Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resilience changes

This is gonna be nice, cept restodruids will be as unkillable as ever..
    The Korgar
    Dentarg

-Fair enough. Give each of them a tank.
    -Even the mentally handicapped?
    -Especially the mentally handicapped.

-Herr General Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Sinders are you fucking retarded? How can you cry about rogues mobilty? you a pala is by far 1 of the best classes to nulify their mobility. JoJ, Dispells, Stuns, Freedom... come on man l2p.

If anything rogue needs a 50% passive survivabilty increase buff, vanish 2 sec immunity, cos 100% and shs as 11 talenter for sub.
    HELL YEAH THEY DO!!1

My four dps 5v5 team will suffer from this. My never-to-be-gladiator-because-caster-dps-sucks elem/destrolock 2v2 team will even more.

I think that change is actually retarded. Healing is fine, only shamans need a solid buff, while paladin need a slight one. Druids and priests are overpowered, so either your let them as they are and buff the two other healers to their level, either you nerf them. But buffing EVERY healer will just kill the fun side of arenas. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    he was trying to make a joke lol
    but it is not funny.

you guys get that 'DoT damage' counts inside 'ALL damage by players'...

I dont see how this benefits DoT classes (LOL?)
    You have to decide:

1) DK's are stupid/retarded ppl that cant put 1K dps
    2) DK's are the OPest class ever, pwns everyone at everything everywhere

If u answered:

1) STFU with all the QQ posts about DK.. if u re beaten by a retarded guess what u are
    2) If the OPest class that wins you all the time is again pulling 1k DPS(still winning you) guess what u are

Quote Originally Posted by Jasunizer

(LULZ)

Quote Originally Posted by Moweropois

Reducing healing as you reduce damage does not rebalance the arena, it simply makes matches slower. Still leaving double DPS behind.
    Actually it does rebalance arena. Blizzard complained (and i agree with that) that arena games were too "fast-paced", so they have to nerf both damage and healing. Then nobody dies in 2 gcds, but also noone gets from 10% to full life in the same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcoilol
    you have sap, sheep, blind, and stun... if you can't use all that CC to your advantage to take out a druid...
    Lulz. With the burst right now it's impossible to kill a good druid, so I don't see that happening after the resilience change.
    Btw sheep and sap are on the same DR. So basically, the blind will be trinketed and you can only poly for 10s + 5s the druid's partner and then you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasunizer

its easy:

dot classes rarely critted, so they were affected by resi most of the time only in dots damage
    burst classes rarely got significat dots, so they were affected by resi most of the time in crits damage and quantity.

now:
    dot classes will still rarely crit and be most of the time affected only by static -damage provided by resi
    burst classes will have lowered crit quantity and damage AND on top of that, their overall damage will be affected by same -damage provided by resi.

all in all, burst classes will be, again, more shafted than fot classes.

but imho its a good change, now i can maybe be able to survive for 5 seconds instead of 3

Quote Originally Posted by deathcoilol
    you have sap, sheep, blind, and stun... if you can't use all that CC to your advantage to take out a druid...
    just LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabla
    Lulz. With the burst right now it's impossible to kill a good druid, so I don't see that happening after the resilience change.
    Btw sheep and sap are on the same DR. So basically, the blind will be trinketed and you can only poly for 10s + 5s the druid's partner and then you die.
    that guy said truth.

The problem is(in my opinion)that you right now NEED to kill a healer during a stunn/silence, if you don't. Well then they wont die-period, atleast not with someone who somewhat is defending him/her. While this is stupid, my point being is that healing is overpowered to a degree as well.

I shared my idea early in s5 about reducing dmg/healing in arena, by the same percentage. This was a nerf to dmg, but I feel that healing deserve the same nerf as they will otherwise be to strong. And to the comment about killing a druid as mage rogue, here's our tactic in general as an answer:

Sap on(incase dk/Poly if warrior) Cheapshot one sec before lifebloom ticks out, mutilate, gouge. Here I let my mage cast arcane blast, as I the second after casts a kidneyshot(trinketed sometimes, often late)-->followed by a counterspell. And if, IF we with all this(And a lot of dmg output) manage to kill a druid, its the same second counterspell ends.

And that is, with an arcane mage. As you may know, arcane isn't the strongest in survival, and so isn't a rogue versus a deathknight. Sorry that I went a bit off track with this, but my point is that if we'l do 15% less damage, the kill wont be the case, not even close. And then I think, the hots, a shield, a heal needs to AT LEAST heal/absorb less by the same amount.

You can argue that blizzard never liked 2v2, well, the communety does, no matter what class there is, everyone can get to the top, in one way or another. I atm got 2150 in 2v2 on stormscale eu, and 2000 in 3v3. I honestly feel that 3v3 can be a bit more unbalanced sometimes than 2v2 is. But thats just my opinion I guess.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Quote Originally Posted by Fireheart
    I dont see how this helps shadowpriests either, your going to do 15% less damage as well, what I'm saying though, reducing healing by the same percentage as the damage reduction is, THAT would help you. Well, since your target would heal less.
    Well, I suppose it means that with 10% less reduction from standard melee attacks, that it will take 10% longer for a Shadow Priest to die in PVP. That pushes our time alive in PVP from 6 seconds (Dispersion) to 6.6 seconds. This, along with all of the other changes to make shadow a viable PVP spec, should make us totally overpowered.

Here are the rest of the Shadow changes:

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Well it will take 10% longer to kill their opponent, giving the opponent 10% more time to kill the priest in return^^ Well, I agree. No shadowpriest change in the current patchnotes was a backstab. They don't need much, but a little <3.

Anyway, would less healing scaling with taking less damage from resilience be to much to ask about? If you would answer with a quickly yes or no.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Anyway, would less healing scaling with taking less damage from resilience be to much to ask about? If you would answer with a quickly yes or no.
    That's just STUPID. They wanna reduce damage with resilience. Don't ask me why or my opinion about it. It's a fact. If you reduce the healing from the same amount, that would just do NOTHING. Imagine they decided to make all arena gear cost double prize, and arena reward twice as much points as now. What would that do ? NOTHING. That's the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

The change to resilience makes sense in a 3v3 and especially in a 5v5 setting where 3 or more DPS tend to jump one person.

resilience changes = about damn time, wtf was only dot damage nerf anyways. I know how to make burst do less damage make resilience lower pvp damage! omg since its the PVP stats.

This idea has only been around since S2 BC... only took them a year or 2? that means in 2011 all the tree's that blow and both pvp and pve will Finnally get fixed!!!
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

This is a buff to DoT classes because it is a net zero change while it is a 10-15% nerf for the other guys. So it is just as if DoTs got buffed 10-15%.

Get it?