How to play lock as 0/20/51

Hi,

!!! PVP !!!

I'm play as Affiction in Arena but need to try Destruction. Anybody have some advice?
    Today my keys are Fear the DPS and take down the healer, its usually happend, my i dont have much burst in this espec, i'm play doing the curse agony corr and haunt and UA, in that time DL or fear, the important key that im lost it INSTANT fear AOE that is good, but im lost my haunt, Drain Life (DL) and all Healing received, my in Destruction i have some nice burst, i never play as destruction im my life and need some advices from that kind of warlocks. Thanks all!

Sorry about english it is not my first language.

Re: How to play lock as 0/20/51

dont dps, just do as an emogirl/boy. RUN EMOKID RUN!!!
    usualy YOU are the target, /tar the heal, fear/run of the dps and use your survival kits (healthstone/instant sumon void) im not a great pvper, but untill my fellow is not stuffed pvp, we are at 1000 rating

im a french canadian, so what?
    If you think i'm a small gnome, bend over so i can slap you.

love the privious post...wow...i dont like destro locks, 100% for conflagrate to stun for 5 or 6 seconds, and chaos bolt, REALLY!?!?! the only protection i have as a hunter is deterance, and i keep getting slammed by 6k crits from chaosbolt. then stunned and im dead, cant do anything...sigh....
    Roonweld (Moonrunner) 80 survival hunter
    Dokkan (Moonrunner) 80 Blood Deathknight
    Fazlim (Moonrunner) 80 Holy Priest
    Roonshammy (Moonrunner) 65 Enhance Shaman
    Qim (Moonrunner) 61 Retribution Pally
    Rooncraft (Moonrunner) 60 Fire mage

0/20/51 is for using the succy w' near instant seduce. Useless once she is out of stealth or vs fear immune targets (cloaked rogues, AMS DK, warriors frequently) Handy versus ret's but they are not usually the problem in and of themselves. (but w' a rogue they are lethal) Catch a rogue w/o their cloak and she is handy. Seduce, teleport, nuke is a nice combo but takes some practice.

0/17/54 is a bit more versatile but goes w' the felpup vs caster comps and VW for melee pain trains. Lean to love the new VW shield....

Bad news is as the warlock you have an AOE taunt that spams 2x per second to all melee in 100 yards. That or the burst teams pop a fear immune cooldown and global gib your healer. There isn't much you can do with either. The ams/lichborne, strang healer, burst in a global or two gets old fast....

Destro is most effective when your partner can peel for you to freecast. If left unattended a destro lock is devastating. If a melee sits on them they dps like a oom healer. The lock cannot carry the comp the partner must. Rogues and Mages are good for double dps w' DK's to a lesser extent. Pallies are good for stun removal and bop, shaman hero w' destro's nuking can be wicked, tree druids can have pretty bottomless mana pools which helps when the lock takes 2 to 3x the dmg of the other dps. Priests are OP now but I've not seen any particular synergy beyond the priest's OP'ness. Figure out which suits your style.

@Roonweld....conflag has a daze/50% movement snare. Which is dispelable, which is dependent on immo not being dispelled, which is the same as glyph of heart strike and less than rogue poison. Not to say hunters don't have problems in pvp which they do.....but locks are hardly the problem.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078

Bad news is as the warlock you have an AOE taunt that spams 2x per second to all melee in 100 yards.

Hahaha love it .... but also /cry, we are in essence ....... MELEE MAGNET

anyway, you will struggle playing destruction, it is not easy, you will need to use your felpup/succy/vw depending on the comp you're versing and the comp you're playing. try and forget the dotdotdot->cc->dotdotdot mentality of affliction. you need to setup cc and burst dmg chain cycles against your opponents. hope for nice crits and get a competent partner who can cc

Quote Originally Posted by Roonweld
    love the privious post...wow...i dont like destro locks, 100% for conflagrate to stun for 5 or 6 seconds,
    It just dazes you.. Should be no problem for a hunter.

Doing some destro 2on2's atm myself with a mage partner. Quite a fun set-up.

Our gear is pretty shabby and we just started this week, had a lot of melee zerging me down at the start but some more luck later, won 31, lost 30, ended up at 1100 or so.

