Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What to do when your a fresh 80 ret Paladin.

So i decided to figure out what gear I will need to get for when i start up again. I hope that this gear will get me into a group for Naxx.
    I figured I could save some people some time by posting this.

*note* All instances need to be ran on Heroic mode.

Ret PVE for Naxx

Helm: [Chitin Shell Greathelm] from Anub'arak at Azul nerub
    Neck: [Gold Amulet of Kings] From King Ymiron at Utgrade Pinical
    Sholders: [Spaulders of the Giant Lords] The Sons of Hodir - Revered
    Neck: [Shroud of Reverberation] from Volkhan at Halls of Lightning
    Chest: [Breastplate of Undeath] from Novos the Summoner at Drakthorn Keep
    Hands: [Gauntlets of Dragon Wrath] from Ley-Guardian Eregos at The Oculus
    Belt: [Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle] from Keristrasza Nexus
    Legs: [Staggering Legplates] from Ingvar the Plunderer at Utgrade Pinical
    Feet: [The Obliterator Greaves] from Zuramat at Violet Hold
    Ring: [Hemorrhaging Circle] from Gal'darah at Gundrak
    Ring: [Titanium Impact Band] From Jewelcrafting: 2 Titanium Bars, 4 Dragons Eye, 4 Eternal Fires and Shadows, Frozen orbs
    Trinket: [Incisor Fragment] from King Dred at Drakthorn Keep
    Weapon: [Titansteel Destroyer] From Blacksmithing, 8 Saronite Bars, 8 Titansteel bars, 2 frozen orbs

So that means get :
    1 Items from Azul Nerub
    2 Item from Utgrade Pinical
    1 Item from Halls of Lightining
    2 Items from Drakthorn Keep
    1 Item from The Oculus
    1 Item from The Nexus
    1 Item from Violent Hold
    1 Item from Gundrak

Also get Exalted with The Sons of Hodir

And get: 2 Titanium Bars, 4 Dragon eyes, 4 eternal fires, 4 eternal Shadows, 3 Frozen orbs,
    8 Saronite bars and 8 Titansteel Bars

After all this is met, Ret paladins should be able to get a group for Naxx

Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZEMz...uhdIfsu:a0omc0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis
    No, as per the rules of World of Warcraft, virgins only.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What to do when your a fresh 80 ret Paladin.

Suggesting someone gets Exalted with the Sons of Hodir (barring just buying out all the rep you need) before entering Naxxramas is kind of ridiculous, considering you could be fully Naxxramas geared by the time you finish Sons rep from dailies.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Good list for new Pal's, I have to admit i like the fact that you took a lot of time to look up your starting gear rather then just relie on other to carry your thou Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

i like it.
    i makes i sound like not everyone wants to get boosted by everyone else
    i love it when people at least try to gear themselves before they come to raids
    hope it get stickied i wanna respec ret soon

Your gear doesn't matter for a naxx25 as long as you know how to dps on a ret pally. My ret pally hit 80 like 2 months ago. I had almost all blue items except for a couple epics I grabbed from the AH. I got into a pug naxx so easy.

I remember some douchebag was in /raid saying "hey look this guy is in all blues!". I called him out and said yeah I'm a freaking alt my main is BiS so I'm freaking bored. He tried to get me to not roll on BoH if it dropped but again told him to forget it. I was like 7th or 8th on the dps meters for the whole raid and got maybe four or five drops.

TLDR: Be confident that you can do your job in the raid and you'll be more than fine in there.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko
    Suggesting someone gets Exalted with the Sons of Hodir (barring just buying out all the rep you need) before entering Naxxramas is kind of ridiculous, considering you could be fully Naxxramas geared by the time you finish Sons rep from dailies.
    I'm not sure, I think my friend did it, and even he said Sons of Hodir rep is extremely easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeowcat
    i like it.
    i makes i sound like not everyone wants to get boosted by everyone else
    i love it when people at least try to gear themselves before they come to raids
    hope it get stickied i wanna respec ret soon
    You think I posted a sticky-worthy comment? That makes me happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis
    No, as per the rules of World of Warcraft, virgins only.

Quote Originally Posted by somekidnameddon
    So i decided to figure out what gear I will need to get for when i start up again. I hope that this gear will get me into a group for Naxx.
    I figured I could save some people some time by posting this.

*note* All instances need to be ran on Heroic mode.

Ret PVE for Naxx

Helm: [Chitin Shell Greathelm] from Anub'arak at Azul nerub
    Neck: [Gold Amulet of Kings] From King Ymiron at Utgrade Pinical
    Sholders: [Spaulders of the Giant Lords] The Sons of Hodir - Revered
    Neck: [Shroud of Reverberation] from Volkhan at Halls of Lightning
    Chest: [Breastplate of Undeath] from Novos the Summoner at Drakthorn Keep
    Hands: [Gauntlets of Dragon Wrath] from Ley-Guardian Eregos at The Oculus
    Belt: [Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle] from Keristrasza Nexus
    Legs: [Staggering Legplates] from Ingvar the Plunderer at Utgrade Pinical
    Feet: [The Obliterator Greaves] from Zuramat at Violet Hold
    Ring: [Hemorrhaging Circle] from Gal'darah at Gundrak
    Ring: [Titanium Impact Band] From Jewelcrafting: 2 Titanium Bars, 4 Dragons Eye, 4 Eternal Fires and Shadows, Frozen orbs
    Trinket: [Incisor Fragment] from King Dred at Drakthorn Keep
    Weapon: [Titansteel Destroyer] From Blacksmithing, 8 Saronite Bars, 8 Titansteel bars, 2 frozen orbs

