Poll: POLL: What is the best Horde and Alliance race for Priests overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

POLL: Best Priest race for Horde and Alliance?

Vote for best Horde and Alliance race (you can click 2 boxes).

Base it mostly around PvE/PvP racials. But you can go with looks too if you're that superficial.

Also, you get extra points for explaining why.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Re: POLL: Best Priest race for Horde and Alliance?

Undead and human. They have built in trinkets <-- win for PVP.

Humans also have +spirit, good for most priest builds. And for PVE, they have +rep.
    Undead have some shadow resist, and cannibalize. Minimizes soloing downtime.

Belfs have arcane torrent & something no one else cares about.
    Trolls have berzerk & reduced movement imparing effects.
    Dwarfs are plain lolz and their racials are pretty bad.
    Draenei look like they have penis face.
    Nelfs get a sweet "lawl out of combat" racial, but the rest don't help them.

[color=teal]First off, this thread has been done so many times. It's getting old.

My two cents:
    Alliance:
    Human. If you must play alliance, +3% spirit isn't game breaking, but it helps. The rep gain isn't bad either, considering how much of a grind you have to do with EVERY faction.

In general:
    PvE healing: Sin'dorei (Blood Elf). Arcane Torrent is overpowered, as is the 2% ALL spell dodge.
    PvE Shadow: Darkspear (Troll). Berserking is overpowered.
    PvP: Forsaken (Undead), Will of the Forsaken is still pretty high up there. Kaldorei (Night Elves) with Shadowmeld, and Dwarves with Stoneform do have a couple things going for them, and Humans get a second trinket slot.[/quote]
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

How is Arcane Torrent overpowered for healing?
    How is 10% haste for 10s every 3m overpowered for Shadow?
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

15+ Year Old Account

Thread needs gnome priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindershock
    How is Arcane Torrent overpowered for healing?
    How is 10% haste for 10s every 3m overpowered for Shadow?
    Arcane Torrent works out to Mana/24 MP/5. If you have 20k mana that's 50 MP/5 just for a racial choice. It's the best racial for Disc until Human can reach 5,074 spirit. If you're Holy you only need 3,334 spirit... of course, if you have more than 20k mana these numbers go up though, so that becomes a problem.

Why Troll would even remotely be considered overpowered for anything is beyond me though. It's the best Horde race for Shadow, but it's certainly not a dramatic difference at all. Too bad Orc can't be Priest, huh?

Anyway, I voted Human. That's heavily biased towards PVP. Undead and Dwarf would be tied for second. For pure PVE healing though Blood Elf doesn't have any competition. As much as agreeing with someone who uses fancy lore names over official race names bugs me, that's just the way it is.

For PVP, Blood Elf and Undead are both strong choices, a second silence that restores mana can be very useful in a lot of situations, especially if you play more offensively. WoTF and Cannibalize not breaking Shadowform are always good choices, too.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

UD for the racial

Dwarf for the racial

I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

From a Horde perspective (because I don't touch alliance with a 10 foot pole), you've really only got 2 good choices for PvE as a Priest. Unbelievably, Undead is nowhere on this list. WotF is a great PvP ability, yes, but serves very little purpose in raids (it does pop up from time to time though). Also, Cannibalize is probably the most over-rated racial out there. It pretty much only serves a decent purpose for maybe the first 20 levels while leveling, after that, especially if you level Shadow, there's really not TOO much use for it.

For DPS, the top choice would be Troll. Berserking. It serves as a "cool down" of sorts when all a Shadow Priest has otherwise is the Shadow Fiend (which DOES do respectable enough damage now to warrant being used as a "cool down" when mana is a non-issue for some fights). The only other cool down a Shadow Priest could possibly have is sacrificing a point in the deep Shadow spec to grab Inner Focus, which, for a... what, is it a three minute cooldown?... it's not that great. ONE spell every THREE minutes free of cost with only a 25% increased crit chance? It's pretty weak as a DPS "Cool Down"

Trolls' Berserking can give you a sort of... miniature bloodlust (especially if you trigger it after taking a bit of damage if possible.

The second best for PvE DPS would be Blood Elf. And it's not that great either. But 6% mana return every 2 minutes is better for continued DPS over a built-in PvP trinket and a self-heal that is extremely situational and most of the time useless.

For Healing? I'd probably flip it the other way around, 6% mana back ever 2 minutes is a lot more useful for a non-shadow priest than it is for a shadow priest and the Troll Haste ability is pretty much only useful when you know a raid is about to take a lot of quick damage, and even then 10% increased casting speed isn't going to be a life saver in many situations.

For Alliance, I'd probably guess Draenei would make the best DPS shadow priests for their innate 1% increased hit chance, but considering most groups would have a Draenei in them anyway and it's a raid-wide buffing aura, it makes it a bit of a moot point. Humans would come in second for their spirit buff, which would increase Shadow spell power and mana regen by a marginal amount.

