Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Blizzards idea for the new totem system

Would that be the same though? Lowering GCD does have a big implication in a game where supposedly every GCD counts. (I'm playing a devil's advocate here. I don't think this game is nearly as intense as most make it sound.) Especially if can wrap your head around micromanagement and only need to drop 1 totem. Then it becomes a difference of (including lag) 1 entire GCD. For example, dropping Fire Nova then follow it up by a Flame Shock (I like fire) under the current system takes 2 GCD.
    Under Bliz's new system (you don't have to set the thing up to use all 4 totems either), it's still 2 GCD.
    With lower GCD, you're using 1 and a quarter GCD.
    If you only want to drop 2 totems, then you're using 1.5 GCD, rather than 2 GCD under Bliz's proposed system.

I wonder if someone will be able to make a mod that switches out the totem sets in Call of Fire using preset values.. that could allow for pretty much unlimited sets of totem to be set up with a single button press.

Quote Originally Posted by olicon

I wonder if someone will be able to make a mod that switches out the totem sets in Call of Fire using preset values.. that could allow for pretty much unlimited sets of totem to be set up with a single button press.

If they did this, it would be awesome. It would chew through your mana like no other though.

The problem i see is that, if i drop a set of totem, 3s of them are destoryed, i want to drop the same set again, some will have a longer cool down than others.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    Those add-ons are not exactly very creative either. They are just functions that are clearly convenient from player's point of view. Thousands of people want them--that's why they were created. What else is Bliz going to do to make playing more convenient, rather than making it more convenient?

Please enlighten me, really..how else can you implement plopping down 4 totems at once other than putting down 4 totems at once? Maybe putting down 3 totems, and have a fourth one magically appear randomly?
    Well that's what I plan to do.. Strength of earth, Windfury, Healing Stream. then magma for dps :P

Anyway my comment was more about how Blizzard is adding add-ons into their own interface like threat meters, item management, and now totem management add-ons, oh and instance maps.

I'm not saying it's negative either.. I look forward to the future when the Interface is so much more managable without add-ons.

The only issue is Add-ons make boss fights easier.. if they start adding more stuff like DBM into their own UI they're gonna have to come up with some crazy fights to keep things difficult.