Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mace Specialization please?

As a healer, I'm constalty getting maces thrown in my face and I hate it. I have a sword collection, my 12 pound sledgehammer doesn't hang on my wall, but my Frostmorne and Master sword do.
    It was nice in wrath to finally get to use a sword after being limited to ONLY a hammer for so long. Having a hammer be better due to it being in our spells, I disagree. A paladin is a holy warrior, and as you say, swords are for warriors and DK's. Why can't the holy warrior use one?
    Finally, I must point to the Lich King. Arthas had a hammer, you can see it in the CoT run. When given the chance to get his hands on a freaking sword finally, at the cost of his very mind, he said "Yup, gimme gimme gimme!"

I'm gonna have to go with the general consensus here and say that adding a Mace Specialization talent would be a bad idea. It would limit our gear choices and eat up valuable real estate in our already crowded talent trees. I agree that Lore is important (or should be important), but WoW is a game first and foremost. I'd rather keep my options open, and let lore be damned.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

"The Blood Knights are a paladin order within the blood elves."
    - http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin

"The Blood Knights are an elite group of blood elf paladins serving as Silvermoon's equivalent of the Knights of the Silver Hand. As high elves, many were members of the Church of Light. Many later became priests and a few became paladins."
    - http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_Knights

"Lady Liadrin, formerly a priestess, had recently renounced her vows, for she felt the Light had abandoned her people. She learned of the wizards' achievement and volunteered to be the first to bend the stolen powers to her will. With her decision a new order was born: the Blood Knights. These renegade paladins are able to harness the sacred powers of the Alliance's noblest heroes."
    - http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_Knights

You may not like how they got the Holy Light, or how they weild their Holy powers, but they are still Paladins. They use the Holy light to protect their people and to uphold what they believe is noble and just.

If you want an advantage to maces as a pally, play a dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    Herod is a paladin. He uses an axe. He screams "Blades of Light!" when he seared my face off with the Holy Light. He also commands an army hell bent on killing (and re-killing) anything that moves.

Need I say more?
    Herod is a Warrior. Says so in the little box to the right.

On topic, I prefer Swords. They look better. Plus, I ain't seeing any angels with Maces, do you?

prejudices, prejudices..
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.