Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mimiron's Head - where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    SO there would be 100+ mounts on live servers if the mount dropped from mimiron 25 hardmode that only 30 guilds in the world have pulled of? Dude cmon, stop pulling thinks out of your ass....

It could drop from yogg 25 w/o any keepers sure it could, but it would make much more sence that it dropped from mimiron himself, and if the drop chance is as low as ashes of Al'ar is then i think we wont see it for some time. Or we'll see it drop tomorrow, the only info you can find about it atm that is true is that it has a chance to drop from a boss in ulduar, all other info is just speculations.
    It could aswell drop from hardmode mimiron, but that's still an assumption, based purely on the name of the mount (Mimiron's Head).

My assumption was based on the fact, that YS0K10 has a guaranteed special trinket drop to him, whether as YS0K25 hasn't been killed yet, and the guaranteed drop from that (assuming there will be one, otherwise there wouldn't be a point to leave the last keeper up).

Furthermore, based on Ashes of Al'ar, everyone was certain they dropped from Al'ar (right, makes sence no?). They dropped from Kael'thas, last boss of the instance (his creator or whatnot, but still, it was Ashes of Al'ar so wtf?), so based on that I'm assuming YS will probably end up dropping the head aswell.

It's the blizzard's logic by the looks of things, which can also be confirmed by Sarth2D dropping a nice iLvl 226 item, and 3D dropping a mount, so YS1K drops a nice 232/239 iLevel, and 0K drops a mount.

Makes sence to me, although it could drop from Mimiron hardmode, and If it did, we'd probably know about it allready. Although if it does, it's most likely a chance to drop (RNG based, meaning that it could not drop at all).

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316
    I would like to know how you made a correlation between the tentacle trinket and the mount. I'm gonna go with you are talking out of your ass.
    Well, no one has gotten the mount yet so it is

A) From Mim's hard mode with a really low drop chance

B) From an fight no one has been able to do yet.

That is what most people would think. Also when people first heard Ashes of Al'ar, they thought it would be off Al'ar and not Keal.

It would actually make sense for Mimiron's head to drop from Alone in the Darkness (though it has not been confirmed yet). Despite the low drop rate of ashes of al'ar, the mount did drop within the first dozen of kills. Mimiron hard mode has been killed at least over 60 times now so we would've probably seen 1 by now if it were to drop from him.

Now, why would mimiron's head drop from yogg?

"The boss Mimiron in Ulduar is related to Mimir. Mimir is one of the watchers, and once resided at the Temple of Invention but is absent during the case of Loken's rebellion. It is said that the mechanical servants appear to have turned against each other and that several attendants have been piled together in an unorganized manner. The remaining mechagnome guardians were corrupted by an unknown source."

Now if we look into who Mimir is...

Mímir (Old Norse "The rememberer, the wise one") or Mim is a figure in Norse mythology renowned for his knowledge and wisdom who is beheaded during the Æsir-Vanir War. His head was sent to Asgard where Odin, a major god in Norse paganism took the head and kept it. Odin is a god who is associated with many things, including death. We all know that Yogg-Saron is an old god of death. "Yogg" might also be an intentional misspelling of "Ygg", referring to Yggdrasil, the World Tree of Norse mythology, tying in with Yogg-Saron's corruption of Vordrassil. Ygg is also one of the aliases of the Norse God "Odin".

I'd be impressed with Blizz if the head really drops from Alone in the Darkness (Note that Alone in the darkness 10m drops an extra loot which is yogg's tentacle, which is why so many people have been speculating what would drop from Alone in the darkness in 25m).

Deleted

Back in the days when this game wasn't overrun by retarded windowlickers, there was something as an Undead Horse, which had a droprate of 1/5000. Obviously, Baron Rivendare didn't require ubergear, stats and tactics to get killed, but it's not like other rare/epic mounts these days have a 1/5 droprate...

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Back in the days when this game wasn't overrun by retarded windowlickers, there was something as an Undead Horse, which had a droprate of 1/5000. Obviously, Baron Rivendare didn't require ubergear, stats and tactics to get killed, but it's not like other rare/epic mounts these days have a 1/5 droprate...
    wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar
    in before "in between his shoulders".

also. ugliest mount ive ever seen.
    I hate you.

Also: http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=45693

Might be a Yogg +0 drop, nothing confirmed.

obviously yogg was going to use the mount so he could fly out of Ulduar. Someone should edit a pic of the mount with yogg in it saying lawl and flying away =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    wat?
    Oh sorry, you never did run Stratholme (Undead side) with a group of friends when level 60 was the cap and having the Deathcharger's Reins ment something?

Quote Originally Posted by skulle
    obviously yogg was going to use the mount so he could fly out of Ulduar. Someone should edit a pic of the mount with yogg in it saying lawl and flying away =)
    This is something I must see.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<