For Alliance healing priests, hands down I would say Humans for the Spirit buff, ESPECIALLY for Holy priests.

The ONLY time you should consider making an Undead or Dwarf priest is if you know you are going to be big PvP-er. Of course there's also the aesthetics, but if you are revolving choosing your race around what you'll be doing the most, than Undead and Dwarf are pretty bad choices for PvE, but exceptional choices for PvP.

It is good to note that NONE of these racials will be ground-breaking. I play a Blood Elf Shadow Priest and do just fine without that Berzerking. The only big difference is quite possible Will of the Forsaken for Undead PvP priests. There are almost no racials that really make a certain race better for a certain class than others.

If I were to SERIOUSLY level a Warlock on Horde-side and I SERIOUSLY took the racials into account, then Orc would actually be pretty damn sweet, especially for Demonology and Destruction, especially now that Destro tries to make the Imp as much of a Powerhouse as it can be. Plus it has the build in PvE trinket that, depending on your class/spec, will either increase your Attack Power or Spell Power by a large amount for a few seconds, a great bonus cooldown.

But for priests? No racial will be game-changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Pure PvP ansver since PvE is lame.

Stoneform got nerfed to the ground so Human/undead is the way to go.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtiger
    Pure PvP ansver since PvE is lame.

Stoneform got nerfed to the ground so Human/undead is the way to go.
    It may not make you immune anymore, but its still nice with the reduced cool down. Especially since disc priests can't remove poisons.

I've usually seen it used once a DK has started their rotation and has all diseases applied to remove them all + abolish disease for future applications.

Or, once a warrior/druid has their bleeds started. Especially druids because your effectively wasting their combo points if they use the bleed finisher (Rip?) on you.

Edit: Oops, Abolish Disease not Poison ...
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sindershock
    Vote for best Horde and Alliance race (you can click 2 boxes).

Base it mostly around PvE/PvP racials. But you can go with looks too if you're that superficial.

Also, you get extra points for explaining why.
    I voted human and belf.

btw, where is your avatar from? I don't know why I think it's so funny but I do hahah.

No question.. Best all round priest is Human
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    For Alliance, I'd probably guess Draenei would make the best DPS shadow priests for their innate 1% increased hit chance, but considering most groups would have a Draenei in them anyway and it's a raid-wide buffing aura, it makes it a bit of a moot point. Humans would come in second for their spirit buff, which would increase Shadow spell power and mana regen by a marginal amount.
    Just wanted to point out that the Draenei hit buff is still party only, so a 25 man raid would need at least 4 Draenei (since you could make a group of all healers) if you want to get 1% hit to the whole raid. The bigger problem is, it really isn't as helpful as it looks because, unless you can guarantee to always have a Draenei, you really can't gear around it. You either gear to need 1% less, and then get boned on nights they can't show up, or you get for the hit cap anyway, and the racial is effectively wasted. However, if you are Draenei yourself, you can effectively save that bit of itemization regardless of whether you're the only Draeni or you have tons of them.

IMO:

PVE Healer: Human (3% Spirit) & Blood Elf (Arcane Torrent)
    PVE Shadow: Draenei (1% Hit outweighs 3% Spirit) & Troll (Berserking)
    PVP: Dwarf (Stoneform) or Human (Every Man for Himself and Perception) & Undead (Will of the Forsaken)
    Useless: Night Elf

Anyway, since I'm a healer, I voted Human and Blood Elf; however, I would agree with the sentiment that Humans are the best all around because between 3% Spirit, Every Man for Himself, and Perception, they're the only race that has a racial that gives them at least some edge in every situation (althought 3% Spirit for Shadow is totally margin, it's still more than Dwarves, Night Elves, or Undead get), not to mention that 10% more Rep doesn't hurt either.

Voted Undead and Night Elf for PvP reasons.

Undead because there simply isn't any other horde racial that can be compared to it in a PvP perspective.

Night Elf because while Shadowmeld might not seem like much, it is. It's a target drop, it's a stealth, and it's fucking awesome when you play with a rogue or druid (or both) in arena.

Question: POLL: What is the best Horde and Alliance race for Priests overall?
    AND PPL VOTE UNDEAD ???

shows that ppl dont read or is completly clueless
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde: Undead

Alliance: Dran
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

Horde: BELF (torrent is good for PvE and even moreso for PvP)
    Ally: NELF (smeld is just too good)
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Dwarf is the best. You can fear ward every thirty seconds is almost OP.
    Don't tell blizz though, they'll nerf it.

Oh! and Find Treasure is great with all the chests hidden around the world!

why make a post about something like this? :s

You need like 5 IQ to check what the races can do and then you need another 10 IQ to understand what race is best for PvP or PvE or wtf you wanna do...

if you where lv 10 and your first char I wouldnt say anything but u got 300+ posted made etc so I guess you got a lv 80 else you spend to much time on forums for shit like this ;p
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc