Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blizzard is trying to take Rets away from the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Xip
    i am not playing retard spec or class...
    spamm 4 buttons in random order and win...gg
    well no prob, just link your armory regardless what class/spec u play then

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Saintety
    ok i understand your point but DKs do magic damage with melee attacks (frost and scourge strike). Lay on hands does not work in arena and finally u join me when i say that blizzard does not allow ret to shine in PvP especially arena.
    While I know Lay on Hands doesn't work in Arena due to cooldown, Blizzard does not completely ignore classes in battlegrounds or world PvP.
    I think Death Knights are very powerful, but they, as have rets, taken some serious nerfs since 3.0. Frost Strike damage is quite sick however.
    The thing is, Death Knights have some limited heals, very very limited heals, they don't have bubble. I know, everyone hates "bubble" being used as a excuse, and we could argue for ages about bubble-heals when the heals cost a lot of mana (while I don't see a obvious lack of mana for rets.. Judgement of the Wise or whatever), but the fact remains that bubble is a incredibly powerful tool. It effectively doubles your health ([effective health] which is already high due to armor, heals)

Blizzard can't just let a class or specc shine (in this case, many would mean a high representation, probably higher than 10%) out of pity...
    I've read that many wants a slow for retpaladins, is that needed? The damage is already high and while a ret can't really slow a adversary, they are lethal when they come up close (HoJ, Repentance, PoJ) easy to argue with pvp trinkets or other classes being able to slow, but I don't think it applies.
    Or rather, a rets damage might not be as high as say DK, mage or whatever, but damage-output can't be equal when there's a damage immunity versus 9 classes out of 10 (priests), high health, armor and heals. It just doesn't work.

'taking paladins from the light' ------ its a catchy slogan [maybe not a good one, but one nonetheless]
    care to comment on the issue?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH !!! 9 Y old kid....GTFO ! "BLIZZARD TRYING TO TAKE US AWAY FROM THE LIGHT"
    god i cant stop laughing!
    THE "poor" ret spec...yea right...

WTH IS "nerv" ?
    btw Ret tears....taste is good...

yea...i forgot...HOW many binds you have????? hahah
    you call the poster a 9 year old kid but seeying your reply you are even below his lvl, even if his post is wrong

sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by topp5
    what gets on my nervs if how rets never go oom and have two attack buttons. your spec is too easy to play and blizz nerfs it to make it fair. also, do you see all specs of all classes well represented in arenas? no you dont.
    couldn't you say the same with most caster classes? considering every thing is a macro now a days.

hmm OP or not. As a surv hunter I got NO problems taking down Retri Pallys. They are easy, just kite them around and voila one dead pally. But then again vs. locks I'm dead meat, its just the way Blizz have designed this with classes and anti classes.
    Likewise with my frost spec mage, melee with the occasional exception of DK's (but even they can be kited around) are easy peasy while ranged are are causing me serious problems again locks an SP comes to mind as a class I simply can not beat.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Victorianox
    ye sure...to bad it isnt updated yet...
    Spriest 2503 2v2
    ok so u play a priest at 2300+ rating maybe even 2500. how many ret paladins have u seen break 2k compared to the entire paladin community. Maybe all ret paladins suck at playing the spec or maybe blizzard is making it too hard

the thing is...i dont respect ppl like him...when you say something is shit i want to see facts for that...and i dont see any facts that ret paladin is NOT GOOD for PvP...
    the op has no clue about Paladins or PvP...i would like to see his armory link...
    Still you can make a constructed well designed post without all the caps and the ....
    I just wonder wether if someone tells you something in RL in which you are absolutely not OK with, wether you start YELLING at him that hes a 9 year old kid would punch him in the face if you get the chance??
    what makes you allowed doing it on forums???

anyway if its really you that SPriest with 2500 rating than it seems you are handeling Retri boys just fine or on the flip side i think you dont encounter any because there arent simply or less in that bracket, but than again Priest / rogue explains all

I just started doing some 2vs2 arena with a friend (resto shaman and warlock). I have 712 resillience atm and almost 21k hp (more hp for shamans please ). If i let a ret paladin come close and he stuns me i am doomed if i don't get out of the stun fast enough and don't have my HS or nature swiftness. The damage is really high. And if i go ghost wolf they still keep up with me. So i am under a lot of pressure with a ret paladin after me the whole match.

