Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I really like the Resi change...

...provided they keep an eye on healers. They've definitely taken a step in the right direction with the (pretty heavy) nerfs to Illumination, Penance and Innervate, but I hope it's enough.

Also, this easily boosts Resilience to the single most important PvP stat. Can't imagine wanting to gem anything else now, that might be a problem...on the other hand, using PvE gear in PvP was even lamer, and that's sure to be a lot less now.

Re: I really like the Resi change...

from casters pov very good change but as prot pvp paladin(not healer)... well it feels less good

Yeah, and this takes things back to where 95% of all healer/dps comps has a dps with an MS effect. Since bursts will be less, more CC and MS is required to get kills. But who cares, 2v2 isnt gonna matter anyways eh?

I think many people are underestimating the healing nerfs.

Penance got +2 seconds cooldown. Doesn't seem like much? Why do you think the Penance glyph (-2 sec cooldown) was already considered mandatory by Priests? It's their best single-target heal spell, and it just got it's cooldown nerfed by 25%.

Innervate, half the effect for half the cooldown, also a far bigger nerf than you would think, resulting in only half as much mana regen for Druids in the vast majority of games. Also, it's dispellable now.

The Paladin nerf is less impressive, granted, but they weren't as powerful as the above two.

Can't say I feel disc priests got nerfed that much. The longer the cooldown is, the more the tallent that reduces the cooldown by 30% is affecting it. So, it's not even 2 sec more cooldown(Now, don't blame me if im wrong as I'm far from being good at math) as well as you can pick to reduce 10% melee dmg from a early tallent next patch, as I am going to.

The resi change is evil
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Quote Originally Posted by Fireheart
    Can't say I feel disc priests got nerfed that much. The longer the cooldown is, the more the tallent that reduces the cooldown by 30% is affecting it. So, it's not even 2 sec more cooldown(Now, don't blame me if im wrong as I'm far from being good at math) as well as you can pick to reduce 10% melee dmg from a early tallent next patch, as I am going to.
    Relatively speaking, the nerf remains the same. With the talent (-20% btw) and glyph, Penance now has a 6.4s cooldown, and it gets nerfed to an 8s cooldown. Still a 25% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireheart
    So, it's not even 2 sec more cooldown(Now, don't blame me if im wrong as I'm far from being good at math) as well as you can pick to reduce 10% melee dmg from a early tallent next patch, as I am going to.
    12 * .8 = 9.6 -2 = 7.6, which is 1.2s more than currently. That's how the math works no? Or would you subtract and then multiply for this?

What talent is this????? WTB 10% less melee dmg on my priest =/
    Edit: it's inspiration olol, too bad we have to stack spirit on our pvp gear so we have like 5% crit

resi changes is good, it will bring back the never ending 2v2 that everyone hated :>

... and I loved!

3v3 might even be fun now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    12 * .8 = 9.6 -2 = 7.6, which is 1.2s more than currently. That's how the math works no? Or would you subtract and then multiply for this?
    IIRC, the talent applies after the glyph. So now it's (10-2=8)*0.8 = 6.4, and it will be (12-2=10)*0.8 = 8, which would be a 1.6s cooldown increase (which is 25%).

If the glyph applies after the talent, we're indeed looking at 6s vs. 7.6s, once again a 1.6s cooldown increase (but relatively speaking an increase of 26.6%, slightly more).

What talent is this????? WTB 10% less melee dmg on my priest =/
    Edit: it's inspiration olol, too bad we have to stack spirit on our pvp gear so we have like 5% crit
    Not worried about the new inspiration. It's definitely more useful now, but I still don't see a lot more people picking it up, especially since it requires sacrificing other highly-needed talents and most Priests seem to prefer +Spi to +Crit on their sets.

Yes the resil change means that the value that reduces dot dmg reduces all dmg instead.

