Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New Tidal Wave sucks. [PvP]

Hard. I mean, it's the only talent, spell, possibility, for a shaman wishing to heal in pvp, to survive being focus'd by a physical DPS. That 30% haste allows us to avoid most of the interrupts. 1 sec is enough, 1.5 is NOT. Blizzard fails to understand some as simple as that. :l

Plus, it allowed emergency healing. You just had to riptide your target then use to fast heal. Now, I know mates will die pretty often with the flash casting duration at 80%~. Now I know I'll get interrupted eight time out of ten if I don't fake cast; and if I fake cast, I'll simply not heal myself waiting for the kick, losing effective healing when it's not possible.

Shaman is the squishiest class and healer atm. I don't get how Blizzard can put such efforts on trying to buff the shaman class and suddenly cut its best talent ever (yes, best shaman talent ever created. maybe with earth shield, i'll give you that). I seriously hope they'll understand their mistake. 25% crit is nice; but it could be 80% that I still wouldn't want the change and would ask the reverse. Crit chance to a heal only apply if you manage to cast, which is already extremly hard when focused by two phys DPS (oh yeah, two phys DPS zerg mode aren't prolific in 3v3 amirite ?) with the 30% bonus AND bloodlust.

Finaly, casting is standing. Standing 0.5 sec more every heal is a HUGE loss of mobility. That ghost wolf change won't even allow to gain more time that the loss made with that change. Tidal Wave change, improved water change, healing way change, chain heal change, nature's swiftness change are ALL PvE buffs. Now what did we get that is only for a PvP shaman ?

Restau:

- ES dispell mechanic
    - GW

Enhanc:

- Shamanistic rage's cd reduced.

Oh wow. Is that the finaly long awaited love patch for shamans ? Two changes for restauration, one for enhanc, zero for elemental ? I can only wink to people that told me yesterday "but wait ! they are gonna madly buff us !! trust blizzard !!".

PS: Nature's guardian change is simply a nerf. It's utterly worthless in that form. If they don't tweak it or change it back, I know they'll be my next 5 points cut.

Re: New Tidal Wave sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ezay
    Hard. I mean, it's the only talent, spell, possibility, for a shaman wishing to heal in pvp, to survive being focus'd by a physical DPS. That 30% haste allows us to avoid most of the interrupts. 1 sec is enough, 1.5 is NOT. Blizzard fails to understand some as simple as that. :l

Plus, it allowed emergency healing. You just had to riptide your target then use to fast heal. Now, I know mates will die pretty often with the flash casting duration at 80%~. Now I know I'll get interrupted eight time out of ten if I don't fake cast; and if I fake cast, I'll simply not heal myself waiting for the kick, losing effective healing when it's not possible.

Shaman is the squishiest class and healer atm. I don't get how Blizzard can put such efforts on trying to buff the shaman class and suddenly cut its best talent ever (yes, best shaman talent ever created. maybe with earth shield, i'll give you that). I seriously hope they'll understand their mistake. 25% crit is nice; but it could be 80% that I still wouldn't want the change and would ask the reverse. Crit chance to a heal only apply if you manage to cast, which is already extremly hard when focused by two phys DPS (oh yeah, two phys DPS zerg mode aren't prolific in 3v3 amirite ?) with the 30% bonus AND bloodlust.

Finaly, casting is standing. Standing 0.5 sec more every heal is a HUGE loss of mobility. That ghost wolf change won't even allow to gain more time that the loss made with that change. Tidal Wave change, improved water change, healing way change, chain heal change, nature's swiftness change are ALL PvE buffs. Now what did we get that is only for a PvP shaman ?

Restau:

- ES dispell mechanic
    - GW

Enhanc:

- Shamanistic rage's cd reduced.

Oh wow. Is that the finaly long awaited love patch for shamans ? Two changes for restauration, one for enhanc, zero for elemental ? I can only wink to people that told me yesterday "but wait ! they are gonna madly buff us !! trust blizzard !!".

PS: Nature's guardian change is simply a nerf. It's utterly worthless in that form. If they don't tweak it or change it back, I know they'll be my next 5 points cut.
    there's a haste trinket in wg to stop your qq.

Your a lunatic.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

There is also Nature's Guardian change and increased HP to mana tide. :P

I dont like haste removal too, and i dont like it for PvE. Having UNIQUE spell with 0.8 cast time was good thing, it saved my friends lives countless times. 25% more crit on spell which wont heal cause target died 0.3 second before i finished casting is useless.

Me wants old Tidal Waves and bonus to LHW in Healing Way, even if the price would be reduced effectivness of HW from 25% to like 15% or whatever :S

PS. Dont forget bout new Ancerstral Healing. 10% LESS physical dmg is HUGE BUFF, isnt it?

Not really, actually. Old one was like 4-5% anyway. It would be a real buff with the 30% haste tidal wave, but it's just "hey look we're doing something for you" atm. Nature's guardian just suck, period. It is not very good already, but nerfing it that way is as effective as cuting it from the tree. Mana tide, oh yeah, that thing that costs 4 talents points for 4k mana. Yeah. I love it. Err ? No one use it. If we wanted to protect mana tide, we already had stoneclaw. Duuuhh Blizzard. -_-

there's a haste trinket in wg to stop your qq.
    Oh wow. So where's that trinket giving 30% haste every six seconds already ? Not even talking about the loss of stats, when the shaman already needs to stack up like 1k1+ resilience to start being effective.

In what situation, that you wouls use a lesser heal in, is a target likely to die if your cast is 0.3 seconds later?

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Sloe
    In what situation, that you wouls use a lesser heal in, is a target likely to die if your cast is 0.3 seconds later?
    In a PvP situation. Like, every damn arena encounter. You're welcome.

ramsesakama

If they abort this change because of you PvP whiners I will be PISSED. Just reroll a better pvp class already, and leave the rest of us alone.

Patience...discipline...

In a PvP situation. Like, every damn arena encounter. You're welcome.
    not really your still limited by GCD and you should really be spamming

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    If they abort this change because of you PvP whiners I will be PISSED. Just reroll a better pvp class already, and leave the rest of us alone.
    Oh yeah, so we should spend another ~20 days of /played getting another fully optimised character for PvPing because ... because tell me again ? Because you feel we have less rights than you ? And why would that be ? Fuck off, PvE nazi. PvP shamans got nerfed pretty hard with the imp water shield nerf, have you think about that ? Have you think we have equals rights to love PvP or PvE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloe
    not really your still limited by GCD and you should really be spamming
    No.

i think ezay is right, i don't like the tidal wave nerf

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    i like playing shaman in pve+pvp and in my opinion it is a pvp+pve nerf
    or tell me your secret super fast heal for emergency cases.... there is non (except instant hw) wow great every 2mins -.-

they should let tidal waves be as it is, because it is great as it is.
    "PVP is only balanced if rogues always win. It´s been like this for over four years" loled a lot

english is not my first language so pls excuse my mistakes ^^

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Not really, actually. Old one was like 4-5% anyway. It would be a real buff with the 30% haste tidal wave, but it's just "hey look we're doing something for you" atm. Nature's guardian just suck, period. It is not very good already, but nerfing it that way is as effective as cuting it from the tree. Mana tide, oh yeah, that thing that costs 4 talents points for 4k mana. Yeah. I love it. Err ? No one use it. If we wanted to protect mana tide, we already had stoneclaw. Duuuhh Blizzard. -_-

Oh wow. So where's that trinket giving 30% haste every six seconds already ? Not even talking about the loss of stats, when the shaman already needs to stack up like 1k1+ resilience to start being effective.
    Hmm i was wondering after reading what you wrote.

Old AH - 55% armor up from 50% (roughly) which means that if we'd be hit for 10k, armor woudl reduce it to 4.5k

New AH - 10k -0.1x10k = 9k and then 50% armor reduction = 4.5k exact same value.

So after all it wont reduce anything compared to old AH? It will only help tanks? :S What's the purpose of that change? If someone could enlighten me i'd be gratefull, maybe im missing something?

PS. I completely forgot that amor bonus already gave us some mitigation

It is official, Ezay has no idea how any of the mechanics of this game works, either that or he is in horrible gear that has NO haste. As it is now, haste from our gear and tidal wave has us clipping our GCD. So tell us Ezay, how would you fix this problem? Or is it that you just like to bitch and moan all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Hmm i was wondering after reading what you wrote.

Old AH - 55% armor up from 50% (roughly) which means that if we'd be hit for 10k, armor woudl reduce it to 4.5k

New AH - 10k -0.1x10k = 9k and then 50% armor reduction = 4.5k exact same value.

So after all it wont reduce anything compared to old AH? It will only help tanks? :S What's the purpose of that change? If someone could enlighten me i'd be gratefull, maybe im missing something?

PS. I completely forgot that amor bonus already gave us some mitigation
    Well given the fact that armor does not reduce spell damage I believe it is a buff

What's the purpose of that change?
    Are you not geting it ? I explained it. It is purely and simply:

"hey guys look ! we're buffing you ! now stfu."

Also, this will be a great PvE buff. Since the armor mitigation for tanks diminush with the more armor you have, etc, that change will help PvE tanks. So yeah, it is another non-buff, or if you want, a PvE buff.

It is official, Ezay has no idea how any of the mechanics of this game works, either that or he is in horrible gear that has NO haste. As it is now, haste from our gear and tidal wave has us clipping our GCD. So tell us Ezay, how would you fix this problem? Or is it that you just like to bitch and moan all the time?
    OHAI PVE BOY. Would you please care about TALKING ABOUT PVP ? I'm not saying PvE isn't important, I'm saying this thread is about how and why current changes for the shaman class won't help restau shams.

So OHAI PVE BOY, are you aware PvP shamans don't have haste ? Wait, no you're not, because you don't play in arenas. I have no problem with people wondering and asking explanation about what I can say, but don't flame me the way you did because your lack of knowledge. This is kind of rude.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Well given the fact that armor does not reduce spell damage I believe it is a buff
    Nor does the new AH.
    Ancestral Healing: The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 3/7/10% instead of increasing the target's armor.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Please dont change it into another PvE vs PvP thread for the love of god.

Im doing PvE exclusively and i dont like that change either. Whats the point of changing somethign that worked VERY VERY GOOD.

Only thing they had to do, was fixing GCD problems. They did that for warlocks with backdraft,a nd they could have done it with LHW.

Of course i like 25% crit, its nice for output (not sure if it actualy gives higher number than 30% cast time reduction though) its a buff for mana regen, but it also removes our ultra fast LHW, we wont be able to cast it during Vortex (yes i know id doesnt matter anymore, but thats an example) or while running on heigan phase 2.

Doing arena on Thorim will HURT cause of casting debuff, and we wont have ~1.5 second cast time after debuff is applied.

We wont have ultra fast LHW to heal up napalm on mimiron, or thorns on freya. We wont have ultra fast LHW to heal slag pot on Ignis, and finally we wont be able to heal as many people on Kel's ice tomb (yes i know NOONE cares bout Kel).

Point is, we lost UTILITY for output and some mana regen. This was not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem

Are you blind? It's only physical dmg.

They were SUPPOSED TO FIX GCD clipping, but instead of fix they removed it. Also spell that heals after 0.8 second is WAY BETTER than spell that hits after 1.2 second with 25% higher crit chance :S

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Nor does the new AH.
    Thank you for pointing that out DaDimi, I misread that.

every thing i wanted to mention her was quoted above by instant+dadimi

@eyetotem ezay is talking about pvp, gz that you have tons of haste on your pve gear this is no problem since sw where it was implanted
    but in pvp you have no haste or nearly no haste so tidal waves was the key abilitie to heal fast and now it is geting nerfed so bad
    "PVP is only balanced if rogues always win. It´s been like this for over four years" loled a lot

english is not my first language so pls excuse my mistakes ^^