Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New Raid Emblems

Maybe the tier drops will come for the tribute runs from the heroic versions of the 10/25 man?

English is not my main language, but I try!

Remember this won't be next week or so. As stated earlier they will bring new gear, and also remember;

A noob with epic gear is still a noob.

A friend of mind discussed this at length, and we think we understand what Blizzard is doing.

Think carefully about who this will really benefit. The "bad" players? Not really. The Casuals? Well, who cares if casuals get T8 without raiding because, obviously, those people are not staying out of raids because their gear isn't that good.

This is aimed at Alts and those late to the party for one reason or another. You level an Alt to 80, and now you have to try to get enough Naxx groups together to get him/her geared so that you can run Uldaur, then run Ulduar enough so that you can run the new raid?

The problem there is that it's going to be really hard to get Naxx groups together in most guilds, since most of the raiders are going to be busy with the new raid and/or Ulduar. Coming late to the raiding party is very, very difficult because you find that the gap between you and the rest of the raiders constantly gets bigger, not smaller. You're left in the end waiting for nostalgia runs or the next expansion.

And gearing for Ulduar in Naxx is NOT a 1 week effort. You don't get all the drops you need every time. It takes a while, and with a lot of guilds running Naxx maybe 2-4 times per month for one night each run, gearing up can take an eternity. All the while the raid you're trying to catch up to is getting farther and farther out of reach. Now make it worse by adding yet another raid at the end of that, and now it's hard to get Uldaur groups and Naxx has become the next best thing to impossible.

It's easier to get 5 people together for a gear-up run than 10 or 25 by far. This will give those alts and late comers a chance to catch up to their raiding buddies and jump into the fray.

Now, the side effect is that casuals can get better gear, but how much? You can only get a few pieces with badges. It's not like someone in quest greens can, in one week, suddenly be purpled out in 213 level gear.

If this really is aimed towards alts, why would an alt need to be max geared?

um so you have an alt that can heal/tank when needed
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

I kind of gave up already. Who cares if they have shiny new gear. Someone farming Heroics only and can't get out of the fire, STILL will not be able to get out of the fire with these shiny new pieces of armor.

remember those of you who are saying the colosseum is not the next tier, that you will have 4 weekly resets for it, 10/25/10heroic/25heroic. it IS the new tier. thats 10 or 20 bosses a week if you do em all, easily enough loot.

Riiight. You do realise that made no sense, right?

I highly doubt the CC will be T9. There's not enough bosses to do it (i.e. a full clear can equal a full tier set, like it is currently in Naxx and Ulduar). If it was, we'd have something like :

CC.10Norm - T9.10
    CC.10Hard - T9.10H (if tiered, may not be like Uld)
    CC.25Norm - T9.25
    CC.25Hard - T9.25H (if tiered, may not be like Uld)

Now, there's not a huge difference between current TX.10 and TX.25, therefore the difference between 9.10, 9.10H and 9.25 will be basically nothing.

Simply put, there's not enough bosses to make it a viable option. ZA had 5 bosses, and not a single tier piece. The gear there was an alternative to gear from TBC end-game, or like how AQ wasn't tiered, just an alternative. I don't see why the Crusader Colliseum would be any different from this. The way it currently is means there's 2-3 bosses per tier piece. With the CC, it would be 1 boss per piece.

I'll wager 10g it's a non-tiered raid.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Guess you guys forgot about how Sunwell added Tier Loot huh?

15+ Year Old Account

A new *tier* of gear will be added but not a *tier set*, will most likely be something like the gear from sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    Guess you guys forgot about how Sunwell added Tier Loot huh?
    Well, only 3/8 pieces

Can someone just clarify this for me, please. Before 2.4, could you only get 5/8 T6 pieces? That's the only way I can see it in my head.

Still sticking with my theory.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    Nice U-turn Blizzard, I seem to remember you repeatedly stating you didn't want people farming easy content for top gear.

:
    When 3.2 goes live, T8 will not be top gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    Well, only 3/8 pieces

Can someone just clarify this for me, please. Before 2.4, could you only get 5/8 T6 pieces? That's the only way I can see it in my head.

