[Guide] Gearing up for PvP

Now, this is not a chronological list, it just lists some options you can use to gear up, and how they rank compared to eachother. I'm assuming you have no arena rating or points.

Crafted Gear
    The most basic gear here is the Eviscerator's Battlegear set. This is an eight-piece set with no sockets and a total of 350 resilience. However it's got a fair amount of stamina and it's not that expensive to get either. So buy the mats, find a leatherworker, give mats and tip, collect gear.

You can also supplement this set with some crafted jewelcrafting stuff (Emerald Choker, Scarlet Signet and Savage Titanium Ring or Titanium Impact Choker and Titanium Impact Band if you have more money to spend) and a crafted cape, the Frostguard Drape.

Regarding weapons, you can get a Titansteel Shanker crafted by a friendly blacksmith.

Emblems

You can trade Emblems of Heroism, Valor etc. for PvP gear. Emblems of Heroism give Savage Gladiator gear, which is a step up from the crafted set. I would recommend buying a Rolfsen's Ripper first, though.
    Emblems of Valor get you Hateful Gladiator's Gear, which you can also buy for Honor. They are all the same iLvL as most of the Titan-forged gear from the Wintergrasp vendors.

Honor

Other than the Hateful set, you can also buy the Deadly non-set pieces for honor (that is, bracers, belt, boots, necklace and ring). The bracers and boots are better than the ones you can get through Wintergrasp, the belt is roughly the same.

You can also buy the Battlemaster's trinkets here (I chose Battlemaster's Conviction myself, but in retrospect I might've gone for the +crit one), and the Medallion of the Alliance/Horde, which you will definitly want unless you're Human (though the one from WG is an excellent option too).

Wintergrasp
    Lots of PvP loot to be had here. The titan-forged helm and boots are on par with Hateful Gladiator gear, the belt and chest are on par with Deadly Gladiator gear. All of them are bought with Wintergrasp marks.

There is also an alternative to the medallion available, keeping the traditional trinket effect and replacing the resilience of the Medallion with another useful stat (crit/AP/haste/hit), a PvP version of the Mirror of Truth, and another trinket with passive resilience and an on-use AP or haste increase.

You can also buy some gems and enchants with Stone Keeper Shards. And a mammoth.

And last but not least, you can raid the Vault of Archavon for a chance at both PvE and PvP loot.

How to gear up

My guildie suggested this:

[STEP ONE]
    (a) If you don't raid or you don't have any excess Emblems, get the crafted gear and go farm battlegrounds.
    (b) If you do have Emblems to spend, do so. Just don't buy the chest.

[STEP TWO]
    Grind honor and buy Hateful Glad pieces with them (but not the chest) until you have the 4 set bonus. Get the Belt and Boots from Wintergrasp Marks.

[STEP THREE]
    Get the chest from Wintergrasp.

[STEP FOUR]
    Get the bracers, two rings (Hateful and Deadly), necklace, cloak, and the Medallion for honor. Buy the cheapest things first.

Note: this is a repost from my blog - I just figured I might share it here as well.

Re: [Guide] Gearing up for PvP

This many views and not a single comment :-[ ?

Constructive criticism etc are more than welcome here !

Well, its good to have guides but i just assumed everyone would know basics like this. And i would pick that +hit rating pvp trinket cos in my pvp gear, i dont have lots of extra hit rating, and you do need hit in pvp also, just not as much, but when every miss counts more than in pve, i wouldnt underestimate that stat.

IMO the best way to get weapons is doing HOS and get
    The Fleshshaper.
    Meanwhile doing dailies to get the Spinal Destroyer. 2 very easy and good daggers to start mutilate pvp.
    as for the gear, run arenas with someone just for points, and farm bgs/wg and get cheap epic pvp gear.
    Also doing VOA would be good, try finding new 80s that only run for the old boss. (that if your pve gear is bad)
    If you have another level 80, do the WG weeklies for stone shards that can be traded, 30 for 2000 honor.

Nice guide. Some people just give it up when they hit 80 because they aint got the gear to get somewhere in arenas, and aint getting gear from arenas since they aint got a team. Catch 22 :

A more detailed how to gear up suggestions would be better. What to prioritize; gloves and set bonus for instance, which items that would be better of the wg items and hateful/deadly, and so on. Also, if the reader were to go arena, he might want to gear differently according to setup.

With the new changes to the Emblem of Conquests, it will be much easier to gear your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Remember, young Warrior: You are a seal.

ArP ArP ArP!

Kroniq

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzcraft
    With the new changes to the Emblem of Conquests, it will be much easier to gear your character.
    This. with all your old emblems (probably) changing to be equal to naxx 25 getting decent gear will become much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzcraft
    I must be living under a rock, what changes are you talking about?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenclod
    I must be living under a rock, what changes are you talking about?
    check the front page, run back a bit on the news.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."