Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PoH Nerf patch 3.2

Personally it wont affect me much, a good portion of it ended up being overhealing anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    Main part of my post was to the Holy paladin being 50% higher which they are really killing regain with the nerfs. While you may not have a large amount of mp5 you are bound to have some meaning your regain is however so slightly better.
    Actually on my priest I have no MP5 gear at all. And I don't really plan on picking any up unless it has spirit as well like some of the pre-Ulduar belts. Mp5 may be a little better than Spirit now, but I still get Spell power from spirit and I've not had much mana trouble as of yet. Nothing that I haven't been able to fix with a trinket/Manafiend/HoH.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It's not like we didn't see that nerf coming, right?

Our AoE burst healing, especially with a fully hasted PoH to begin with, is just ridiculously high. Now don't get me wrong here. I like the way it is and i'm not saying that we deserved this nerf. I'm just saying that it was to be expected. At least i did so.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by zsun
    1. Pop shadowfiend when u are about 25% mana remaining, and use mana potions if need be, the last resort is to beg for innervates but dont count on it. If you still go OOM, use a mana regen flask instead of a spell power flask
    Shadowfiend has a 5 min cd.Meaning you should be using it twice.Try popping it at 2-3mins into the fight, and try to work it into a rotation with a shammy mana tide.If you do this right mana should never be issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    It's not like we didn't see that nerf coming, right?
    Hehe, I've got a post from a week ago with two pages of telling me I'm an idiot for thinking a nerf to PoH was remotely needed. I'm glad it was obvious. :X

I'm basically with Zsun, I think that this change just means we have to work with other healers rather than saying "I'll take care of Groups 4 and 5, see ya later." I'm more worried about its impact on Discipline, as it's not like that spec is a strong AoE healer to begin with (and because we run frequently with a Disc healer as one of our best, so there's some personal implications there).

the healing is being dropped so a few changes should be done to other parts of the PoH spell

1. Mana cost dropped OR
    2. Cast time lowered OR
    3. Turn PoH into a casted version of CoH

1. looks like this would be the easiest to do and can be a bone
    2. with 3xstack serendipity you would want to make sure the lowered cast time
    3. (my personal choice) may make PoH OP not sure

See, that'd be true except for one thing...they're nerfing PoH. This isn't a case where to be 'fair' Blizzard needs to always compensate for a change. They're trying to make something less powerful, period. Maybe we will see a change that you listed, but it won't be for the reasons you're assuming.

that is why i said the smart heal part would be OP but lowering the healing should be balanced out by lowering the cast time .. i am not saying by a lot maybe .2 or .3 of a sec

or the lower mana .. drop the cost by 100-200 mana .. not big drops but ...

Quote Originally Posted by DaruneAlbane
    that is why i said the smart heal part would be OP but lowering the healing should be balanced out by lowering the cast time .. i am not saying by a lot maybe .2 or .3 of a sec

or the lower mana .. drop the cost by 100-200 mana .. not big drops but ...
    But big enough to make the difference over a 10 minute fight.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by DaruneAlbane
    the healing is being dropped so a few changes should be done to other parts of the PoH spell

1. Mana cost dropped OR
    2. Cast time lowered OR
    3. Turn PoH into a casted version of CoH

1. looks like this would be the easiest to do and can be a bone
    2. with 3xstack serendipity you would want to make sure the lowered cast time
    3. (my personal choice) may make PoH OP not sure
    IF they decide to "balance" out this change to PoH (which i seriously doubt), then a reduction in mana cost would make the most sense. Turning PoH into a casted version of CoH is just too OP to even consider, ever.