Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Guild not accepting people with PvP gear

You might be a great player and do very well in the gear you have but wanting raid spots with PvP gear lumps you into the players that don't give 100%. those players that:

Use green gems
    Use the cheap enchants as opposed to the good ones (50SP vs 63SP)
    Do not have a flyer for naxx
    Won't flask

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

2400 dps is for 10 man Ulduar pugs and naxx 25, and even then, you will be made fun of, hinder the group, and maybe get kicked. That is low, there is nothing else to say about it.

We downed hard mode XT, Council, Thorim, and Hodir on 10-man, and for that you need 4k from everyone not a tank/healer.

For 25-man hard XT and beyond, 4k is the absolute minimum, and its really not enough. It becomes 4.5k for the baseline, and you need a number of people significantly higher.

Just for shits and giggles ... I was in a Vault pug the other day AND SIX PEOPLE WERE BELOW 1K DPS. I'm not sure that is possible, but it is. They are all kicked after the last trash pack. I cant believe someone would insult 24 other people with gear and skill that freaking horrible. Its just rude and inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Palthazora
    For 25-man hard XT and beyond, 4k is the absolute minimum, and its really not enough. It becomes 4.5k for the baseline, and you need a number of people significantly higher.
    People in PvP gear just dont understand that raid bosses have minimum dps requirements unachievable by PvP gear to kill hard mode versions.

If pure PvP dumbtards that cant get this basic information into their heads it's no wonder that the best PvP'ers are primarily PvE raiders (which is also true btw .

I faceroll every season into 2k rating just so i can get my PvP gear WHICH I NEVER USE BECAUSE I QUIT AFTER I GET MY GEAR SO I CAN GET BACK TO RAIDING.

Ive got over 10 primarily PvE raiders in my guild all over 2.2k rating.

Then along comes the "pure PvPer" who thinks he knows about PvE.

It's completely laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    People in PvP gear just dont understand that raid bosses have minimum dps requirements unachievable by PvP gear to kill hard mode versions.

If pure PvP dumbtards that cant get this basic information into their heads it's no wonder that the best PvP'ers are primarily PvE raiders (which is also true btw .

I faceroll every season into 2k rating just so i can get my PvP gear WHICH I NEVER USE BECAUSE I QUIT AFTER I GET MY GEAR SO I CAN GET BACK TO RAIDING.

Ive got over 10 primarily PvE raiders in my guild all over 2.2k rating.

Then along comes the "pure PvPer" who thinks he knows about PvE.

It's completely laughable.
    when did this thread become about hard modes? you're simply looking for any argument you can win, even if it doesn't actually exist. i bet you're a fatty

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I'd be more specific, if I were you, but as I've read your original post and your replies, you've just come here to get a consoling hug, not really to understand whether what you're saying has any bearing or what they're saying has any bearing.

If it's a progression guild and they want to focus on PvE progression, then not accepting people in PvP gear is a wise choice, why? Because the item budget has been 'wasted' on a stat you do not need in PvE (hint hint, resilience) UNLESS you are a tank and have a tremendously good reason to wear such gear for mitigation purposes. If it's a casual guild, which does Naxx 25 once in two weeks, then I don't see any problem in including such players.

Most of the current tier raid fights are DPS races against your healers' mana pools. Although you might receive slightly less damage then you're non pvp geared counterparts, your healers will have to heal through all the damage youre not so pvp oriented guild/raid mates receive as a result of your lacking DPS and the prolonged fight duration/damage intake.

On a more practical note, if you really are wearing a belt and braces, then I don't really see a problem, first can be obtained for heroic badges and second can be either bought off of the AH, if you've got the money for it, or you could have PvE blues crafted, if that is all that stands in the way of your raiding future.

Now, snap out of it, 2k+ for Ulduar raid is some really shitty performance. It's so-so for a CoT4 time run.

15+ Year Old Account

doesnt matter how many pieces of pvp gear you have, as long as you get good results, who the fuck should care?
    I think the OP is not getting good results and his guild know this 2 pieces of PvP or not.

