Thread: Dodge / Parry

DespiseExecutus

Dodge / Parry

Dodge rating gives 2:1 compared to Parry.

DR hurts Parry chance more than dodge (from what I understand)

Is it wrong to try and even out a DKs Dodge / Parry chance?

I don't have WoW installed on a PC anywhere near me, but I believe I have 25% dodge, and about 18-19% parry. Should I continue stacking that dodge, or switch over and grab some parry to even it out. I don't want my dodge getting hit too hard with DR (which I don't completely understand, if someone can explain it better than EJ forums can, please do)

Re: Dodge / Parry

You'll always have more dodge than parry. The exception MIGHT be if you use the parry runeforge, but it's VERY hard to gem properly (stam, or dodge/stam) if you're going to be uncrittable without stoneskin gargoyle.

I could be wrong on this, but I believe with the current gear in the game, dodge is always better than parry. If there was gear that would get you up to 60% dodge or so (extreme, but it gets the point across), then you'll hit some big DR on dodge and parry might come out ahead. But, with current gear it does not.

Don't compare % but compare the rating.

Easy explanation of DR: The more rating, the less percent benefit from rating.
    e.g. 100 rating = 10% but 110 rating = 10.9% and 200 rating = 17%

Dunno the real numbers from my head and it doesn't even matter.
    Somewhere on EJ someone did the math on what level Parry Rating would be better avoidance than Dodge Rating and it was absurdely high (near to not being achievable by current gear).

So stack more dodge or stamina, but don't start to stack parry, if it's for free, it's fine, but if not, don't bother.
    I'm at 468 dodge rating and 457 parry rating (roughly 26.9%/17.3%), when raidbuffed, the parry rating increases (horn/totem + kings = more strength = more rating) so my actual parry rating is higher than the dodge rating.

If you check your ratings you'll see that you got a lot more parry rating than dodge rating

DespiseExecutus

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks

Somewhere on EJ someone did the math on what level Parry Rating would be better avoidance than Dodge Rating and it was absurdely high (near to not being achievable by current gear).

So stack more dodge or stamina, but don't start to stack parry, if it's for free, it's fine, but if not, don't bother.
    I'm at 468 dodge rating and 457 parry rating (roughly 26.9%/17.3%), when raidbuffed, the parry rating increases (horn/totem + kings = more strength = more rating) so my actual parry rating is higher than the dodge rating.

If you check your ratings you'll see that you got a lot more parry rating than dodge rating
    Thank you so much. I see what you mean. The little bit of dodge rating is giving me much more dodge per point than parry rating is, aswell as it being the much better stat to stack because the DR applies 1/2 as much to it as parry. Perfect. And thank you, too, Elekrtik. You always give me clean answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks

Using your numbers, it's not possible for your Parry to be higher then your dodge given the stats you listed...i'm about a 1.5% higher dodge and 1% higher parry and even with the buffs you suggest my parry doesn't come anywhere close to matching my dodge. The rest of what your saying makes sense but the ratings don't match up to even %'s.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

Quote Originally Posted by Steakums
    Using your numbers, it's not possible for your Parry to be higher then your dodge given the stats you listed...i'm about a 1.5% higher dodge and 1% higher parry and even with the buffs you suggest my parry doesn't come anywhere close to matching my dodge. The rest of what your saying makes sense but the ratings don't match up to even %'s.
    Hes talking about RATING, not %..
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

DespiseExecutus

Quote Originally Posted by Steakums
    You, sir, have completely missed the point of this thread, and Sweetcheeks' post.