Thread: Steelbreaker

15+ Year Old Account

Steelbreaker

Iron Council Hardmode - is it possible to have a hunter taunt Steelbreaker !! with his tenacity pet !! so it get's the debuff, and then dismiss it before the meltdown? This way noone would die, except if i missed something.

Re: Steelbreaker

Pet dismiss is a 5 sec cast and the chance that the pet is instant down is pretty high since the hp is not rly high (you might be able to get it up to ~30k but that's it) ... so after all this is not a valid option.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Luth%C3%ADen

15+ Year Old Account

I was thinking about http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26064, since it would only need to survive one hit, again, if i'm not mistaken.

I can't believe you care if the pet lives or not... sacrafical pet is better than sacrafical tank.

everytime anyone with meltdown dies, steelbreaker gains more dmg.

and blizzard fixed that steelbreaker gets HP when pet tank dies, so that strat isnt viable.

You could do it yes, Im pretty sure it would still cause the boss to get the buff + heal though. Also, if you did that you may aswell just have the pet tank it for 20 seconds or so ;/. It will survive with Last stand + shield wall, (But you would have to gimp yourself to get max hp you could possibly get) but it wouldnt be worth it
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47788
    Is it saves tank from dying from meltdown? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Grob
    No, it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grob
    I've used Divine Intervention on our tanks after the fight was over and that didn't save them either ;o.

Deleted

You can't use pets to tank this boss anymore, they changed it after this french guild did it with pets.

Just do the normal thing:

2 tanks
    5-6 healers
    rest dps

1 tank on molgeim, 1 tank on steelbreaker, 1 dps dk in frost presence (or dps warrior with shield, or cat druid in bear form) tank brundir.

Have 2 rogues on brundir the whole time to interrupt everything he casts.
    Have a designated dispeller on your steelbreaker tank(s) who will be able to dispell all fusion punches without failure.
    Ret paladin is good for that.
    Have 3 (or 4, i cant recall correctly) designated ranged dpsers or healers who will sit in range to soak the debuff steelbreaker does which causes them to take increased nature damage - always keep those people healed, especially in p3.

When moving steelbreaker around keep in mind that if the tank (highest on threat) isn't in melee range (5 yards) when he starts casting fusion punch, it will pick the closest person and cast fusion punch on them instead - you can see him targeting that person, and he will go back to the tank after. So keep this in mind while moving Steelbreaker to reposition him.

When Molgeim dies, bring steelbreaker and brundir together - keep interrupting brundir. When he casts overload the whole raid and the tanks run away, then reposition back. When brundir dies, crucial phase starts - nobody must die except for the tanks, every death other than the tanks means you must wipe and try again.

Set up a tanking rotation, Tank 1 -> Tank 2 -> Tank 1 -> Tank 2

On 1st tank no cooldowns are needed, second should use some cooldowns on fusion punches, third tank should pop all his cooldowns, and 4th tank basically must be a warrior with shield wall and 4 piece t8 set bonus, and also get something powerful like pain suppression or similar on him when shield wall is off, because on last tank rotation the damage is insane, normal melee hits are in the 40-60k range, fusion punch even more. We used Feral Druid with frost resistance gear (~54k hp raid buffed w/o cooldowns) and a Prot Warrior, Tank 1 being the druid and tank 2 the warrior.

Use either soulstones or natures swiftness + combat ress to bring up the tanks. HIGHLY recommended that both are glyphed, providing 100% hp to the tank when he comes back up, because the aoe damage ticks for quite a lot after molgeim and brundir are dead and can kill your tank immediately after he's gotten ressed if he times this badly.

Have your DPS and tanks position in maximum distance from each other on steelbreaker in p3 so that when a tank dies, he doesn't blow up anyone. You should aim for something like a triangle. where tank 1 is on one side, tank 2 on other (i.e. left and right foot of steelbreaker) and dps on another side (i.e. the back of steelbreaker but max range, the hit box is big).

Have tanks taunt off each other when there are 4 or less seconds left on the meltdown debuff on the current tank - be sure to leave the current tank few secs to move back so that he doesnt hit anyone when he dies.
    Keep in mind that Steelbreaker is immune to taunt while casting fusion punch.

I hope this helps, sorry if I've missed something

We don't even tank Stormcaller in phase 1. We just let him chain lightning the raid for joke damage until we kill Runemaster, then the Runemaster tank switches to Stormcaller.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I can't believe you care if the pet lives or not... sacrafical pet is better than sacrafical tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    everytime anyone with meltdown dies, steelbreaker gains more dmg.

and blizzard fixed that steelbreaker gets HP when pet tank dies, so that strat isnt viable.
    That's why i do care that the pet will live. Because, if i dismiss the pet, it would'nt die, right?
    so basicly pop the shell shield, start dismissing, taunt, pet get debuff and won't die.

But after
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuurlol
    You can't use pets to tank this boss anymore, they changed it after this french guild did it with pets.
    i guess that won't work