Thread: easy cheese

easy cheese

there are a lot of DK tree druid teams it seems that have realised that if the DK spams desecration all around a pillar, and the tree just runs in circles over and over around that pillar, that they get tons of free easy skill free wins. To the point where there rating is ballooned much much higher than there actual skill lvl is at. Even top rated mage rogue teams that are very highly skilled, know what to do when lichborne is popped, and have excellent blast barrage, kidney, counterspell or deep freeze, shatter, counterspell timing, lose too. It either requires one team to have amazing RNG luck, or the others very very simple cheesey easy (so easy your grandma could do it) strategy to win. WTB more depth, strategy, and skill requirement for the DK tree to win.

Re: easy cheese

Don't we all mate :P

isn't running around a pillar cheesy in the first place?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    isn't running around a pillar cheesy in the first place?
    to LOS a cast, and then to come out at the right time and do the right ability, that can lead to wins you deserve, because you are aware, and timing is crucial. A good priest on a priest rogue team will pop a bubble on there rogue, step behind a pillar during a mages sheep cast, come out the other side, cast more heals and bubbles till the mage gets there to cast sheep again, then the priest will make a move behind the pillar, the mage can blink into position, frost nova/slow, counterspell, POM sheep, the priest can dispell, fear, or bubble the rogue again before sheep hits him, trinket etc etc...basically the point is, its a skillful combination of moves and counters thats interesting and fun. The tree druid literally just runs in a circle, thats it, see the difference between a chess match and just some ass running in circles with a smile on his face knowing its going to win the match and his rating is going to look a lot better than he deserves?

damn pole humpers
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

I'm surprise we don't have any "special people" coming in here spaming l2p, but ya so true ;P

omgl2pn00b 8)

With that said, I think the DK class brings out the worst in us.

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    ...Even top rated mage rogue teams that are very highly skilled, know what to do when lichborne is popped
    I have an aspiring mage. What does a mage/rogue team do as reaction to lichborne?

Deleted

Chrion...

You recently renamed your forum username, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Chrion...

You recently renamed your forum username, didn't you?
    no, its been my toons name for 4 years, and this is the only name ive used here.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaron
    I have an aspiring mage. What does a mage/rogue team do as reaction to lichborne?
    have an addon like spell alerter so if he pops it right before combat you invis, and hide till its over, if they pop it in the middle of combat you reset the fight, invis if you can or ice block to wait it out, if he has already trinketed a sheep, blind when its over and go for another cheap shot kidney into counterspell burst kill on the druid. At that point if the druid gets out of the mages LOS on blast or frostbolt cast, or the mage and rogue dont get lucky RNG boom booms on the duid its over, back to the druid running in circles and the dk spamming desecration. Even if the rogue mage manages all this perfectly, they can still lose to the easy cheese.

oh, and through all this we have won a few of these matchups even though the overall % is losing, yesterday in what seemed like a sure loss, my rogue partner in desperation called for a quick switch, the druid fell off the side of the platform in dalaran sewers, we burst down the dk, and my rogue died at the same moment. So here I am low on mana and health, the druids low on mana, hes a moron and pops innervate out in the open completely in my LOS WITHOUT BARKSKIN ON! I spam spellsteal 3 times and im completely OOM, i got thorns, mark of the wild, and something else, then died. Spellsteal is not a "smart" spell like it should be of course, he could have travel formed behind a pillar, or cycloned, and then innervate. The fact that he used it in the open with no barkskin and just stood there in front of me means hes dumb, and deserves to get it spellstolen and lose the match. One tiny little slipup and we lose, but he can just run in circles for 3 minutes and play sloppy and win...

How is that different than hunter+druid spamming frost traps all around a pillar, or shaman+druid with constant earthbind totem, or warrior+druid spamming piercing howl, or rogue+druid spamming fan of knives with crippling poison? (not sure that rogue one works, but whatever they can just shiv crippling on you both anyway...)

Any AoE snare is going to let a druid kite all day because they can shift out of roots and snares.

Aren't druids always hard to deal with as rogue+mage? Or is it just because DKs have so many defensive cooldowns that you can't zerg him down in a sap+blind+counter-spell chain?

because hunter/shaman/warrior is less scary then dk ;P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Aren't druids always hard to deal with as rogue+mage? Or is it just because DKs have so many defensive cooldowns that you can't zerg him down in a sap+blind+counter-spell chain?
    Since wotlk and the skill tree it is impossible to sap a druid I've never seen one switching into caster form at the beginning (I'm playing rogue/druid 2.5k mmr). Without a doubt the hardest matchup for us is dk/druid, we won twice against another very high rated team just by switching constantly, but this is only possible on certain maps. Let the enemy druid roll all hots on his dk, then switch. After the druid has everything on himself, switch again. It sounds simple, but it isn't due to chains of skill, skill grip, skilleration on the ground and the insane dmg of a skill knight.