Thread: Holy question

Holy question

Hey guys.

atm im lvling my priest (75)
    im gonna be healer when i hit lvl 80

but.. i dont know what i should stack or make a balanced set?
    and i would be nice if you could link a imba talent tree

Re: Holy question

ok

if your gonna heal (if this is in time) take this spek: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...illazz&group=2

cant go wrong. you get the mana regen from meditation its just the pimp spek yo for lvl 78

Quote Originally Posted by killerstefdk
    Hey guys.

atm im lvling my priest (75)
    im gonna be healer when i hit lvl 80

but.. i dont know what i should stack or make a balanced set?
    and i would be nice if you could link a imba talent tree
    What do you plan on healing (5mans, 10mans, 25mans,naxx,ulduar)? Where do you plan on healing(guild,pugs)? What kind of healing do you want to do (tank, raid, etc)? Have you healed with any other class?

These are the questions you should be asking before stats and trees. Or provide the information so we can better help you out! Unlike DPS, there isnt one single undisputed best spec or "absolute" stats where stacking one is always better than another.

Quote Originally Posted by wootels
    This spec is pretty average... don't waste points in PW:S or mental agility, you'd get more mileage putting the points into Healing Prayers and if you are talking about leveling i'd suggest you would get some pretty good use out of Body & Soul. A lot of holy priests are even taking Body & Soul for Ulduar... I don't necessarily agree with their choice but it does have its applications.

For an actual raid spec, I prefer this.

You don't actually need 2 points in SoL, due to your spells hitting 5 to 6 targets at a time 1 point is enough to get a very similar number of procs to 2 points. You can check out www.elitistjerks.com for the math if you're so inclined.

I don't take inner focus because I don't find I run into any mana issues and I like having the security of 2 points in healing focus, however if you think inner focus is required you simply steal a point out of this talent.

I don't take inspiration because as a holy priest i'm always assigned to heal the raid. However if you're the sort of holy priest that does do some MT healing on occasion you need to pick this talent up. You would do so at the expense of points in healing focus and/or holy reach.

There is even a school of thought that if you never MT heal you don't even put 5 points into divine fury. If you find you seldom cast gheal you might want to consider putting those 5 points into spell warding. Personally I like having the security of a quick big heal just incase but there is certainly a case that serendipity will make your gheals as fast as they ever need to be.

Lastly I would prefer to have 5/5 empowered healing but I run out of points to pick up GS and I think you want to have GS up your sleeve. Some people don't use it at all and thus I guess you could run without it but I think for one point its great utility to have. Out of all the deep end talents, losing 1 point in empowered healing is goign to have the most minimal impact and you probably won't notice it's effect. Some only put 1 point into empowered renew but I think that's a mistake... i rely on renew a lot to heal 'safe' raid members back to full, particularly if I know they are going to take some consistent damage over time.

Lastly I think the 3 major glyphs of Flash Heal, PoH & CoH are pretty much mandatory... there is a case for Renew but I don't see how renew provides better output than the above... perhaps at the expense of Flash Heal if you know your mana pool can handle it.