The only dmg reduction disc priests get is pain suppression... And maybe a few points in spell warding to reduce dmg from spells. Other then that we can talent and glyph inner fire to give us something like leather (i'm at 32% armor reduction)
    Of course we have to be like tanks because we're the least mobile healers, once a melee is on us, it stays on us.

Personally, i cant wait for my 12% reduction to dots to apply to rogues and warriors and other nasty melee. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    How does this change actually work? Is it simply a flat damage reduction instead of just DoTs?

Won't that significantly unbalance pretty much every spec that's got damage reduction talents/abilities (Disc. Priests are a perfect example)?
    It's a flat reduction. DoT users won't notice anything different while DD will see their hits lowered even further. Lowering burst, yay.

Healers in Arena will appear with "Healer, don't even try" sign on their flags, so they will be CC'ed till their DPS dies. Increased amount of resilience, the new change, and more spellpower from new season gear healers got their godmode afterall.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Just popped in my mind, Resil is now an actually useful tanking stat isn't it?
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

15+ Year Old Account

not really, seeing as you have to stack so much of it for it to do anything (from a tanking perspective). 700-800 resi for 10% reduction in damage and you lose so much avoidance and other stats thanks to the resi budgets.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage
    Just popped in my mind, Resil is now an actually useful tanking stat isn't it?
    3.2: Reduces damage done to you by other players by X%.

Yep. Very useful for tanking.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

byebye mage+rogue, retard+dk, retard+rogue etcetc ;D

Quote Originally Posted by qsubt05
    byebye mage+rogue, retard+dk, retard+rogue etcetc ;D
    2's are dead. dont be such a "retard"

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester

Penance got +2 seconds cooldown. Doesn't seem like much? Why do you think the Penance glyph (-2 sec cooldown) was already considered mandatory by Priests? It's their best single-target heal spell, and it just got it's cooldown nerfed by 25%.

Innervate, half the effect for half the cooldown, also a far bigger nerf than you would think, resulting in only half as much mana regen for Druids in the vast majority of games. Also, it's dispellable now.

The Paladin nerf is less impressive, granted, but they weren't as powerful as the above two.

I think you're overestimating it, part of it is your wording. 25% sounds like a lot, but if you call it 2 seconds its not a lot at all. 2 seconds longer doesn't really change much. Its a slap on the wrist.

Its the same for innervate. Being able to do it twice as much in the same time frame of before but with half the effect isn't really much of a nerf. IF anything it gives them a better margin for error on it considering they can cast it again if something happens the first time. The only real nerf to it is its easier to dispel.

I'm wondering how spellsteal will affect Shaman shields. I hope that isn't based on charges either considering the mana cost of spellstealing vs the other dispels :P

i think warriors are gonna have a hard time with dmg output with this change.

Basically this change is just blizz doing what they said they would. They arent balancing the game for 2s or 1s so why try. Healers need more damage reduction to stand up in 3s so give them more damage reduction. IMO this just paves the way for better balance in 3s. This should nurf cleave a little along with other class changes that are inc so i would anticipate to see some RMP nurfs in route as well to (hopefully) make the tourney scene a little more interesting and bring better balance until people find the next comp to pwn the world with.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester

I think you are OVERestimating the healing "nerfs".

yes the penance change was a slight nerf, it will just make the glyph even more necessary than before.

As for the innervate change, the changes to innervate are in NO WAY a nerf, if anything its a buff. How does this result ni half as much mana regen? games are going to last more than 3 minutes now... also you can now use it 3 times in 9 minutes where as before you could only use it twice. Yes the mana returned is lower, but we can use it more often... not to mention that if the glyph returning 90% hasn't changed, then the glyph will return 90% base mana over 10 seconds vs over 20 before, with a 3min cooldown instead of 6....

The only real "nerf" to innervate is through barkskin, which makes it possible to dispell, but there is still the 30% dispel resist and since it lasts 10 seconds a druid should be able to LoS for that amount of time, or at least most of it.