Arcane or frost for PvP?

Yeh well, im new here so hopefully im not making a thread/question thats been asked 1000 times before .

So i would like to try out Arcane for PvP but what specc is the best for a mage in PvP? Frost or Arcane?

Re: Arcane or frost for PvP?

Idk what is the BEST spec, but when i PvP (Bg's) i love frost due to the survivability.

Arcane is fun and you can blow some people up very quick in the early brackets, but you'll never make it to a respectable rating using it (there are a few up there but they are the exception to the rule.) There isn't any survivability in the tree, and definitely not enough utility. Arcane barrage doesn't hit like it used to back when no one had resilience.

Frost on the other hand is very technical. It requires, imo, a lot more skill to play. timing is everything, and knowing when to switch targets is everything.

Remember... you'll probably cast polymorph more than your main nuke lol.
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

its all player ability and preference imo.

Slow is fckn OP and Arcane is just generally fun in pvp.

But if you want to excel and go above and beyond you have alot more room to with Frost imo.

but like the other dude said....Sheeping is still sheeping especially since we cant have our mirror images do it for us now lol.

I tried arcane with the 50 % frost crit, on frozen targets.. Worked great for bgs, id say you can use both arcane and frost in bgs but i prefer arcane since in bgs its mostly just one team owning an other but in arena its fair and you should go for big crits + survival

Just like other said, arcane is a fun spec when playing around in BG's, but it wont last you on higher ratings since it lacks survivability.
    If you plan on doing serious arena, frost is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I voted Waffles, because Waffles are awesome.

Freshly baked up in the morning with some fresh old fashioned butter and maple syrup, can't go wrong with that. Just think about it for a moment, imagine the waffles in your mouth, syrup dripping down your throat, and then downing it with a glass of O.J.

It is because of this that I believe Blizzard should rework Azeroth for Waffles.

It depends on your play style, your team composition and how well you can pay attention.

And there's still survivability as arcane. Imp mana shield, Imp Blink, imp resistance, instant invis, POM sheep, slow.

I personally like Frost a lot better than Arcane. Sure Arcane can have some massive damage output, but at the cost of some survivability, and as Frost you'll have a little more control over the fight. Like previously mentioned, Frost can be a little more technical, but if you can get a handle on it, I feel its more powerful overall than Arcane.

both are viable in all aspects of PVP. Frost is much more forgiving because of the damage shields but if you play them well they can both work (if its not working then you arent playing it well).

20/0/51 frost
    60/0/11 arcane

Enjoy...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

both are viable in all aspects of PVP.
    Agreed.

If u go on a 3v3 / 5v5 arena team, be sure to be frost. Arcane lacks a little on the survivability factor on those.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Nibelung

Mediocre player: Arcane
    Good player: Frost
    Awesome player: Arcane
    The Korgar
    Dentarg

-Fair enough. Give each of them a tank.
    -Even the mentally handicapped?
    -Especially the mentally handicapped.

-Herr General Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Sinders are you fucking retarded? How can you cry about rogues mobilty? you a pala is by far 1 of the best classes to nulify their mobility. JoJ, Dispells, Stuns, Freedom... come on man l2p.

If anything rogue needs a 50% passive survivabilty increase buff, vanish 2 sec immunity, cos 100% and shs as 11 talenter for sub.
    HELL YEAH THEY DO!!1

Arcane is good for starting out pvp but when you get more skilled frost is much better but a lot harder to use. IMO one of the hardest pvp specs in the game. But if you know how to play frost, then frost is much better
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spirestone&n=Leth%C3%A5l

Quote Originally Posted by Moisander
    Mediocre player: Arcane
    Good player: Frost
    Awesome player: Arcane
    I agree with this.

It really all depends on whether your talking arena or BG's.

Arcane: Good button smashing damage, really boring (Slow>ABar>MB(when proc)>POM/ABlast) rinse and repeat.
    Frost: Must be skilled. Quick shatters are a must and utilizing cooldowns is immense. You cant just spam something when frost spec.

As far as what spec for what, go frost for almost everything. Definately for arena. Arcane in arena is for the koreans....XD.....but seriously...

I currently PvP as arcane spec, and while there was a time that i considered Frost the cookie cutter end all of mage PvP builds i have since reconsidered. As Arcane i have managed to hold and maintain over a 2200 arena rating in both 2s and 3s.

I believe that arcane spec is more challenging than frost to master but in no way is inferior to Frost. People who say otherwise just do not know any better. They are different styles of play, Arcane is for burst while Frost is for control.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicCrayon
    I currently PvP as arcane spec, and while there was a time that i considered Frost the cookie cutter end all of mage PvP builds i have since reconsidered. As Arcane i have managed to hold and maintain over a 2200 arena rating in both 2s and 3s.

I believe that arcane spec is more challenging than frost to master but in no way is inferior to Frost. People who say otherwise just do not know any better. They are different styles of play, Arcane is for burst while Frost is for control.
    lol what battlegroup you in? i want there!! going as arc in a difficult group with more skilled teams is hard. seems like on our server good rogues dont exist