Changing alchemy's dps bonus

On my newest mage, I leveled alchemy without putting too much thought into it for the conveinence of being able to make my own flasks, etc without having to use the AH.

Then... I wanted to PVP. And i realized that in arena, alchemy's way of giving you your dps boost is completely useless, as you can't pop a flask in arena or use the special pots. On top of that, you only get the bonus when you have a flask popped. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have a frost wyrm on for doing dailies or 5 mans. every other profession is a one-time investment, static boost. Alchemy is kind of screwed in that respect... and there isn't even an epic alchemist's stone (yet).

So, other than the sarcastic response of "re-roll professions," would anyone have any other ways of creatively implementing alchemy's damage bonus? Mixology is cool, but out-dated in relation to the other professions. I'd like to hear any ideas on here before switching the thread over to the official forums.

Thanks.
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Re: Changing alchemy's dps bonus

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43569

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43570

You are right, alchemy is totally worthless for arena..........

Did I say completely worthless?? NO I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuma
    Then... I wanted to PVP. And i realized that in arena, alchemy's way of giving you your dps boost is completely useless
    Please more on topic.
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Please more on topic.
    No you didnt say completely wothless, you called the alchemy bonuses completely uselss, in regards to DPS boost. But lets imagin that you just had a Disc priest or warlock drain your precious mana.. how much DPS would you gain from a tad more spell power compared to some extra on demand mana? same goes for health, if your dead, you wont do alot of extra damage. In PvP the endless potions have the potential to be alot more powerfull than anyother profession bonus currently ingame, only trade off is that they arent passive, and you have to put some thought into when you are gonna use em.

Please more on topic.
    I thought he was very on topic. You sound like a 10 year old.

Hmmm a 1 post account huh? Sounds like you made that to back yourself up to me.... who's the 10 year old now?

Anyways, Fine if you'd like to forget the arena thing then its w/e. But can anyone think of a more cost effective way to implement alchemy's bonus?

i dont know about pvp but 2 hour flask = win/save money

If you don't like the profession get another one, after all there are worse ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Mining and herbalism also do not increase your damage (for pretty much every spec). Worthless?
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

The typical professions offer rather piddling dps increases as it is. Engineering is the preferred arena dps profession given that it offers on-demand burst. Alchemy is the counterpart of engineering in the arena environment, offering on-demand survivability as opposed to damage. However, adding an Endless Speed Potion or Endless Potion of Wild Magic wouldn't be unreasonable, though they'd have to be weak. The last thing I want to have to deal with is pvpr's with engineering/alchemy using their lightning gen + hand cannon and popping a haste potion at the same time.

Hmmm a 1 post account huh? Sounds like you made that to back yourself up to me.... who's the 10 year old now?

Anyways, Fine if you'd like to forget the arena thing then its w/e. But can anyone think of a more cost effective way to implement alchemy's bonus?
    First off, that 1 post dude is not me -_- but anyway, to your question:

Im sure that the bonus could somehow be merged into mixology, tho it would probably be a royal PAIN to code. But would it really be worth it? Do you really need that extra spellpower while grinding or doing 5mans? I know it doesnt look as pretty on the character sheet standing in IF / UC / Dalaran, but is it really needed there.?

You also bring up the cost. As far as i can see, your proffession (alchemy) bonus costs nothing. Myself being an enchanter, i have to reenchant my rings, every time i get an upgrade. I will give you that it happens rarly, but with the current prices for dust and essences on my relm, its bloody expensive. Now when i raid, or do whatever and i need some more spellpower, i do the same thing as everyone else, alchemists or not, i use a flask. But me not being an alchemist i dont get any "bonus" intop of the original effect.

I am sorry if the above is written in a mess, my first language is not english, but my point is. "everyone" flasks anyway, and even if you didnt have alchemy you probably would flask aswell, but having alchemy you get a substantial bonus when you do, at no extra cost. So if you want to get all technical, all other proffesions should be moaning that alchemy gets their bonus at absolutly no cost at all, no reagent, no crafting cost, no nothing. Apart from the endless potions ofcourse, but they have unlimited charges, so fairly cheap for a one time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by vitalic
    The typical professions offer rather piddling dps increases as it is. Engineering is the preferred arena dps profession given that it offers on-demand burst. Alchemy is the counterpart of engineering in the arena environment, offering on-demand survivability as opposed to damage. However, adding an Endless Speed Potion or Endless Potion of Wild Magic wouldn't be unreasonable, though they'd have to be weak. The last thing I want to have to deal with is pvpr's with engineering/alchemy using their lightning gen + hand cannon and popping a haste potion at the same time.
    Sounds like a pretty reasonable suggestion to me really

there isn't even an epic alchemist's stone (yet).
    I hope Blizzard do implement something like this in the near future.

To be perfectly honest the increase on our flasks/elixirs do not give an alchemist a lot of room of decision. Ask any alchemist you know what spec they are, and 90% will be Elixir specced. The other 10% will be potions or transmutation spec probably because they have a friend or guildie that is elixir.

Mixology was a nice buff to alchemists, however I don't think it was in a good direction it just promoted alchemists to do something they are already doing without seeing a great change in their game play. I think Blizzard should have done a potions or transmutation buff of some calibre that would help towards raiding; diversity is fun!

from a PVP point i guess it wouldnt be as much use..but in PVE its still great. I am always under the use of a flask..but i guess in arane it would not be as much use

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisawesome
    This new flask will give you the equivelent bonuses any other proffession will give you. It will NOT be as good as regular flasks for raiding, but for arena, this will balance things more when you compare your stats w/ alchemy, to another proffession.

They are re-useable (does not get consumed). So you only have to make it once.

W00T I win. Thanks for the changes Blizzard.

/thread