Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Something to help Ret in PVP

So I've been thinking of ways to give pallies something that is unique that will help against healers in pvp. Instead of Vindication reducing stats, I was thinking perhaps it could slow or stop resource regeneration. So for instance Divine Plea, Innervate, talents, and normal mana regen stop when you get the Vindication buff and you only gain 75% rage, 30 energy per tick, and runes refresh in 12-13 seconds rather than 10.

Judgements of the Wise, Improved Stormstrike, Aspect of the Viper, Mana Gems, and Warlock Drains are then only 75% as effective as well. This makes those classes not entirely gimped, but does affect their resources and makes them less able to kill you off as quickly.

This ability is unique, it could be moved deeper in the ret tree to make it harder to get, and you could give something similar to other classes that don't get represented much in the top brackets to help slow down the pace of the game. It doesnt' affect damage, it doesnt destroy mana.

Now to balance this, perhaps it can only be applied from CS or Judgement and only when that ability crits. Have it last 10-15 seconds so that it can fall off if you can kite the pally. That way smart pallies will use the ability it grants on more than one person to help their team out more. Makes pallies play smarter and seem a bit less lollerspam.

Retribution for standing against the pally is your resources are harder to gain. The paladin becomes such a force of awe that it becomes difficult to muster your energy to attack them.

Re: Something to help Ret in PVP

I was hoping for vindication to become a sort of MS, but it wouldn't proc as much so it wouldnt be AS good as MS, but you know, still reduce some healing effects.
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

Oh Im sorry I thought I read the thread title as "How to help Ret paladins in pvp" I must be dreaming. They obiously need alot of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Oh Im sorry I thought I read the thread title as "How to help Ret paladins in pvp" I must be dreaming. They obiously need alot of help.
    I myself thought I was having a stroke, but then I realized, with the massive population explosion of paladins in the last few months, most are complete noobs to the class and don't know how to play it. So ya, it's not surprising to see all the noob QQ. It's hard to press 3 buttons and kill 90% of the people you come across, clearly help is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nd
    I myself thought I was having a stroke, but then I realized, with the massive population explosion of paladins in the last few months, most are complete noobs to the class and don't know how to play it. So ya, it's not surprising to see all the noob QQ. It's hard to press 3 buttons and kill 90% of the people you come across, clearly help is needed.
    All sarcasm and joking aside though. It really is sad to see threads like this...if your getting shit housed in pvp as a paladin then you need some serious help. Secondly if you think ret paladins need help with pvp thats also extreamly sad. Your class is over powered to the fucking max, is that not enough help? Sure the vindication stamina thing got nerfed but can you really not make up for that 3-4k health in a matter of seconds?

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=113393

like this wasnt a faceroll enough...

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    you 3 idiots must suck at pvp & have crappy resilience levels or you would know that by the time you reach 700+ resilience a ret paladins damage output becomes laughable & there ability to self heal goes way down due to them not being able to score crits on a regular basis. however agaisnt dipshits like youselves ret paladins can faceroll
    LOL no 700 resilience does NOTHING for someone who wears cloth/leather even mail. I think its funny how offended you are by this, your probably one of the paladins who cant kill anyone complaining about shit like this, if you cant kill someone with 700 resil you my friend need to rethink what game you should be playing.

PS-you type like a 13 year old having a temper tantrum

You want to see an OP class? Resto Druids have been OP since Season 1 in arena, no nerfs to them just a steady stream of buffs.

Been playing a paladin for 3 years now along with several other classes & i have to say paladins are hurt the most when the opponent has large resilience levels & the fact that you don't know this to be true just shows that you are a dipshit who knows nothing about the class or your just a troll who wants to see them nerfed back to lolret days
    Wow you sure get mad over this, thats kind of entertaining to me. Its just fun to see the bad paladins cry because it doesnt look like any of the good ones need to since they know what they are doing lol. And the word dipshit is already getting old so please grow up.

Been playing a paladin for 3 years now along with several other classes & i have to say paladins are hurt the most when the opponent has large resilience levels
    try again... think hunter, another persons resil doesn't affect your ability to heal yourself. can a hunter? no. can a hunter dps? yes. can a ret dps? yes. case settled.

what paladins need, is oddly enough a more complicated damage system
    you may think its retarded but its not

at the moment there is nothing you can do to stop a paladin unloading its full aray of damaging attacks, this makes balancing hard and is most likely also the reason paladins are a bit of the lesser pve damage dealers, if you increase pve damage, pvp will be overpowered

if there was some complicated or at least different element to the dps cycle pve damage can be upped and paladins can receive new buffs without being very overpowered

I can't even begin to count the number of times I have had a foe /laugh, /clap, /dance with me because of my inability to make a dent in them. Mostly, I am referring to resto druids and disc priests. While wearing mostly PvE gear with over 4k AP, I just can't do anything to them.

