Earthquake Spell

"...give us earthquake, a genuine key shaman ability from WC3, make it a AOE we can cast at a distance (the elemental way) and make it snare, chance to knock down, and give it some decent DPS, make it a channel AOE. YOu can even maybe make it do extra damage to buildings, though I dont think that is needed."
    -Grazzie(Akama)

"EARTHQUAKE. baseline, channeled. All effected take damage and are affected by a daze. Improved in ele tree - increased damage and 3 sec initial stun, in addition to daze."
    -Yunaa(Manoroth)

i've got to say, its a yummy idea. not big on channels though. there could really be something here i think. of course, i leave it to your expertise to hash it out.

-Mac
    Knowledge is a blue item. Rare. You've gotta work for it.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Earthquake Spell

Elemental shammy stun? With Thunderstorm? And another root? That would be VERY OP my good man. Keep the increased damage, take away the stun, as it would be very OP in PvP, and not very helpful in PvE.

*Mass stun* (Lay earthbind) *mass root.* *Thunderstorm*. Repeat. A big "fuck you" to melee, that would be.

perhaps a tad overzealous in pvp, but pve, a nice ranged aoe would be rather pleasant. and yes, i know we have CL, but c'mon. earth shakin'. and not *just* elemental. make it trainable. it could be, perhaps, more along the lines of the Hunter's Volley, maybe?
    Knowledge is a blue item. Rare. You've gotta work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    I don't understand the purpose of your post.

It looks to be a link from the Ragnarok Online Wiki, about a spell named 'earthquake', perhaps after the natural occurrence/disaster we experience here on Earth (our planet) wherein the tectonic plates beneath the surface of the earth grind against one another, causing distress to the ground we walk on (could be considered a 'quaking' sensation).

Perhaps someone clever in the developmental team behind Ragnarok Online thought it would make a neat ability, and modeled the in-game effects of said spell to be similar to the real-life version of 'earthquakes'. It's probably not the first thing that the Ragnarok Online team has modeled after real-life occurrences. Believe it or not, the metal armor that the knights and warriors of Ragnarok Online wear was probably inspired by some of the warriors of our very own history. It's an interesting read, I'll provide you with a few links of my own.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche_bag#Slang_uses

To the original poster: it would be a good ability to help pick up where the Elemental tree leaves off. I think we can all agree that Shaman isn't quite "there" in terms of well-rounded defenses, though with Lava Burst, their offensive capabilities are a little less predictable than they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    This topic is about a theoretical spell named 'Earthquake', so I thought I'd link to a spell named 'Earthquake' from my favorite free-to-play grindfestMMORPG.

Your own post is far more useless and I don't like the implied insult.

i wouldn´t mind it to be similar in use to death in decay

activate earthquake, deside the spot you want to have it at, and cast ( instant )

could also have the same cooldown, 30 seconds ( but please make it cheap to use, fire-totems are expensive enough )

could knockback on cast ( knockback as falling on your butt ), one sort knockback in 30 seconds wont be that op, would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment

It looks to be a link from the Ragnarok Online Wiki, about a spell named 'earthquake', perhaps after the natural occurrence/disaster we experience here on Earth (our planet) wherein the tectonic plates beneath the surface of the earth grind against one another, causing distress to the ground we walk on (could be considered a 'quaking' sensation).

Perhaps someone clever in the developmental team behind Ragnarok Online thought it would make a neat ability, and modeled the in-game effects of said spell to be similar to the real-life version of 'earthquakes'. It's probably not the first thing that the Ragnarok Online team has modeled after real-life occurrences. Believe it or not, the metal armor that the knights and warriors of Ragnarok Online wear was probably inspired by some of the warriors of our very own history. It's an interesting read, I'll provide you with a few links of my own.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche_bag#Slang_uses

To the original poster: it would be a good ability to help pick up where the Elemental tree leaves off. I think we can all agree that Shaman isn't quite "there" in terms of well-rounded defenses, though with Lava Burst, their offensive capabilities are a little less predictable than they have been.
    Fail post is Fail.

I have no idea what provoked you to be a massive tool in your response to a completely legitimate comment by another user. Alright, Captain Five-Posts, your turn for some limp attempt at rebuttal. GO!

Attack name: Earthquake
    Power points: 10
    Battle type: Ground
    Base power: 100
    Accuracy: 100

A powerful quake, but has no effect on flying foes.

Earthquake was 1 of idea for aoe in pve.. lets not rush to make it OP for pvp to..
    i would make it this way... chaneled 10 sec deals (2000) dmg every second and lowers enemys speed in 20 yard radius for 50%... 20% base mana (1000)...1 min cd..
    that would be my idea of spell..
    now another idea i saw some posts about giving thunderstorm as trainable spell.. so give us earthquake instead of thunderstorm and make it traniable.. thunderstorm will be nerfed tho..that way.. it would give mana and some dmg like now but without knockback.. knockback might me somewhere in elemental talents or so...

don't know say what u think

edit: why just give elementals earthquake... ench have magma totem close up for dmg aoe..also they loose much of dps while chanelling.. resto have to heal..

I do like the idea of this spell. I think of it as the Nature version of the Mage's Blizzard spell. Channeled, does damage to those caught in it, and will snare them.

Just like the Mage blizzard spell, this spell should not have any cool down at all. Most of our "good" spells have cool downs and if this spell is channeled, it should not have one.

I think it should be just as mana expensive as blizzard, rain of fire, etc. It's not like we run out of mana anyways and not like this spell would work into a rotation for boss dps. Trash dps and some PvP uses.

On a side note: I think the casting model for this spell should look like when the shaman casts bloodlust (like a roar) instead of like when we cast the normal spells. The ground animations would look just like some of the current ones; i.e. the trinket from the brewfest that summons to pod to take your party to BRD.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

15+ Year Old Account

Next expansion.

I'm not a huge fan of the whole snare etc... even though it does make sense.

I don't play a shaman so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think elementals are the only ranged class without a channeled aoe. So just make this spell similar to blizzard or volley and it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Governor
    I'm not a huge fan of the whole snare etc... even though it does make sense.
    Maybe a glyph can add the snare effect for PvP purposes.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Personally, I would rather see a spell like Lighting Tendrils in the shamans arsenal. Obviously with less damage.