Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.2 Raid - Enter the Crusaders’ Coliseum

aw man. i hope the alliance armor isn't all fuckin gay. shoulda gone horde.

Any guesses on what the encounters will be like? I am voting for a single, scripted encounter, much like a gladiator fight.

Announcer introduces the players and opens their entry gate, players walk in, and gate closes behind them. Perhaps a weak trash wave or two, then first boss, stronger trash wave, second boss, etc.

Last boss is Black Knight infused with Frost energy and will resemble Arthas encounter.

failoth: Gay like PVP 60 gay or gay like Paladin T5 gay?

*EDIT* I like that idea Nulgar. Giant raid version of Black Morass/Violet Hold.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bathazar
    I'm satisfied. Still seems pretty cool.

They did not mention t9 so all those who came to qq about the coliseum having the t9. Don't. It will come with icecrown.
    Aside from the very bottom line that says new tier, right?

They've done things like this before. Think AQ sets.
    That somehow doesn't make it a tier?

In fact, our current tiers are just as many pieces as they were :P
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

This makes me really sad. Like....People haven't even had much time to do Hard Modes in Ulduar except the top tier guilds in the world. I GET wanting to make encounters harder, but I was hoping they would be more like Black Temple hard. Where every fight is a no-downs check and you have to pay attention, but it's all very doable with skill as opposed to every fight being like Sunwell where only top tier guilds ever get to see it.

I hope 3.2 is a ways off....This is nowhere near enough time to get our Proto-drakes...

Much needed additions to the game, patch seems cool.

Still though,

TBC raiding structure was vastly superior to WotLK.

Kara, Magtheridon, Maulgore/Grull, SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, SWP, and a tonne of CHALLENGING 5 mans.
    Compared to
    Easy mode level 60 instance, soloable 5 mans (yes they are that easy), 2 dragons, 1 new raid instance

Moar variety neeeeded in WotLK, but at least this is a step in the right direction.
    4 "versions" of the same dungeon is laughable tho, and simply a cover up to lack of original raid content.

Urgh.. I can imagine achievements already where you need to kill each boss for w/e mode, and it's random...

i.e.

Achievement #1 = killed all 5 bosses in 10m Normal
    Achievement #2 = killed all 5 bosses in 25m Normal
    Achievement #3 = killed all 5 bosses in 10m Heroic
    Achievement #4 = killed all 5 bosses in 25m Heroic

Fun

15+ Year Old Account

it does feel like they are rushing the game now. mostly imo because they are making it too easy. so what do they do to make players stay playing longer?

1) encourage alt leveling, mount changes, new +xp items etc. 2) make instances easier giving you time to run said alts in a raid lockout 3) put timers on hardmodes so you can't faceroll through them in 4hrs of attempts 4) make multiple lockouts of the same instance to promote going into it multiple times on your main and alts.

just my opinion but they want people to play the game w/o playing the game as it was previously. i enjoy the game or i should say the concepts and lore, but the gameplay is going out the window. i will continue to play why because its something i've grown used to doing and gives a little down time in the week but its almost not worth the effort to raid if they keep pushing content on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I hear that a lot.
    too often i hear

I expect good things from the Tier gear, being horde and alliance specific seems like a really great idea.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I hear that a lot.
    hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleom
    This makes me really sad. Like....People haven't even had much time to do Hard Modes in Ulduar except the top tier guilds in the world. I GET wanting to make encounters harder, but I was hoping they would be more like Black Temple hard. Where every fight is a no-downs check and you have to pay attention, but it's all very doable with skill as opposed to every fight being like Sunwell where only top tier guilds ever get to see it.

I hope 3.2 is a ways off....This is nowhere near enough time to get our Proto-drakes...
    Unfortunately, the majority of today's raiders are the casual raiders, which raid 1-2 times a week for a few hours, and of them possibly up to 70% are capable of grasping the concepts within the first few tries. These raiders spend months getting Naxx to clear status in 10 man normal, and probably will never be able to/get to ever clear a Hard version of the raid dungeon. Also, Naxx is the entry raid. All raid dungeons are going to be at LEAST that hard (which is laughably easy if you have a really good group). Haven't done Ulduar yet but I have heard it's more challenging than Naxx, so I am happy for now...

I estimate that the PTR is two weeks to two months out (if they find massive bugs internally and stall to fix them), based on the general flow of them releasing information to turning out a new PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazhra
    I estimate that the PTR is two weeks to two months out (if they find massive bugs internally and stall to fix them), based on the general flow of them releasing information to turning out a new PTR.
    Ya.

And when PTR is up, it will be another 4-8 weeks before it comes live aswell.
    Plenty of time to get drakes done yet.

Deleted

I hear that a lot.
    You need to practice on the breathing, it's all in the breathing.

New tier of armor and weapons that are modeled with Alliance- or Horde-specific themes

YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5 Weeks to complete a raid? This has to be the most stupid idea that I have ever heard. Besides the certain amount of attempts thing, that's also terrible considering that not everyone has the best internet/computer/etc, so it will be a problem if the fights are super hard and allow no room for error or complications.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    Aside from the very bottom line that says new tier, right?

That somehow doesn't make it a tier?

In fact, our current tiers are just as many pieces as they were :P
    Teir doesn't always mean teir sets (ie gronnstalker) but a new level of gear. They also said a new teir of weapons and we all tlknow there isn't a teir set for weapons.

Another example: ZA. It was another teir of loot (loot of another ilvl than previous gear) but still did not contain any sets.

There's a total of 5 bosses in the raid... So each one will have drop a piece of tier loot. No it won't because t9 is being released with Icecrown Citadel like planned.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

So, here's a crazy thought.

The blue post says "with each encounter being unlocked one week at a time," and everyone has just assumed that this means a single encounter will be available each week. But perhaps this suggests something more akin to the way that the Shattered Sun Offensive was released to us... in stages, but once a stage is unlocked, it is available indefinitely.

So Week #1 of 3.2 would give us Boss A. During Week #2, we'd get Boss B, but we'd still be able to kill Boss A, and so on, until after five weeks, the Coliseum is a five-boss place every week...

My question, though, is why specify a regular and a heroic mode for 10- and 25-man. I mean, don't we already have that, unofficially, with the hard modes of specific bosses? I suppose this may be necessary, though, to enable the Tribute system...

Quote Originally Posted by inpariswithyou
    So, here's a crazy thought.

The blue post says "with each encounter being unlocked one week at a time," and everyone has just assumed that this means a single encounter will be available each week. But perhaps this suggests something more akin to the way that the Shattered Sun Offensive was released to us... in stages, but once a stage is unlocked, it is available indefinitely.
    I'm not sure if that is what they mean, but it would be nice. Maybe they will clarify it for us. Still a little overkill and I don't think that there would be much of a point for them to do it the way you say.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

"Each of the Heroic mode instances has a new tribute system that will limit players on the number of attempts they get in the Coliseum each week to present a greater challenge for the most battle-hardened heroes."

What a load of crap. How does this make things more challenging? Carrot on a fucking stick. Truly pathetic. You guys are ruining this game.

Where did they mention that T9 was only going to be coming with Icecrown?

inparis: Good catch! They could keep adding new bosses with small content patches while they build Icecrown Citadel and any additional major tier dungeons they add.