Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New Shaman Totem Bar, Shaman Changes (Updated)

Update - More details on Shamans Changes, PTR 3.2 Notes "soon"
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We have changed these spells for 3.2. And yes, there are some other changes. The main buff to Chain Heal is likely to come in increasing the jump distance to 10 yards and buffing the amount of healing decrease with subsequent targets to 40% down from 50%. CH, HW and LHW should all be doing bigger numbers when you consider all the talent changes.

We'll try to get the full notes out soon, but even then remember that this is a major "new tier" patch and is likely to have more iteration due to PTR feedback than the last few patches.
    Update - Patch 3.2 Shaman Changes
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

We have changed Healing Way to work better with HW and we have changed Improved Water Shield to also work with CH. We also dropped the cooldown of NS to 2 min so that you can HW more often. We'll try to make a post of all of the Resto changes soon.

[...] Improved Water Shield procs will not consume Water Shield charges. The tooltip says something like "as if you had consumed an orb.
    New Shaman Totem Bar
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We wanted to provide some insight regarding the upcoming shaman-specific interface addition, the Totem Bar. Shaman will be able to utilize this new bar to manage their fire, earth, water, and air totems in a more accessible and convenient way. This bar will appear on the left-hand side above the standard toolbar, similar to warrior stances or druid forms. The bar contains space for four totems of the player’s choice, one of each element. Clicking the respective button will drop that totem. To the right of the four totems is a button for Totemic Call, which we have renamed Call of Earth. To the left of the four totems is a new ability named Call of Fire which will drop all four totems on the bar at once. The mana cost is the same as if the shaman dropped all four of the totems one at a time. However, it takes but a single global cooldown.

Questing shaman will be able to quickly move their totems of choice forward, while a shaman in an instance, Arena, or Battleground will be able to replace their totems if they have to move or if the totems are destroyed.

Shamans will also be able to customize their bar to set Call of Fire to drop less than four totems if they choose. Access to this functionality is made available at the same level as Call of Earth (currently level 30.) At higher levels, Shaman will gain two additional spells, Call of Air and Call of Water. These function exactly the same as Call of Fire, essentially giving the shaman three different sets of totems that can be placed at once. New key bindings will also be made available for all of these slots.

As with all new content under testing, we want to caution players that, as a new part of the interface, there may be additional changes during the period of the PTR until the release of the Call of the Crusade content patch. We look forward to constructive feedback once it is available for testing.

Re: New Shaman Totem Bar

About fucking time!

Deleted

ok, the way they dealt with this is very nice.

but now my ui will be all screwed up

Looks like an interesting feature to make totems more attractive.

Some good bang for the "bucks" in 3.2 it seems!

Wow.. Sweet! Was waiting for something like this already !
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

Great, can't wait for it
    It is said, there's no sin in killing a beast. Only in killing a man. But where does one begin, and the other end?

good change, but where does it help us in the stomping department?

-80 Tauren Warrior-80 Undead Priest--80 Tauren Shaman-70 Tauren Druid-67 Human Deathknight

15+ Year Old Account

BUFF WARRIORS!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    New Shaman Totem Bar
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We wanted to provide some insight regarding the upcoming shaman-specific interface addition, the Totem Bar. Shaman will be able to utilize this new bar to manage their fire, earth, water, and air totems in a more accessible and convenient way. This bar will appear on the left-hand side above the standard toolbar, similar to warrior stances or druid forms. The bar contains space for four totems of the player’s choice, one of each element. Clicking the respective button will drop that totem. To the right of the four totems is a button for Totemic Call, which we have renamed Call of Earth. To the left of the four totems is a new ability named Call of Fire which will drop all four totems on the bar at once. The mana cost is the same as if the shaman dropped all four of the totems one at a time. However, it takes but a single global cooldown.

Questing shaman will be able to quickly move their totems of choice forward, while a shaman in an instance, Arena, or Battleground will be able to replace their totems if they have to move or if the totems are destroyed.

Shamans will also be able to customize their bar to set Call of Fire to drop less than four totems if they choose. Access to this functionality is made available at the same level as Call of Earth (currently level 30.) At higher levels, Shaman will gain two additional spells, Call of Air and Call of Water. These function exactly the same as Call of Fire, essentially giving the shaman three different sets of totems that can be placed at once. New key bindings will also be made available for all of these slots.

As with all new content under testing, we want to caution players that, as a new part of the interface, there may be additional changes during the period of the PTR until the release of the Call of the Crusade content patch. We look forward to constructive feedback once it is available for testing.
    IMO do to the lore they did describe, this should be a high level shaman ability,

or stage how many they can drop at once.

IE, 2 at level 30, 3, at level 60, and all 4 at level 80.

lorewise.

I`m very close to shit my pants.

what about call of air and water? =(
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

like 3 years too late.. as far as i remember.

But this means that shamans will still need to place tremor/str/stoneskin in their other button grid..
    since apparently you can only save 4 different totems.

Its definetly a nice -- and about time -- tweak. But while theyre at it.. they should do a full management implementation instead of this semi-halfarsed addon ripoff.

Unlink totems from gcd.. lookup "yata" addon.. implement that, ty very much.

That is a really sweet change that might encourage me to level my shaman further. Totems were the biggest beef I had during leveling, and now that this concern is taken away... hooray!

I am sure all the other shamans out there throw their hats up from joy too.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account

not bad. so it works like Yata? except with a button to put them all down at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos
    About fucking time!
    Amen.

amazing! this is exactly what i wanted them to do!
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

Looks like a cool change. I have a 60 shaman I may dust off to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by czechx
    good change, but where does it help us in the stomping department?
    They will never have there pet on you, just click your button whenever they take them down. It is far from perfect but 1.5 secs vs 6 secs to place totems is pwn.

I just knew that some shamans would go bitch mode.
    Crying for change, a change comes, and it still isn't good.
    At least they're doing something.

Awesome! this is such a needed addition to the shaman class. Almost brings a tear to my eye.