Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Re: Do mages need to get buffed, or nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapeeno
    @schwarzkopf
    We have some a few very good mages and more often than not they're topping the meters

seems to be a matter of gear
    with same gear and skills an elemental sham or moonkin can push better dps at singletarget

but at all, this topic is a waste of time
    and so are 99% of all answers i ve read on the very first page

10+ Year Old Account

Nerfed tbh.
    http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5089/nerfplx.jpg
    This is why. I'm only 78, in 5 parts Frostsavage and with max 1.7k SP with trinket used, so it's kinda irrelevant.
    But I haven't seen those numbers from anything or anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

If you have to ask, then they are probably pretty balanced right now...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    I actually have to say we should be buffed SLIGHTLY higher to be able to beat combat rogues.

We wear cloth < They wear leather

We use mana < They use energy

We have one stun if we specc into a 51 point build of frost < They have zillions of stunlocks

We are ranged ? They are melee. *this is questionable on PVP/PVE*

We have Iceblock < They have Evasion, Cloak of Godmode, Instant "Invis" without need of 3 talent points, etc.

'nuff said? I honestly think because of all of the above that Mages should be higher dps than Rogues.
    You really get me mad faggot. First im not rogue. You wear cloth, but you have barrier which absorbs 4k dmg and everytime frost nova when its down..(especially as a hunter you have a fucking fire barrier against my ES) . Lawl they use energy, you use mana. You have evocation which even restores your hp (glyphed yeah..rofl). You have 1 stun, they have 2..Scrubnub You are ranged and they are melee. Warlocks & Mages do at the moment incredible dmg, it must be nerfed. No need to talk about arcane mage at the moment i talk about frost one. You have iceblock, he have cos,evasion. If he doesn't have evasion he can be simply 2 hitted by any class. Especially Ret/Warr/or even a DK when he have a cd on cos.Pls stfu mage need to be nerfed alot. Damage, all the frost nova shits, sheep dimishing return aswell mage & priest is op.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Right now nobody needs a nerf. Blizz might as well leave things be for now cause everything will changed in Catacalism. Which I hope is 6 months tops after the release of IC.
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

Arcane definitely needs a nerf.
    Fire is fine where it is.
    Frost is fine as a PvP Spec.

I'm quite surprised to see so many mages say they are fine where they are when its not abnormal to pull 10k+ dps by simply spamming 1 button.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tott

I'm quite surprised to see so many mages say they are fine where they are when its not abnormal to pull 10k+ dps by simply spamming 1 button.
    2 buttons bro, 2 buttons. kinda curious though, did you post this in SWP when it took locks 1 button to pull 2-3k dps?
    BfA Beta Time

i laugh at all mages who think they need buffs and say they can barely get in the top 10 dps. They have the highest dps of near any class on a lot of fights. Want to argue?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/8/0/3 go and QQ more

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tynave
    i laugh at all mages who think they need buffs and say they can barely get in the top 10 dps. They have the highest dps of near any class on a lot of fights. Want to argue?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/8/0/3 go and QQ more
    so you base your argument on the fact that mages are top DPS on two fights which heavily favor mages? no wai!!!
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    so you base your argument on the fact that mages are top DPS on two fights which heavily favor mages? no wai!!!
    by 2 fights im sure you mean all fights that dont involve lots of aoe. i could count all content not just ToC if youd like. Anything single target mages blow up. Well sorry i mean good mages.

10+ Year Old Account

by 2 fights im sure you mean all fights that dont involve lots of aoe. i could count all content not just ToC if youd like. Anything single target mages blow up. Well sorry i mean good mages.
    cool story bro

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

qft ...

Quote Originally Posted by tott

Because CLEARLY you can spam 1 button that drains 2-3k mana everytime you press it for the course of a 5 minute fight. AMIRITE???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew <=== to you sir.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account

the link you posted argues with you though.
    BfA Beta Time

In pvp?

Arcane needs to be brought back to where it was before they nerfed it.

Frost needs to lose some defensive CDs and gain some offensive ones. Survival is great, too bad you can't really kill anything with a healer attached to it.

Fire just needs to be changed to a healing tree. Fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by lethål
    Mages havn't been buffed or nerfed for so long. Right now it just seems that mages aren't OP or UP (underpowered and im not sure if UP is even a real abbreviation ???) I think it's time for mages to get a buff because I dont think they have ever really been OP. Im hoping so for 3.2 And i really hope they dont just leave mages the same again
    basically they are at a good place atm i.e BALANCED!

give mages more dmg reduce abilities in pvp, and maybe a slight nerf to arcane in pve, and ofc as always buff frost dmg both in pve and pvp.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Arcane probably is due a slight nerf to un do the changes. Personally I think it should be that at 4 stacks of AB debuff the mana cost for an extra blast is insanely high (4k mana or something) so that if you reach 4 stacks without an Mbarr proc then you fire off an a barr and not just mindlessly cast ab, maybe make mbarr procs reduce mana cost by 50% rather than make it free.

Fire right now i think is fine, if arcane is brought down it will be a viable pve spec, I'd like to see some cool mechanic with aoe (i.e flamestrike spreads living bomb).

Frost is getting the neccessary pve buffs although I hope frost never tops fire/arcane or else every mage will only ever use the frost tree.

Regarding pvp I think were fine.

15+ Year Old Account

if you think fire is fine, then arcane is fine too since the difference between DPS isn't as high as some think, but it is enough to make arcane the top spec.
    BfA Beta Time