Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No PvP Spriest buffs in 3.2...

Kinda lame I guess...

Re: No PvP Spriest buffs in 3.2...

They failed more than once.
    So before failing again, they thought better to not even try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    You expected any?
    didn't really "expected" tbh , but it would had been wellcome

Sad only thing they addressed is the mana burn fear nerf ...with some many other classes getting changed, it would have been nice to see something, #$%^&*() anything really.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

Its the first day of patch notes, hopefully they'll address some shit later since they've had the Q&A thread up on the priest forums for a while now.

/bumping this one!!
    ??? ??? ???
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. The other effects of resilience (reducing critical chance, critical damage and mana drain effects) have not changed

We did get a damage buff with DoT's, as so did other classes, but I don't see how we will even survive to see them tick, still.

Actually if I read it right damage from critting dots will be lowered twice after this change, which you could see as a nerf. I'll hardly be whining about that though when the change to all the non-dot damage will help me so much.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    Actually if I read it right damage from critting dots will be lowered twice after this change, which you could see as a nerf. I'll hardly be whining about that though when the change to all the non-dot damage will help me so much.
    I can't remember the last time i crit someone in pvp as a shadowpriest. 12% crit in crit pvp outfit... FTL.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I critted a resto druid 2 days ago in pvp gear + pvp spec (shadow). It was after 7th minute. Recount showed exactly ONE mind flay crit. We dueled for fun outside of IF, it wasn't an arena match (because I'd be dead after 20 seconds or less).

I crit people with dots like sometimes. Occasionally. Twice out of all the 3s games i have done i double crit MB/SWD along with dot ticks for a quick win against a double healer warrior team and the other time against a retadin in a game we would have otherwise lost. Was great i'm sure they were mad. I think i have 20% ish crit in my pvp gear. But i wear full satin and dominance offsets where i don't have to wear hit. Also a darkmoon death card, so i have more crit than i need, but really i don't see much of a strong cause for any other stat, sadly.

I lost track of the topic with the thread derail hurr. Yes, i was also very miffed when i saw nothing for shadow, at all. It's not like we need a lot, just a few small things that would go a great great distance.

Shadow Priest started very nice at the begining of Wotlk. At the end of xpack, they will be smashed to the ground again. > No jug with gold coins for SP at the end of that rainbow.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    Shadow Priest started very nice at the begining of Wotlk. At the end of xpack, they will be smashed to the ground again. > No jug with gold coins for SP at the end of that rainbow.
    This statement can be widened to the whole of WoW.

Vanilla: Shadowpriests rock the battlefields, tank the melees and melt faces everywhere
    TBC: Fallen from glory, but still at least viable
    Wrath: completely utterly destroyed my everything with a close combat weapon (which includes rogues with the starting 1-2dps dagger I suppose)
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    Erm, Shadow has been broken for about 3 years. It was not fine at the beginning of WotLK.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Erm, Shadow has been broken for about 3 years. It was not fine at the beginning of WotLK.
    Agree. We get stomped, crushed and molested in arena while our parter just watch and moan. I mean all of the viable setups have ways to either out heal our dots, kill us before we can even dot, or just completely remove them.

Yes, the "dispel protection" they added to VT was just silly. Dispel protection is supposed to make them think twice about dispelling your DoTs, and possibly heal through them instead of dispelling. But since ours hits for so little and has no other negative effects, they can spam cleanse and just heal the little damage they take from it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aul&n=Bradbury

This shadow priest is from my server of Dunemaul, before WotLK came, he was feared by everyone!

He has 140 HK's, NO ONE could beat him.

Everyone in the server looked up to him as the best pvper in server. WotLK came out, he just... left. Rerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aul&n=Bradbury

This shadow priest is from my server of Dunemaul, before WotLK came, he was feared by everyone!

He has 140 HK's, NO ONE could beat him.

Everyone in the server looked up to him as the best pvper in server. WotLK came out, he just... left. Rerolled.
    Yeah i hear Battlegrounds and 2's with a rogue were pretty serious in BC.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

You seem really proud of your achievement.

Deleted

wondering:

- flat damage is DEcreased on resiliance targets (cough, us, cough)
    - DoT damage is not afflicted by this change

ad 1) our biggest enemy is hudge power nukes. Voila.
    ad 2) Shadowword: pain, Dev. Plague and mindflay are considered Dots (although the last one theoraticly is a channel of course) => does more damage now (relative)

or... am I mistaken somewhere?