priest op or ppl just stupid?

so...yesterday i decided i have to do some arenas.Started a team with a friend and we went to 800 rating fast.I never used Divine hymn in arenas because has a big channel duration.Since i was a raider..and when more ppl need help fast..i use divine hymn in this condition..Me and my partener were almost dead when i pop it.A mage and a death knight didn't intrerupt it.Divine was channeled to full.Are priests soooo imba how ppl say or others are just stupid?The thing is that it happened twice or 3 times..with other teams.
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

Re: priest op or ppl just stupid?

priest is best healer in arena! Only if your team has coordinate cc meaning nothing touches the priest, any melee will kill the priest before its 2nd pain suppression without any peeling or cc ;P

forgot to say my partener was fighting the mage...but they can cc me easy...
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

sssssooooooo..... you are drawing conclusions from maybe one evening of arena experience?
    This user has been banned.

nope..i was just thinking. ... i understand once is posible..but more times?i wonder if i can get out of combat and ress )
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

and ...ppl say that priests are op...seen many troll posts about this.My post is a proof that priests are not op(or they are a bit but only if u know to play a nice match).PPL who say priests are op are proly those who don't know to counterspell a 6sec channeled spell
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

L2Los

Priest are OP healers in PvE now, i
    n PvP the priest OPness all depends on your partner...

but then again every healer is OP if no1 touches them >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nimix
    L2Los
    ...except that you have no snares and no snare breakers, so the LoS part is quite tricky when a warrior or rogue is in your face.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonubi
    and ...ppl say that priests are op...seen many troll posts about this.My post is a proof that priests are not op(or they are a bit but only if u know to play a nice match).PPL who say priests are op are proly those who don't know to counterspell a 6sec channeled spell
    I don't quite follow you here.

Anyway, as a rogue, I've been having a much harder time against teams with a druid than with a priest.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Priest are OP healers in PvE now, i
    n PvP the priest OPness all depends on your partner...

but then again every healer is OP if no1 touches them >.<
    Except shamans, they will oom until they get hit every so often because shamans need water shields to proc in arena.
    I used to love having just 1 DoT ticking on me in arena's. restores 500-600 mana per orb (depending on improvements)
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

for the sake of your thread i choose ppl just stupid. its usually true anyways.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I RARELY ever get a good chance to use Divine Hymn. It will instantly get interrupted in most matches. The only time I use it is when I'm free and away and out of LoS. Then I use it to heal my partner with an Inner Focus.

If a Mage AND a DK didn't interrupt it, then they are just terribad. They have 3 interrupts between them.

As for Priests needing CC. Yes, we need some CC occasionally, but I can tank melee for a good amount of time before needing any help. Except for this one Ret Paladin in full Ulduar gear who poops 10k crits. But we just kill him.

Deleted

priest is not OP.
    Some setups with priest are just OP. (RMP, RoguePriest)

druids are more OP imo

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

A priest ranges from good to very good depending on our opposition, but we can feel almost downright godly and unkillable when faced with idiots who don't know how to interrupt...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Priests are still the most OP'd PvP healers in WoW. Druids are real close but i still think Priests are on top. Well, the ones with high resilience but thats a given with healers today.

Players tend to not waste their interrupts unless there is an opportunity there. Interrupt CD's for both DK's and Mages don't come back for a decent amount of time and it makes or breaks them in terms of taking down a healer. I'll often let penances or small heals go unless its a situation where someone is at half life or something, and then its worth the counterspell.

Its very difficult to blow up a geared Priest from full life to 0, even with 2 players imo. Almost impossible for me solo even during a full counterspell lockout of holy unless i get back to back to back brainfreeze procs and frostbites. Ran into another situation last night in EoTS with 5 players chasing a Priest halfway around the map taking forever to kill him. Its the resilience factor more than anything though that separates them. When you can get 5k crits on low resilienced healers, and with more frequency as opposed to 3k'sh crits on average with much less frequency on high resilienced targets, then getting through PWS, PS, etc., needless to say its silly sometimes.

the arena was dalaran sewers as i remember..in middle ..but not in water... and i dind't get a deathgrip/silence/counterspell/deepfreez/polymorph/blastwave(don't remember if it was fire or frost mage) i just don't get it ? maybe once..but twice or 3 ...P.S. i almost ressed my mate behind a pilar in blade's edge arena-haste ftw
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

I think your problem was that you were fighting 800 rating teams. In the 2K+ brackets a long channel shouldn't be happening, but disc priests are still OP because of their utility (using psychic scream in a CC train, mana burn, MC, allowing rogues to stealth through concecrate/DnD, among others.)