Thread: Mace spec

Mace spec

Recently picked up myself a Vulmir, the Northern Tempest and specced mace. Wondering what you other rogues are stacking gem wise? Rawr tells me that ArP is the biggest dps increase and I personally agree. With grim toll proc I'm looking at over 80% ArP with maces and is that really worth it?

What do you other rogues think who go this spec, as I am well aware it is a rarity nowadays.

Re: Mace spec

afaik arpen is quite good for combat since you have a relatively low percentage of poison and bleeding damage. I'm not playing a rogue though, so I'm not definitely positive on whether it really is better than going CQC with fist/dagger.
    This user has been banned.

Im not too sure but with the way mace spec is now i think socketing ArP would be best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    afaik arpen is quite good for combat since you have a relatively low percentage of poison and bleeding damage. I'm not playing a rogue though, so I'm not definitely positive on whether it really is better than going CQC with fist/dagger.
    Weapon specs are pretty close to each other as of now, with CQC being slightly superior to the other two.

However, spec for the best weapons you've got right now, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

ArP is a really good stat for any combat spec up to the 100% cap. Remember to not overshoot and consider trinket procs when socketing.

According to my research, perhaps wrong, I have roughly 90% ArP with a trinket proc and fully raid debuffed with sunders + FF. This seem like enough or is it not even worth running it?

Raid debuffs have nothing to do with passive ArP through gear.

You will see a damage increase from ArP up to 1231 passive ArP rating (100%), Sunders or Fairy Fire do not change that.

Quote Originally Posted by totty
    There is no actual ArPen limit eather. you can go over 100% armor reduction, making them have - in armor.
    This is not true anymore.

While you surely can stack ArP beyond 100%, you won't gain any advantage after this point since 3.1.2. If anything, it's a disadvantage, as you can only get that high up while neglecting other important stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrek
    Raid debuffs have nothing to do with passive ArP through gear.

You will see a damage increase from ArP up to 1231 passive ArP rating (100%), Sunders or Fairy Fire do not change that.
    but mace spec does change that. its ~1050arp rating iirc with mace spec.

Yes, that's correct. Forgot about that, sorry.

ArP right now is overrated. It's being modeled wrong almost universally, so, I can almost guarantee that Rawr is using inflated values.

I'd like to redirect anyone who is interested or oblivious here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...BmcgDg3LjIa#77

Basically, your character sheet states that you'll reduce your target's armor by UP TO xx.xx%, but almost never the full value. You usually get somewhere between 70-85% of your armor penetration.

I am running Mace Specialization too with Vul'Mir/Stonerender, but I never specced for ArP, just stuck with agility gems. Simply because I am getting the best of both worlds with the ArP spec and high crit. Raid buffed, my crit is somewhere in the 41-43% region, which is really nice with the ArP.

Keep in mind that whatever you gem for, may it be ArP, or AP, crit or just agility, they all increase DPS, just in different forms. Crit/agility gems I would consider superior because of the SS glyph. The more likely your SS will crit, the more like you'll generate a combo point from the glyph

Mace spec is freaking awesome!
    I use it my self, in 10 man I'm around 2.8k but in 25 man I hit to 5.5k and am top melee and in top 3 DPS.
    You get so much buffed in 25 man that the ArP is the best bonus you could get atm! ;D
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.