI so you can pillar and perhaps get a drink in.
    Another good way to get a full heal up is to burn the opposition healer with the DK on you, this will force him to mindfreeze (well not really but most do anyway) so you can penance to full and shackle gargoyle if its up.

    But yeh go to arenajunkies.com and browse the posts, very helpful info
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

  6. #6

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    it`s a l2p issue. I`m a rogue, and i`ve encountered so many priests that outplayed me, even with shittier gear than mine.

  7. #7

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    it`s a l2p issue. I`m a rogue, and i`ve encountered so many priests that outplayed me, even with shittier gear than mine.
    frankly its a L2 play issue from you then, with a rogue on a priest then priest and his partner wont survive long at all, seen as the amount of control a rogue can put on a priest is massive
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

  8. #8

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar
    frankly its a L2 play issue from you then, with a rogue on a priest then priest and his partner wont survive long at all, seen as the amount of control a rogue can put on a priest is massive
    If you have a good partner, they will get the rogue off of you. So I disagree. Rogues CAN be outplayed. It's not like they are unbeatable or something....

    For the OP, need a more specific question to give you the best answer, but the 2nd reply here is full of good stuff. Check out arenajunkies as well, always good stuff there.

  9. #9

    Re: What do you (priest) do against <insert class here> in arena ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ainra
    If you have a good partner, they will get the rogue off of you. So I disagree. Rogues CAN be outplayed. It's not like they are unbeatable or something....

    For the OP, need a more specific question to give you the best answer, but the 2nd reply here is full of good stuff. Check out arenajunkies as well, always good stuff there.
    This.

    Also you will find that the strats that you use to peel certain classes dont work as your raiting goes up and you fight people who just hit much harder. Like at 1800 my pally could stand next to warriors and laugh, cant do that at 2100.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •