Thread: Holy Paladin

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Holy Paladin

Looks like we haz gettings buffz.

Woot! We not have a hot to place on the tank! =D So happy right now, this will help so much specially on the Vezax fight, not only that I might actually spec into divinity / Divine Guardian now (as soon as its out obviously)

I can already think of the possibilities, Flash of light the MT till you get the hot to proc, and then switch to raid healing with beacon of light up (100% heal, even over healing)

<3 Blizz untill they actually test these changes and nerf them.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Healsofhell
    <3 Blizz untill they actually test these changes and nerf them.
    ^

Maybe you should read further down:

Divine Intellect: This talent now gives 2/4/6/8/10% increased intellect instead of 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Illumination: This talent now returns 30% of the mana cost of the spell instead of 60%.
    We were not buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    Maybe you should read further down:

We were not buffed.
    Mp5 on gear has been buffed, making it not a downgrade now. (25% more of it)

Crit has been nerfed, Mp5 has been buffed.

and what, now i'll be at 29k instead of 31k mana?

basically, we were not nerfed, we just need more mp5 now which never was bad to take in the first place...it's just much more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    basically, we were not nerfed, we just need more mp5 now which never was bad to take in the first place...it's just much more useful.
    This.

Why don't you guys just play shamans?

Why don't you guys just play shamans?
    If I wanted to be a shaman, I'd be a shaman. No thanks.

Justifying mp5 over crit is shammy talk. If you're using mp5 as a holy pally now, I feel sorry for you.

How can they justify buffing beacon as a reason to nerf illumination? Why not just leave both alone? The idea is to make us more versatile, but maybe I like my niche as a MT healer. It's not glamorous, but who cares. We get the job done and that's all that matters.

Give us 2 healing trees (like priests have) and we can get around this. You play your mp5 FoL tree and I'll play my crit HL tree. kk?

Justifying mp5 over crit is shammy talk. If you're using mp5 as a holy pally now, I feel sorry for you.

How can they justify buffing beacon as a reason to nerf illumination? Why not just leave both alone? The idea is to make us more versatile, but maybe I like my niche as a MT healer. It's not glamorous, but who cares. We get the job done and that's all that matters.

Give us 2 healing trees (like priests have) and we can get around this. You play your mp5 FoL tree and I'll play my crit HL tree. kk?
    There was more like than dislike, so we got changed. Its not even so much a nerf, rather than a change of playstyle.

throw up the hot, then heal the raid.

Even with the illum nerf, you can still go a while spamming HL, it just won't be an every GCD type thing anymore.

Only nerfed if you are a HL spammer, which is just lame.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Divine Intellect nerf prolly hurts the most right now as it reduces a good chunk of spellpower/mana/crit. SIGH.

Again, would you rather just spam HL forever?
    mp5 was a main stat for a holy pally in BC. I'm perfectly okay needing it again.
    The buff to beacon was not the reason for the nerf to illumination.
    If you had been paying attention, you would have seen the illumination nerf coming MONTHS ago. Hence my stockpiled mp5 gear.

God forbid we actually have to think about what we cast instead of mindlessly spamming HL, right?
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    God forbid we actually have to think about what we cast instead of mindlessly spamming HL, right?
    I like this change. I get to pay attention in raids now instead of facerolling and using arrow keys to run out of fire.

yeah, i'll just wait till the tank takes dmg before i start healing him.

oh shit he got hit twice in a row and we wiped, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by superficial

Thats why you now have a hot. And you can still flash spam on downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by superficial

What did you ever do when we couldn't spam max rank HL all day?

Many paladins in the world's best raiding guilds use mp5 and spec into Divine Guardian(*cough, ensidia), especially for certain hard mode fights. Get with the times. kk?

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    What did you ever do when we couldn't spam max rank HL all day?
    used rank 9