Next week some more resi and some more rating, hopefully

Try get away your immo > chaos bolt > conflag combo.
    Be good at fake casting, one interrupt make you almost useless for like 8 sec.
    Cast fear when you get the chance.
    Tell your healer when you teleport.
    Shadowfury followed by death coil is very handy if your target is about to die (gives you enought time for a immo,chao, conflag combo which deals up to 14k damage)
    Seduce > soulfire is awesome if you have the time

Easy.

Pop immo on him and 2 shot him. GG

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberus
    Easy.

Pop immo on him and 2 shot him. GG
    And then you wake up or meet a pvp geared target.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    And then you wake up or meet a pvp geared target.
    It took me two full rotations to kill a discipline priest, and I was in PVE gear

R.I.P. YARG

Some one lost time apply CURSE in this rotin PVP? i never remember to put curse, i focus in burst to kill and 1 curse i lost 1 GCD.
    When i have time im put Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordace
    I'm sorry, which of those two buttons kills your opponent again? Maybe I'll have a higher rating now. Is it deathcoil with it's 3 min cd? or is it fear that breaks after a max of 15% dmg/health has been done? Or fear that breaks from random resist checks? You, sir, have all the answers.

Wow you just dont get it do you? ??? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Lichlôrd
    I'm sorry, which of those two buttons kills your opponent again? Maybe I'll have a higher rating now. Is it deathcoil with it's 3 min cd? or is it fear that breaks after a max of 15% dmg/health has been done? Or fear that breaks from random resist checks? You, sir, have all the answers.
    Try to make a lock and kill a rogue with that 2 bottons...

Some one in Arena use Curse ?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Roonweld
    love the privious post...wow...i dont like destro locks, 100% for conflagrate to stun for 5 or 6 seconds, and chaos bolt, REALLY!?!?! the only protection i have as a hunter is deterance, and i keep getting slammed by 6k crits from chaosbolt. then stunned and im dead, cant do anything...sigh....
    No offense, but if you were being beaten by a lock that does 6k CRITS, you were playing against a very badly geared destruction warlock. I do 6k hits with my gear and 12k crits. And as previous poster mentioned, it's a daze, not a stun. We got only one stun: shadowfury, which only lasts 2 seconds. Just enough to cast one quick spell.
    You got outplayed. Go play a proper spec and you will beat every lock that doesn't outgear you. Spell interruption is one of warlock's enemies, and with both you and your pet hitting us, it happens quite a lot. You got a gigantic toolbox for PvP as a hunter, l2use them.

Fake casting is key to playing destro, you can squeeze by playing it and still get decent rating if you just switch spell schools when you get kicked/mindfreezed/pummeled. You're not completely screwed like you are if you were to get school locked like affliction.

Try to land shadowfury on multiple targets if you can. Try not to use Shadowflame as your starter for conflag it hits like a girl. use it for added dps or the snare if you glyphed for it. CoE/CoT over agony.

Make use of Backlash to line up huge burst chains if possible don't just be like "backlash proc lol!" and hit the button, try to get a cast in like chaos bolt or immo if it isn't already up and rolling.

I feel that felhunter > void > succ. Devour magic is huge vs Locks/Paladins/Mages

If you're having trouble keeping immo up due to dispel spam, just fear the person dispelling and then set up your burst.

Use portal effectively, have your healer assist with locking down targets for you if you doing 2's/3's (HoJ, Earthbind,PsyScream) ect ect

Rogue|Lock|Shaman|Hunter

in regards to dispels, I found that casting immo followed by a quick corruption usually gives you the time needed to get your conflag in. When they spam dispel they will get the corruption most likely leaving your immo there long enough to do what you need to do.

also, if it is just you vs a healer (1v1), it can be tough if they are adequately geared with resilience, but this combo seems to work decently but only if deathcoil isnt on cd.

CoE, Immo, Corr, fear, CB, deathcoil, conflag, incinnerate, shadowfury, incinerate, shadowburn.

That combo will render them unable to do anything really for a solid 10-12 seconds which should be long enough to burst down lots of healers. Watch your mana tho, if you start that with 4k mana you are going to be lifetapping in there and will give the healer a gcd to get a quick heal off.