So, about Paladin's Protection tree..

Why exactly is it okay that it can function just as well as Holy and Retribution with the right gear?

Just took 15k in a HoJ, chained to a 5k Shield crit, and then died shortly after. CC on the Retadin was DR'd to immunity, so my partner couldn't peel. Seriously.

Re: So, about Paladin's Protection tree..

So....

I guess you forgot the accompanying screenshot?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

The most i have ever had wearing full pve gear is like 7k max in arena. I'm a rogue with 0 resil, whats your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Why exactly is it okay that it can function just as well as Holy and Retribution with the right gear?
    Because it's supposed to?

Just took 15k in a HoJ, chained to a 5k Shield crit, and then died shortly after. CC on the Retadin was DR'd to immunity, so my partner couldn't peel. Seriously.

15k damage in 6 seconds = 2.5k dps.

I've done 15k damage in a single shield slam.

I've done 3.8k dps in my BV set.

Be glad you didn't meet me instead of that other scrub.

And if he shield slammed you, he wasn't a retadin. Seriously.

... Avenger's Shield? What the hell @ Shield Slam, are you dumb?

I'm a Priest with 921 resilience and 24k health, playing in the 2200 bracket. Retadin teams were enjoyable enough without the Shield silence.

I don't screenshot every time a Paladin's shield crits me for 5k+, it's a semi-common occurence. Even Holy Paladins can get numbers close to that.

... Avenger's Shield? What the hell @ Shield Slam, are you dumb?

I'm a Priest with 921 resilience and 24k health, playing in the 2200 bracket. Retadin teams were enjoyable enough without the Shield silence.

I don't screenshot every time a Paladin's shield crits me for 5k+, it's a semi-common occurence. Even Holy Paladins can get numbers close to that.
    I've never had over a 2k sheild of rightenous crit as holy stop bullshitting.

also our "sheild slam" does not silence

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis

"I WAS FEARED INTO THE FIRE AND CURSED AND KNOCKED BACK AND MY TEARS DIDN'T WORK FOR SOEM REASON. I READ SOMEWHERE THAT THEY FAIL SOMETIMES WHEN THAT HAPPENS, MAN IT SUCKS WHEN WE JUST WIPE CUZ OF BAD LUCK HUH GUYS"
    I knew you were Ronald. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by lawladino
    I've never had over a 2k sheild of rightenous crit as holy stop bullshitting.

also our "sheild slam" does not silence
    Maybe he was talking about holy shock.

He was talking about sheild slams.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lawladino
    He was talking about sheild slams.
    Ok.

to clarify:

Avenger's Shield = shield throw, hits 3 targets and silences, ranged, scales with BV, 15s cd

Shield of Righteousness = shield slam, hits 1 target for 3 times(?) BV, melee, 6s cd

ShoR can crit easy for 6k, wings BV gear could prolly push it to 9 or 10, maybe higher since I hit 8k with nax 10 gear and wings without stacking block.