To make things even worse, I had my first ever encounter with the spell reflect meta gem the other day while getting /laugh'd at by a disc priest. Having blown Arcane Torrent and Repentance to interrupt their first two casts, I used HoJ on the next cast. Its demoralizing enough to not be able to get a real disc priest, ie. wears resil and has no reason to QQ about rets, that I was chopping away at for quite a while, but then my HoJ got reflected back at me. At that point, I just stopped attacking and let him kill me.

The challenge any of the anti-ret repliers in this thread to post an armory link. I can guarantee that none of you guys have more than 400 resil and get crushed by any ret paladin because you are half-ass about arena and clearly don't see how hard a ret pally gets shafted by high resil values.

I have my armory link in my signature. If I can't even come close to killing a decently resil'd target that doesn't even attack me, I think that is proof enough.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Ret pallys complain about people in high resilience, but they don't realize that playing in PVE gear is more beneficial, and pretty much cancels out that person's resilience. I rarely see any pallys in PVP gear anymore because of how much burst they can throw out. My priest healer has about 900 resilience and has played in several 2300 teams and STILL can get thrown down in a hammer+repentence combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I can't even begin to count the number of times I have had a foe /laugh, /clap, /dance with me because of my inability to make a dent in them. Mostly, I am referring to resto druids and disc priests. While wearing mostly PvE gear with over 4k AP, I just can't do anything to them.

To make things even worse, I had my first ever encounter with the spell reflect meta gem the other day while getting /laugh'd at by a disc priest. Having blown Arcane Torrent and Repentance to interrupt their first two casts, I used HoJ on the next cast. Its demoralizing enough to not be able to get a real disc priest, ie. wears resil and has no reason to QQ about rets, that I was chopping away at for quite a while, but then my HoJ got reflected back at me. At that point, I just stopped attacking and let him kill me.

The challenge any of the anti-ret repliers in this thread to post an armory link. I can guarantee that none of you guys have more than 400 resil and get crushed by any ret paladin because you are half-ass about arena and clearly don't see how hard a ret pally gets shafted by high resil values.
    I have my armory link in my signature. If I can't even come close to killing a decently resil'd target that doesn't even attack me, I think that is proof enough.
    You know why I dont wear over 400 resil?? Cause it doesnt fucking matter!!!!! Thats kind of the point I was getting at : Id like YOU to go fight a rogue with 700+ resil, you will hit him just as hard and dont give me any shit that you wont. I cant believe how modest your post was, any clothie other than a geared disc priest you can also basically 4 shot. Stop complaining your class is OP as it is.

PALLYS ARE OP ALREADY OMFG?! they just nerfed them for a reason.. god

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Wow you sure get mad over this, thats kind of entertaining to me. Its just fun to see the bad paladins cry because it doesnt look like any of the good ones need to since they know what they are doing lol. And the word dipshit is already getting old so please grow up.
    If ret are so OP, how come RMP is the favoured combo in 3s, and every where I go I see rogue+priest in 2s. Face the facts, ret was OP, and got nerfed to the ground where its hard for them to kill a healer solo unless the moons align crit wise (not likely due to resilience) or they pull off some remarkable cc chain (which they can only do once every 40sec and can be dispelled).

Rogues calling other classes OP is a joke.

ret is fine..L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Defaith
    PALLYS ARE OP ALREADY OMFG?! they just nerfed them for a reason.. god
    OP at scrub levels, terrible at high levels. They got nerfed cause bads can't counter them.

How about Emalon actually drops ret furious gloves...oh wait that would be like every other class, but in 8500 kills according to wowhead no gloves have ever dropped cause Blizz stuffed up. Also according to blizzards own armory you can only buy them not have emalon drop them.

Stop the crying about ret. They have no snare, no ms, no interrupt and average CC.

To the person that said other people's resilience doens't make it harder for ret to heal, look at the Art of War talent.

so rets cant kill disc priests or resto druids

so what?, im a feral druid and i cant kill disc priests or resto druids either, hell i cant kill shamans nor holy paladins, they all outheal my damage unless i start with 6 chain crits and 2 ooc procs, wich is rather unlikely and still doesnt kill a holy pala

i have one interrupt at a accesable cast time in dps form, so how am i to kill a healer?

Its funny all the shitties stopped posting because they finally realized "man i need to learn how to play how is everyone else so goooood" its sad it took 2 pages for that to happen though. Stop asking for help in arena or pvp if you know how to play its not a problem with the class. And to proove that look at all the terrible paladins on your server....what weapon are they using?? Ohwait Furious weapons and green trinkets what does that say :