wintergrasp lag win

on my server we have a hugh horde advantage which means we use to always win wintergrasp even though ally have 17 stacks of tenacity but now allys are starting to win mainly because of lag spike we have had our door at full lag for a few seconds and bam its down and they cap. so after talking about this one night in vent one of my guild members say the lag is not just because of all the people but because some ally guild gets 15 people to spam something in there chat and the lag gets so bad that only tanks can move making it to were they can get an ez win with out being stop.

has anyone else heard or seen this ???
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

Re: wintergrasp lag win

What happened in our server (Gul'dan) one day was the Ally (us) were on attack and we were destined to lose for sure since we only had like the outer wall down with about 10-12 minutes to go. Then there was a major lag spike and anyone in Wintergrasp at that time disconnected (got a World Server is down error when trying to log in). Then we all logged in and turns out WG reset with Horde still defending and 30 mins on the clock. All Ally stacked up on the Sunken Ring graveyard, grabbed 16 siege engines stacked, and stomped through the fortress uncontested. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by mbsaan
    on my server we have a hugh horde advantage which means we use to always win wintergrasp even though ally have 17 stacks of tenacity but now allys are starting to win mainly because of lag spike we have had our door at full lag for a few seconds and bam its down and they cap. so after talking about this one night in vent one of my guild members say the lag is not just because of all the people but because some ally guild gets 15 people to spam something in there chat and the lag gets so bad that only tanks can move making it to were they can get an ez win with out being stop.

Your guild members are retards. I'd recommend /gquit This lag happens to everyone on every server. Get over it and learn to loose.

NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger

Your guild members are retards. I'd recommend /gquit This lag happens to everyone on every server. Get over it and learn to loose.

NEXT
    well i'd recommend you learn how to write "lose" before flaming others :
    ...just another dream within a dream...

yet to have lag when im at the door
    well maybe for a split second
    but nothing to cause a loss
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

. <---- This is a period.

But to address your point, I believe that spamming text will do nothing to worsen lag compared to normal spells, much less aoe. Also, tanks are as affected by lag as everything else.

As a rule, it's safe to assume anything someone tells you about communication within your opposing faction is bull.

Blizzard simply bit off more than their servers could chew with WG. Until it's on a separate server everyone will think the lag favors the other faction.

I think something more concerning than lag is people logging out before it ends with their rank 2 buff an logging back in when it starts and being able to instantly get Siege Tanks. On my server Horde does it every game, while Alliance rarely cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    well i'd recommend you learn how to write "lose" before flaming others :
    this makes me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfz
    I think something more concerning than lag is people logging out before it ends with their rank 2 buff an logging back in when it starts and being able to instantly get Siege Tanks. On my server Horde does it every game, while Alliance rarely cheats.
    never seen this happen

Deleted

one of my guild members say the lag is not just because of all the people but because some ally guild gets 15 people to spam something in there chat and the lag gets so bad that only tanks can move making it to were they can get an ez win with out being stop.
    That guild member is a true moron. Spamming text does NOTHING at ALL to increase the lag. There are various other factors that do, however, but none of them are directly influencable (spelling?)

As for the "log-out-and-back-in-to-get-instant-tanks"....
    I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    That guild member is a true moron. Spamming text does NOTHING at ALL to increase the lag. There are various other factors that do, however, but none of them are directly influencable (spelling?)

As for the "log-out-and-back-in-to-get-instant-tanks"....
    I call bullshit.
    The log out method is not bullshit, it's tried and true. If you get to rank 2, and log out DURING WG, and come back again in 2 and half hours (I.E. DURING another WG game), you keep your rank. Meaning you could potentially log in right as a new game starts, and obviously get a tank, which is the whole point of doing it.
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

actually, according to a guildmember who talked to a GM this "faction lag" is also affected by the addon communication channel. Alliance on our server always has like 4 times the people of horde in WG and horde is constantly winning due to alliance lagging like hell.
    If this lag is really caused by the addon communication channel, I guess it IS faction based and not server based.

Boy am I glad I'm on Maiev, there's maybe 4 raid groups full of people in WG at a time counting horde and alliance. Lag is never an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspells
    The log out method is not bullshit, it's tried and true. If you get to rank 2, and log out DURING WG, and come back again in 2 and half hours (I.E. DURING another WG game), you keep your rank. Meaning you could potentially log in right as a new game starts, and obviously get a tank, which is the whole point of doing it.
    even if it is true unless like 8 guys do that it wont make that big of a dif
    *FIND AND BLOW IT UP*
    come on not that hard

and if 8 guys do that
    then guess what those guys are more committed to winning then you are
    and talk to a GM about it

Since when does WG Lag?

Nah only kidding happens on both sides get a bit tiresom but what can we do, but to maybe wait for blizz to nerf quests to reseting every 2 weeks, since their 1 week nerf on the quests didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    even if it is true unless like 8 guys do that it wont make that big of a dif
    *FIND AND BLOW IT UP*
    come on not that hard

and if 8 guys do that
    then guess what those guys are more committed to winning then you are
    and talk to a GM about it
    it's never just 1 its always at least 8, most of the time its 12-16 people, every time the alliance defends. We lose in under 5 minutes. Zero chance of defending with 20 stacks of tenacity ontop.