So that means get :
    1 Items from Azul Nerub
    2 Item from Utgrade Pinical
    1 Item from Halls of Lightining
    2 Items from Drakthorn Keep
    1 Item from The Oculus
    1 Item from The Nexus
    1 Item from Violent Hold
    1 Item from Gundrak

Also get Exalted with The Sons of Hodir

And get: 2 Titanium Bars, 4 Dragon eyes, 4 eternal fires, 4 eternal Shadows, 3 Frozen orbs,
    8 Saronite bars and 8 Titansteel Bars

After all this is met, Ret paladins should be able to get a group for Naxx

Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZEMz...uhdIfsu:a0omc0
    Another option is the sword from the Argent Tournament.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

You forgot to mention the last step:
    Go to the WoW forums and bitch about nerfs

The craftable BS helm is better than your tier 7.5 helm and anything else out of naxx. only upgrades are the t7.5 helm when going for your 4 piece bonus or the helm from sarth +2D.

Quote Originally Posted by banky
    The craftable BS helm is better than your tier 7.5 helm and anything else out of naxx. only upgrades are the t7.5 helm when going for your 4 piece bonus or the helm from sarth +2D.
    TBH the 4 piece isn't really that worth it anymore if you have a piece of gear that's that much better than the 4th piece.

Chest/legs/shoulders are solid pieces from t7.5, gloves/helm are easily replaced.

Zoialord

Very good list. I would say another good trink is the anvil of titans and it's pretty easy to get. The Resi is nigh on useless in PvE but the Proc is really nice (Until you can get badges for say the Mirror) Also the Darkmoon Card: Death is reasonable and on my server quite cheap.

The sword from AC Tournie is also a very good starter, it's not quite as good stat wise as Destroyer but it's still nice.

The boot's would be the only thing i would quibble in the list. For someone who enjoy's the dailies either for the cash or just to slow the boredom a bit. Ebon Blade Rep can be got from both the dungeons and quite a few daily's in icecrown and you can get the Death Inured Sabatons.

I could joke about forgetting Naxx altogether, doing some arenas and getting all the gear you need, cause you're a ret :P. However, I'll try to be constructive here

The weapons (using the plural here because the Horde get a different version) from the Argent Tournament are a good alternative to the expensive Titansteel destroyer (and you're making money out of dailies instead of spending them on mats :P), or, if you're ever running heroic Halls of Lightning for whatever reason (badges, achievements, whatever), so is the Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver.
    Also, you could pick up a blue ring rather than the expensive JC crafted one which you might replace soon. Or, if you have enough gold set aside, the epic rings from Dalaran (Band of the Kirin'Tor, or something) are quite good, because it seems there's a trend to upgrade them every new patch.
    If you're planning on grinding mats for something, I'd recommend the Darkmoon Card: Greatness (+90 strength) or Death. The former, in particular, is very expensive, but it's damn good, and if you're unlucky with your drops, it might just last you all the way through Yogg Saron and Algalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    bladestorm would probably be counterable with feint if i could recognise when he does it, all these warrior abilities look the same...

imo throw in the titan steel helm and titan steel boots those are really cheap to get and with dailies and lvl the gold should easy enuff to get

15+ Year Old Account

just get carried through naxx. easy as hell

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by somekidnameddon
    Azul nerub
    Utgrade Pinical
    Drakthorn Keep
    Halls of Lightining
    Azjol Nerub
    Utgarde Pinnacle
    Drak'Tharon Keep
    Halls of Lightning

Imo change the boots from VH (which will take forever to drop, stupid RNG) with the boots from Ebon Blade which are AMAZING they'll last near enough through the whole of Naxx10/25.

Change the helmet for the BS one, because it is BiS for someone who doesn't do Ulduar or S2D/S3D.

As for weapon if you started the tournament early (when you hit 77 and can start doing it) get the ArgT sword rather than spend gold on the TDestroyer (unless you can get it for under 500g).

Good guide nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Get the crafted helmet.
    Get that blue cloak of the bloody waters or whatever it is called from the auction house.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

get full blue gear from heroics and 2-4 purples from heroics and then just hit up a nax or pug nax. if you can pull 2k-2.5k dps, you should do fine in a 10 nax.

then do a 25 nax after that. at this piont you can do whatever you want

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I know a brilliant way to gear up.

Do naxx in questitems. Learn your rotation and have the right specc, don't be stupid. Bamm you have the requirements for naxx raiding.
    The Korgar
    Dentarg

-Fair enough. Give each of them a tank.
    -Even the mentally handicapped?
    -Especially the mentally handicapped.

-Herr General Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Sinders are you fucking retarded? How can you cry about rogues mobilty? you a pala is by far 1 of the best classes to nulify their mobility. JoJ, Dispells, Stuns, Freedom... come on man l2p.

If anything rogue needs a 50% passive survivabilty increase buff, vanish 2 sec immunity, cos 100% and shs as 11 talenter for sub.
    HELL YEAH THEY DO!!1

Quote Originally Posted by Moisander
    I know a brilliant way to gear up.

Do naxx in questitems. Learn your rotation and have the right specc, don't be stupid. Bamm you have the requirements for naxx raiding.
    Yeah, you're kinda making it too hard on yourself. Having self-respect is one thing, but to even step one foot into a 25-man WotLK dungeon probably means you didn't have a whole lot of self-respect to begin with.