Need some guidens with my prieast

hey there guys i just have some questions about my curent gear/talents and what should i go focus on..
    i have an troll disc prieast that i think is ready to heal naxx 10 man..but i do feal that my heals are so slow and not effianct enough.. i even have problems
    in HoL hc (only on last boss tough) but maybe i have done somthing wrong`? anyway here is my armory link

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Aldar%C3%ACs

All help whould be nice... thx

Re: Need some guidens with my prieast

Hi,

Here is a Flash heal specc:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....00000000000000
    The one i use.

With your gear you should be able to heal Naxx-10 no problem

Deleted

First of all, for starting discipline priests it is important to get 20k mana unbuffed.

Your haste is a good spot now, but your crit should be 5% higher.

As you have no meta to care about, I suggest putting +16 intellect gem in the blue slots in your chest and belt.
    That should raise your mana by 500 at least. Spirit and mp5 should never be gemmed for unless to complete meta requirements and then they are usually in combination with spellpower or intellect.

This is the standard discipline spec , if you use greater heal regularly (which I do not, dont even have it on actionbar) then you can change the points from spellwarding to divine fury. Your glyphs are fine. Or if you use renew still, which I did when I first started raiding, put points into desperate prayer and improved renew.

Regarding your slow heals. Are you using powerword:shield enough? Because you should get plenty of haste from that through borrowed time. Penance does not consume borrowed time but is affected by it, so typical discipline priests that need some burst healing put a shield, cast penance on a low member and then add a slow but effective heal, in your HoL case you could use shield > penance > prayer of healing > shield > prayer of healing.

This is my discipline priest http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erspine&n=Iebe
    should you need some guidelines.

Also since you are high level tailor, put a darkglow embroidery enchant on your cloak.

@ iebe: Just a notice i saw on ur specc, why yould you take "Spell Warding" instead of "Imp Renew" and "Desperate Prayer"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegers
    @ iebe: Just a notice i saw on ur specc, why yould you take "Spell Warding" instead of "Imp Renew" and "Desperate Prayer"?

kinda funny i just tought about that my self....gonna change it..

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    First of all, for starting discipline priests it is important to get 20k mana unbuffed.

Your haste is a good spot now, but your crit should be 5% higher.

As you have no meta to care about, I suggest putting +16 intellect gem in the blue slots in your chest and belt.
    That should raise your mana by 500 at least. Spirit and mp5 should never be gemmed for unless to complete meta requirements and then they are usually in combination with spellpower or intellect.

This is the standard discipline spec , if you use greater heal regularly (which I do not, dont even have it on actionbar) then you can change the points from spellwarding to divine fury. Your glyphs are fine. Or if you use renew still, which I did when I first started raiding, put points into desperate prayer and improved renew.

Regarding your slow heals. Are you using powerword:shield enough? Because you should get plenty of haste from that through borrowed time. Penance does not consume borrowed time but is affected by it, so typical discipline priests that need some burst healing put a shield, cast penance on a low member and then add a slow but effective heal, in your HoL case you could use shield > penance > prayer of healing > shield > prayer of healing.

This is my discipline priest http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erspine&n=Iebe
    should you need some guidelines.

Also since you are high level tailor, put a darkglow embroidery enchant on your cloak.

Thx this helpt me alout... im gonna try this out, and no i dont use greater heal but it has happend that i have thrown one out from time to time

Deleted

Personal preference, I never use renew or desperate prayer. and the reduced spelldamage helps in some fights in ulduar.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Personal preference, I never use renew or desperate prayer. and the reduced spelldamage helps in some fights in ulduar.
    Kinda hard to use desperate prayer without speccing in it That talent IS worth a point, definetly. Saved my holy priest almost everytime I used it.

Well, as a disc priest you always have access to a cooldownless shield. Which is generally more potent than desperate prayer.

I personally never use my DP(I did spec in it).
    Although the shield doesn't heal you. It does prevent damage where it's needed. Giving yourself, or another healer time to heal you up.

Both serve the same purpose. Staying alive to survive the next burst of damage. Otherwise you can just flash heal and get it over with.

Deleted

You need to use it, I dont so I dont spec in it. All the points in discipline are pretty much fixed for every discipline priest, it is the points in holy that change to preference, but they are just to get to inspiration.

Desperate Prayer is a good spell, no argue there, but still even when I was specced for it, I never had to use it so I prefered to reduce magical damage taken even more, and there is quite a lot of magic damage flowing around ulduar. And since my guild is still learning the fights, the reduced damage helps smoothen the damage.

I used to have desperate prayer and improved renew, I loved the renew together with glyph of renew, but changed my spec when glyph of penance came out, and I never had to use desperate prayer so that went down the drain.

Depends on what content you're doing... you should never really cast Renew (if disc) so imp renew is pretty wasteful. 10% less damage on an encounter like Mimiron is quite useful, true a little situational but i'd argue if you're doing Ulduar it's more useful than imp renew.

I'd always put a point in desperate prayer though.