QQ all you want but prove to me otherwise and I will eat my words. We dont know who you are or what you are like in game so I really doubt anyone who hasnt physically raided with you should be able to comment on this matter as for all we know you could be a 5k dps warlock but you might 'that guy' who dies on every pull/fight etc.

The fact you have no evidence to support your 'point' (if there is one) says it all.

And back to the original 'point' - sure some PvP gear can be used in PvE if you dont have X item but there will always be an item for that slot be it the next item level down that will be more suitable for PvE. Common sense will tell you that on PvP items stats are split for both and you have simply wasted stat points on generally stats you dont need for PvE. The only item that comes to mind that I would suggest 100% most people to have for Uld which is viable is the recent WG PvP trinkets.

I use 'point' as some people may wish to replace this with 'trolling for sympathy because im too thick to see where I am going wrong.'

Edit:

2.4k DPS on Emalon is pretty fucking pathetic. Especially as a warrior. If you're not pulling 4k+(at minimum) on -any- tank/spank encounter of any means, you do not deserve a raid spot. Period.
    Couldnt agree more. My alt prot war pulls 2k average on most fights using your standard Deep Wounds on tank/spank fights like Patch/Emalon. Kinkeh @ Outland-EU.

The amount of vitriol being spouted in this thread is pretty appalling.

The only thing puggable in the true sense of the term is 10/25 Flame Leviathan. And when I say true sense, I mean a pug formed with a leader who invites blindly anyone in sight - most Emalon pugs come to mind. It won't be until 3.2 when more of Ulduar becomes accessible... maybe.

PvP gear is acceptable in the rare case that a program like Rawr recommends it. However, gear is so accessible these days that the list of upgrades for that PvP piece will include some easy targets no-brainer. As an example, based on my current gear, I could throw on deadly mage shoulders. Rawr tells me there are 14 non-hardmoded upgrades for me, two of which are blue. Blue! That alone says to me that PvP gear is really only acceptable for when you just hit 80.

An Emalon group with anyone below 2.5k dps is at risk of not being able to burn the overloads and/or make the enrage. It's not "sad" or "pathetic", it's a necessity.

I dont see why you say guilds dont accepts people with PvP gear. I mean, every serious Fury Warrior and Rogue had Brutal Weapons when they were availble.

I agree with you on the fact that taking a guy with 2000 dps instead of a guy with 2400 would be stupid, if you only think about dps, but your example just shows that the player apparently wasn't only chosen because of his gear, Various other reasons might have kicked in tbh (Him being a cool guy, maybe he had more survivability, maybe he's a core member, maybe he's "better" for this current group / encounter) or maybe they just wanted to piss you off because 'oh em gee he has pevepe epax olollololll nuuu!b!!!!!!!!!!!11!' neither ways, there's most likely a very logical reason for you not getting a spot, but Having PvP Epics in a PvE guild (I'm guessing you were in a PvE guild) is not good, no matter if your PvE blues were more crap, just shows that you havn't done 'enough' PvE Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessar
    I dont see why you say guilds dont accepts people with PvP gear. I mean, every serious Fury Warrior and Rogue had Brutal Weapons when they were availble.
    I'm trying to get my rating to 1850 just so I can get a placeholder 2h to increase my DPS, IronSoul ftl ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Alex of the Sun
    @3 above: Read my full post... I do not have 2400 overall DPS, my overall DPS is about 2800, now shut the hell up about the Emalon thing... it was a bad example.
    2800 is still too low.

get a new guild or get new gear....did i leave anything out?

honestly do things like this really need to be there own topic on here, are you seriously asking for suggestions on how to handle this?!? or are you just looking for ppl to feel sorry for you or e-fight with?

Not always about the gear. My warrior can pull almost 3k dps with a combo of pvp/blue gear using 2 swords. (Main spec is tank, so I only pick up leftover gear and fill in the blanks with pvp)

I run around naked with Anathema and I do 5k melee dps. If I get the results, it doesn't matter what my gear is. Though this doesn't seem particularly true in your case, just because of the slightly low dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.