Still sticking with my theory.
    You didn't need more then 4 to get the set bonus and there was 5 pieces. With Sunwell you kept 1 of the old pieces, used the new three and replaced the rest with new sunwell epics.

IE for Colossieum, they could add bracers/belt/boots as set pieces you would get, you would keep ONE of your old tier pieces and the rest is just other gear that replaces your old T8.

So yeah... 5 bosses is enough. Badge Loot + Normal and Heroic means it's completely possible to have a ton if not all BiS items for every slot.

Wow you guys QQ a lot. They are pushing out 3.2 relatively fast, how many people have done Yogg yet and it's going to hit the PTR soon? Well, I know a lot of guilds have downed Yogg, but still some pretty solid guilds who haven't.

Alts, casuals, people coming late... They now get to have a few pieces of gear which is still a full tier level behind current raids! I'm an elemental shaman and there's 2 piece from Conquest badges I want. My T8.5 helm (which I have) and my T8.5 chest (I have a nice 226 already, and 4 piece bonus, so not a big deal)...

Is it REALLY a big deal if people get a couple items? I could understand if they offered a helm, neckpiece, chest, cloak, legs, gloves, bracers, trinkets, rings, weapons, shields, idols, etc from Conquest badges but they don't. They offer a couple of pieces for everyone. Big deal. If you see a guy in 200 ilvl blues and TWO pieces of 226 loot, are you gonna bring him in your raid and have him hold you back? Don't believe so. But it'll help those people who are behind and running naxx 25 to catch up, whether it be late comers or alts (like my DK I'm lvling cus we can't find a good DK tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Horcoff
    Wow you guys QQ a lot. They are pushing out 3.2 relatively fast, how many people have done Yogg yet and it's going to hit the PTR soon? Well, I know a lot of guilds have downed Yogg, but still some pretty solid guilds who haven't.

Alts, casuals, people coming late... They now get to have a few pieces of gear which is still a full tier level behind current raids! I'm an elemental shaman and there's 2 piece from Conquest badges I want. My T8.5 helm (which I have) and my T8.5 chest (I have a nice 226 already, and 4 piece bonus, so not a big deal)...

Is it REALLY a big deal if people get a couple items? I could understand if they offered a helm, neckpiece, chest, cloak, legs, gloves, bracers, trinkets, rings, weapons, shields, idols, etc from Conquest badges but they don't. They offer a couple of pieces for everyone. Big deal. If you see a guy in 200 ilvl blues and TWO pieces of 226 loot, are you gonna bring him in your raid and have him hold you back? Don't believe so. But it'll help those people who are behind and running naxx 25 to catch up, whether it be late comers or alts (like my DK I'm lvling cus we can't find a good DK tank).
    Agreed...I think a lot of WoW players have gotten too caught up in this whole elitist culture of being pro and noobish that they forget it is a game that is meant for everyone to enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    100% a guess here but here's what i'm thinking:
    10 man reg: Valor
    25 man reg: Conquest
    10 man heroic: Conquest
    25 man heroic: New Emblem

Edit: OR they may be something special like champion's seal that are Argent Tourney specific. Kinda leaning towards this actually.
    FAAIL the emblem of valor - emblem of herosim is removed and replaced with conquest in the normal raid in this new raid there are only gonna be the new raid emblems but they will only drop in daily dungeon quest and the 25 man version - 10 man

I honestly dont know why everyone is complaining about this... Personaly, I almost never buy badge gear other then for offspecs and the 1-2 ocasional pieces (Tier if I havent got it yet...) In general, the badge gear sucks, and apart from a few pieces, completely worthless to raiders. So yeah, let the scrubs get decked out with badge gear, and they will still be scrubs as it wont cover every piece of gear, wich will leave them with nice blues and greens.

Only thing this change really does it help people who have started raiding, and are missing a couple pieces that they can no longer get due to no one wanting to run the old instances, or running into constant fail pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxxkie
    FAAIL the emblem of valor - emblem of herosim is removed and replaced with conquest in the normal raid in this new raid there are only gonna be the new raid emblems but they will only drop in daily dungeon quest and the 25 man version - 10 man
    Call it a hunch, but you seem like the kind of person who would only read the first couple posts and immediately make a post pointing out someone's error without realizing that you're making a larger error than the post in question.