Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What about ele !

Well its nice to see that resto getting buffed but ,what about ele we have to share the same gear with resto an we still receive no benefit from other buffs aside our own our spell power does not increase via intellect or any other attribute what gives .

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What about ele !

They have plans for us.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

didnt you hear? we are gonna get new icons for elemental mastery and lava burst and base damage of lighning bolt will be corrected by adding 2 points of damage to lower end and 3 to higher end.

)

srsly, from PvE perspective, i would be glad for real AoE, anything else is just cherry on top for me tbh

From one elemental shaman to another:

Be patient.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by cerubus
    Well its nice to see that resto getting buffed but ,what about ele we have to share the same gear with resto an we still receive no benefit from other buffs aside our own our spell power does not increase via intellect or any other attribute what gives .

Well, from a PVP perspective they mentioned a while back about removing the stam penalty from shaman that they implemented so long about they don't even remember why. That should help survivability. I think maybe 1 other buff to our survivability in some regard might make us viable. For pve, I don't think ele is that bad at all, it could use some buffs, but it doesn't require a major buff or anything imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nd

Well, from a PVP perspective they mentioned a while back about removing the stam penalty from shaman that they implemented so long about they don't even remember why. That should help survivability. I think maybe 1 other buff to our survivability in some regard might make us viable. For pve, I don't think ele is that bad at all, it could use some buffs, but it doesn't require a major buff or anything imo.
    I guess but. as a pve shaman raider id like to see us actually get some uses from other buffs. it seems we provide a lot more to other classes and don't really get anything in return. Sounds kinda selfish lol but come on give us some scaling from attributes not buff our spells so our dmg output stays the same.

all i would want to have for pvp is more base helth and more mobility and ofc end totem stomping macros..
    and for pve that nice totem bar.. some ranged aoe (not counting CL)... and istant ghost wolf available indors

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    from PvE perspective, i would be glad for real AoE, anything else is just cherry on top for me tbh
    What I think they should do is give us a earthquake like Thrall had in WC3
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    stop being stupid.
    seriously, thats like buying crack from a dealer and then realizing you bought baking powder and running to your friends shouting WTF I GOT SCAMMED BY THE BAD MEN!

Quote Originally Posted by DonSnorrlione
    What I think they should do is give us a earthquake like Thrall had in WC3
    same thinking look at arthquake topic.. its been discused there

i have noticed a huge difference in DPS when theres a 2de elemental shaman in the raid dropping wrath totem.
    i ges searging and/or magma realy give's me the DPS boost i need to keep up with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    i would be glad for real AoE
    wouldnt all shamans be glad?
    My Achievement-Site

Click for my Armory

Enhancer are like ventilators. You can easily turn them off (CC), but you should never put your head right into them while they are keep running.

Poor ele :'(

10+ Year Old Account

ok as an ele shammy i feel all your pain on the wanting a good AoE, but yet blizz have us one. I know its not ranged and it involves not dropping our wrath totem but magma totem does amazing damage. i satrted using it on trash pulls in a fun 10 man naxx we ran and OMG were the numbers showing. i saw 1550-1750 per tick per mob. And lets face it, trash dies so fast that its not worth dropping many totems just to recall them.

15+ Year Old Account

they better boost ele fast! (lvling an alt for ele)

Quote Originally Posted by Silph
    ok as an ele shammy i feel all your pain on the wanting a good AoE, but yet blizz have us one. I know its not ranged and it involves not dropping our wrath totem but magma totem does amazing damage. i satrted using it on trash pulls in a fun 10 man naxx we ran and OMG were the numbers showing. i saw 1550-1750 per tick per mob. And lets face it, trash dies so fast that its not worth dropping many totems just to recall them.
    this is so true, lvl 60 ele here and already have 4k total dmg done to a number of 5/6 mobs. not even sure if i had all crits.

imagine it in naxx/ulduar gear and specced into it + a 2nd ele shaman for totemz. would be awesome *goes dreaming*

10+ Year Old Account

imagine it in naxx/ulduar gear and specced into it + a 2nd ele shaman for totemz. would be awesome *goes dreaming*
    naxx trash is way different from ulduar trash, the magma totem isn't too usefull in there, some spots yes, but not many

has been suggested often, but just put the ToW buff on every firetotem, not to imba in pvp and helps in pve without beeing OP i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Silph
    those 1600+ are crits, not hits, and even tho we have decent crit rates, magma is nowhere as strong as other classes aoe

its pretty good for enhas, since they already are in melee range and dont waste basically anything by dropping it, apart from GCD, it doesnt reset swing timer or anything, but for eles, it has 3 downsides

1. we have to give up ToW, which, in most cases is not worth it for overall raid dps
    2. we have to run into melee range, drop magma and run away, since we are way more fragile in melee ranges than melee classes/specs
    2.5. magma is immobile, if tank moves for whatever reason (void zones or whatever), we have to, again, run into melee, drop totem and run back, loosing even more damage
    3. its damage, even combined with CL and TS on CD, is wayyy lower than any other class aoeing

only upside is, that we can do other things, while magma is pulsing, unlike all channeled aoes, but when there is aoe duty, there arent other things to do for dps, apart from occasional interrupting caster mobs, but that imho hardly justifies our weakness in aoe department

Am i the only one that isnt at all too fused with our 'lack of' AOE, i think its ok, sure im not saying its the best or most ideal ofc it isn't but when is it u most use aoe?...trash and tbh who cares who can top the meters after trash mobs? its the bosses that count imo, and also if blizz gave shammys a channeled Aoe then we will just get to the point in the near future of every class doing the same thing. i like the fact some classes are better aoe'ers than others

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwavez
    Am i the only one that isnt at all too fused with our 'lack of' AOE, i think its ok, sure im not saying its the best or most ideal ofc it isn't but when is it u most use aoe?...trash and tbh who cares who can top the meters after trash mobs? its the bosses that count imo, and also if blizz gave shammys a channeled Aoe then we will just get to the point in the near future of every class doing the same thing. i like the fact some classes are better aoe'ers than others
    Parts of the following ALL require AOE at some point during the fight

Razorscale
    XT-Deconstructor
    Kologarn
    Auriya
    Thorim
    Freya
    Mimiron

So how is it that you can say that Shamans lacking AOE is not hindering our DPS on these fights?

I see where you are coming from that MOST AOE situations is trash, but not all. Hell they even gave Rogues an AOE.

I really do not have so much problems with "lack" of AOE. Things get sorted out fi you use your shaman 110%