I guess this will be different on higher rating with people having 1000 resillience and more hp (and more skills then me). But still, you can't just say retribution paladins are worthless in arena.

P.S. Try going holy then if you want to do arena so bad and think ret sucks. Same with elemental shamans who are not so good in arena teams either.

Oh and these kind of statements:

"Face is Paladins, Blizzard wants to banish Ret from PvP."

are just ridiculous and stupid, please stop posting stuff like that.

Wtf is this country putting in the water I swear to God its lead such retards on the net today it's staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    I just started doing some 2vs2 arena with a friend (resto shaman and warlock). I have 712 resillience atm and almost 21k hp (more hp for shamans please ). If i let a ret paladin come close and he stuns me i am doomed if i don't get out of the stun fast enough and don't have my HS or nature swiftness. The damage is really high. And if i go ghost wolf they still keep up with me. So i am under a lot of pressure with a ret paladin after me the whole match.

I guess this will be different on higher rating with people having 1000 resillience and more hp (and more skills then me). But still, you can't just say retribution paladins are worthless in arena.

P.S. Try going holy then if you want to do arena so bad and think ret sucks. Same with elemental shamans who are not so good in arena teams either.

Oh and these kind of statements:

"Face is Paladins, Blizzard wants to banish Ret from PvP."

are just ridiculous and stupid, please stop posting stuff like that.
    i understand you are under lots of pressure, But you play with a warlock you say? where is he? i assume he deathcoils , fears the pala away
    it should give you breathing space, affliction lock is the way , dot fear let him trinket, fear again make him bubble and after the bubble its GG,
    you partner needs to work with you not against you ^^

yet at some point of their history they have somehow been on top or have occupied nice spots. Ret is our only dps tree for both pve and pvp. PvE is fine but not PvP; it has never been
    So? Shadow is a priest's only DPS tree, and they have been terrible at PVP for about 3 years.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

poor ret palas QQ
    :>

its getting on my nerves. 2 of 3 threads are retQQ threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Pallys, LIVE with it.. ur class sucks and plz reroll another! :-[

Blizz always make Pally SUPER OVERPOWER in PTR server and @ the beginning of an expansion 8)

But you will get nerf to shit when that period is over >

Btw for those who mention that 2 buttons class is easy to play? Think about it again :-X

You have no flexibility in your combat and after ur 2 spells are on CD u only have auto attack :-\

Bubbles, BOP and Lay of Hands are useless in Arena.. Ur only 2 main healing spells are 100% interruptable

yet at some point of their history they have somehow been on top or have occupied nice spots. Ret is our only dps tree for both pve and pvp. PvE is fine but not PvP; it has never been
    like allready stated, many specs have never been balanced good for pvp or had any good spot in arena teams. prot warriors? lol, it's our ONLY tanking tree therefore it should be good in pvp, even in BC right?
    Ele shammys and enha shammys in bc, only good for 3v3 in cartain comps, and they a spesific role as "kill the woinded guy".

you just want it all. If you r spec is a alittle subpar but workable in certain comps..then you should eb frikking happy and stop whining like a little kid because you rolled a gay character who you allready knew was a hybrid.
    Meh

15+ Year Old Account

Never said Paladins were never op in PvP i said arena. PvP is vague because it includes BG which i am sure is what u are referring to. get yourself a pocket healer and see if a paladin can kill u in BG
    Wow...just wow, have you just come back to the game after a 6 month break or something? Ret paladins WERE op in both bg's and arena, before they nerfed bubble dmg you could rarely stop a ret pally in arena.

ok so u play a priest at 2300+ rating maybe even 2500. how many ret paladins have u seen break 2k compared to the entire paladin community. Maybe all ret paladins suck at playing the spec or maybe blizzard is making it too hard
    i come across quite a few rets above 2k rating.

Ret+ :
    resto sham , ele sham , rogue , resto druid , dk are the main one's

ret is pretty easy to deal dmg with 4 buttons yes, but to play ret and be good at it its way more buttons, i played ret over 2k rating last seson and i use 15 key binds frequently.

Having a simple, relatively straightforward DPS rotation allows me to watch over the party/raid and help pick up the slack when appropriate.

How many times during PvE has a pally saved your ass with a bubble, Lay on Hands, Flash of Light, Cleanse, etc etc when the healer(s) were too overwhelmed to do it for you?

Nerf the hell out of my DPS and I'll still find a way to be useful in a group. Being able to save a potential wipe is the reason I love this class so much.