Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Empowered Imp is AWESOME?

Is it just me or does this seem like a great buff... :| I mean the Fire n Brimstone was nerfed pretty hard but thats cos it really was going to be.

Every imp crit we crit straight after.. :| I mean.. it makes casting Soul fire/Cb/Conflag a guarantee Crit.

How does this not seem awesome to others? It seems that it has finally been rewarded it for being so high in the destro tree.

Re: Empowered Imp is AWESOME?

I think the FnB change will nerf us in PvP a little, but at times our burst could be a little overpowered in PvP. However hopefully this change will compensate slightly. This was a much needed change tbh.
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

Would not necressarily call 5% off FnB a huge groundbreaking nerf tbh. Its not pleasent but then all things considered (like my kitty druid as the other toon I currently raid on) that change is fine and will probably make up the loss.

IMO it should have always been 100% though. Not really seeing what the fuss is about.

It was like that in aphla or beta. (I foget)
    and then they change it to 20 now back to 100

What's the imp's crit chance?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tmtb
    What's the imp's crit chance?
    5% unbuffed, add boomkin,totem, etc so not that much
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Imp has a 17-18% crit chance in raid. Depends on your gear (Int = Crit).

Please keep in mind that the more crit you get the less this talent is worth. For me at a 40% crit level in raid, this is worth 60% crit about 30 times in 4 minutes. If I get better gear and end up at 50% crit, its worth 50% crit 30 times in 4 minutes.

It scales negatively with gear, and further widens the gap between haste and crit.

R.I.P. YARG

Hit > SP > Haste > Crit

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Luztra
    Hit > SP > Haste > Crit
    At the rate they are moving with destro, the following seems like it may be likely:
    Hit > SP > Haste > Spirit > Crit

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Imp has a 17-18% crit chance in raid. Depends on your gear (Int = Crit).

Please keep in mind that the more crit you get the less this talent is worth. For me at a 40% crit level in raid, this is worth 60% crit about 30 times in 4 minutes. If I get better gear and end up at 50% crit, its worth 50% crit 30 times in 4 minutes.

It scales negatively with gear, and further widens the gap between haste and crit.
    It works to the advantage of players who aren't geared and have lower crit rating. My crit is at about 35% in raids in my current gear; the imp buff isn't huge, but the FnB nerf isn't much bigger. Overall, it's just a minor rebalance, probably intended primarily for pvp. I don't think we'll see as dramatic a difference in dps (one way or the other) as people seem to believe. After all, for all practical purposes, you're not going to be sitting still, working the tightest rotation possible on every boss (Patchwerk being the primary exception). There are other things in real raids that cause greater dps losses than simply a 5% nerf to FnB, such as movement, interrupts, silence, add duty / target switching, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

How you do you guys have that much Crit?? is this a Hybrid spec that you guys are working off of? as Destro I have about 21% crit in raids. Is this bad?

My Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ona&n=Aliarace

Quote Originally Posted by Ramair
    How you do you guys have that much Crit?? is this a Hybrid spec that you guys are working off of? as Destro I have about 21% crit in raids. Is this bad?

I wouldn't say you need to aim for more over other stats at this point, but in general a 25m raid will give you quite a bit of buffing, and crit comes right along with it (int / crit buffs). Unless you're raiding with warriors, rogues and DKs, you should be buffed up a lot more than your gear's unbuffed crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

around 20% is a good crit chance to have on your Char sheet. That means with Devestation you're at 25% crit for destro spells. Add in a Boomkin you're at 30%. This also lets you gem for more SP and some haste instead of crit (since it's a less important stat anyways).

15+ Year Old Account

moonkin aura/elemental oath: +5%
    totem of wrath/heart of the crusader: +3%
    scorch/improved shadow bolt debuff: +5%
    talented destruction crit chance: +5% -won't be shown your character screen, as it incorporates both fire and shadow damage, unless i've missed a memo somewhere.

so really, you're getting a lot more crit than you think and you're also near 40% crit with your 21% shown in raids.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry
    talented destruction crit chance: +5% - Only applies to destruction spells so does not display on your character sheet
    so really, you're getting a lot more crit than you think and you're also near 40% crit with your 21% shown in raids.
    I have 22% crit and end up with 40+ in raids thanks to the above 18%

R.I.P. YARG

There are addons which calculate your chance to crit/hit and average damage and much more.

I personally use drdamage(however it tends to bug with conflagrate, solutions on this are welcome )
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Pallieter (retired)

not really destr always have low crits.

Re: Empowered Imp is AWESOME ?

¿AWESOME is Imp Empowered

At the rate they are moving with destro, the following seems like it may be likely:
    Hit > SP > Haste > Spirit > Crit
    It already is btw and I've proved it by destroying people by spell damage stacking with spirit and glyph of lifetap.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry
    talented destruction crit chance: +5% -won't be shown your character screen, as it incorporates both fire and shadow damage, unless i've missed a memo somewhere.

They made moonkin and totem wrath crit stack now?