Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Can you tell in advance if a pug will fail ?

I've not had any major problems with running PUG raids. There's always something forming up, whether it's Ulduar 25 or VoA. Typically, raid leaders on my server demand stats from prospective group members as well as achievements. No achievement? No invite. It tends to weed out most of the terribles, but there are still a few here and there that get caught up in your PUG raids because their guild has carried them through all of the content already and they have the achieves to show for it.

I'll always give it a few pulls, but if it's clear that the organization is bad or the tanks/healers/dps sucks then I will bail out. Hell, every raid has its share of issues, even guild-led ones. It's worth giving it a shot if you might be able to get some loot or experience out of it.

you can tell if the pug is fail by the way they type. if they use a lot of "Yo" and t41k lyke dis. 99% of the time, its a fail group

When I am in a terrible pug raid, I usually just take it over. I'd rather lead it and not fail than just disban.

But the thing that erks me the most is when I join and the raid leader doesn't sort groups.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

Part of the fun of Pugging it is the gamble of them being good or not. You really can't look at gear anymore because so many people have alts....I always can tell from the first pull how bad it is going to really get..LOL!

Pugging it really makes you appreciate a good guild

Pug-Life Yo!!!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    Only 20k? I wouldn't pug with any tank that has less than 30k hp. Even healers and dps can get up to 20k hp.
    And you are the problem with people getting geared when they are just hitting 80. I dinged 80, got the gear and had just over 20k Hp, Managed to get 4 heroic done in a day with the minimum amount of fuss or wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    Only 20k? I wouldn't pug with any tank that has less than 30k hp. Even healers and dps can get up to 20k hp.
    i respecced to tank on my dk had 22k health in frost pres 540def and 15%dodge and 10%parry and tanked 4-5 heroics right away
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    "Blood Elf Rogue was not a appropriate occupation, please refill the selected box before continuing."

Bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky
    Kanye West? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Parvin
    i respecced to tank on my dk had 22k health in frost pres 540def and 15%dodge and 10%parry and tanked 4-5 heroics right away
    Haha I like your sig ;D

Normally when the person leading the raid says in trade, "LF dps for 25 VOA must be 4k plus". What that tells me is that they themself cannot come close to doing that much so they need 15 more to carry them. And normally the person saying that does 2k. Im going to add something to this as well....IF YOU STILL THINK 2K DPS IS GOOD YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO BACK TO NAXX 10.
    You might want to go back to Karazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachy
    You might want to go back to Karazhan.
    Thank you for that 2 weeks later troll post, that means absolutely nothing.

Thank you for that 2 weeks later troll post, that means absolutely nothing.
    Whut? You said 2k is for naxx 10? People did 2k back at Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachy
    Whut? You said 2k is for naxx 10? People did 2k back at Kara.
    People only did 2k in Kara if they were a destro lock in tier 6 or a rogue in tier 6. Why does it matter anyways lol.

no, people did not do 2k back in kara, people dit 2k in SWP.

secondly, I have a foulproof method of making sure a pug succeeds

I don't join any pug that isn't led by either me or one of my guild's officers

that way, if I don't like someone's playstyle or attitude I can kick them straight out.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra
    no, people did not do 2k back in kara, people dit 2k in SWP.

secondly, I have a foulproof method of making sure a pug succeeds

I don't join any pug that isn't led by either me or one of my guild's officers

that way, if I don't like someone's playstyle or attitude I can kick them straight out.
    Thank you LOL. 2k-2.5k was usually only attainable by a combat rogue with glaives, mages/warlocks with illidan staff and tier 6. And that was considered ALOT of dps