Poll: Is the 20 min time limit a good idea

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: WSG time limit, good or bad?

This is good idea, id prefer having lots of losses than a stretched out game, my record os 1hr 30mins, only reason i stayed in there was i needed 1 more badge for mount, didnt help that people were naked whislt fighting, and no it wasnt the naked bug :/

This is the extent of blizzard's creativity?

I'm not a fan of long drawn out turtle matches, but honestly, the best thing that blizz could come up with is a time limit? How bout after 20 min you can cap a flag even if your flag isn't in your base. Or maybe after 20 min the flags spawn in front of the base instead of inside it. How bout after 20 min you can't return a flag to your base, it just stays wherever you killed the flag carrier. Or maybe sit down for 30 min and come up with a better idea than those 3, but I don't think adding a time limit to everything in the game is a good answer and definitely seems like a cop-out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtommygunz
    So wg now basically is zerg to get first flag, then turtle in your flag room for hks for the next 15 minutes to win. sounds good to me, que up for other bgs right before you enter in case they get flag first. dont troll you all know you do it too.
    OR you can start by defending your own flag room, and send 2 or 3 people to get the flag?

People seem to forget, probably because they get too comfortable, that you need to change strategies everynow and then to win.... just because you don't like the new strategy, or your old strategy doesnt work anymore, doesnt mean its a bad idea.

My WSG record: 2:30:00
    Yes, 2 and a half hours. It was a sunday night. Possibly the most even BG I've ever played.. Ever.

I can already see it now, cap first Flag then 10m defense. Or 9 man def and a resto druid go pick up their flag and run around with it none stop till time is up. This is going to suck so much >
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

i think for blizzard to make it perfect, they need to remove the "First cap = win" rule.

Quote Originally Posted by xyGotN
    this is the worst thing since resouces in AV,give back the good old bg's,if you have no time to play wsg or av than go AB or SotA
    what's more epic than winning WSG after 1 hour and 30 mins and you were down 2 flags...
    blizz is screwing up pvp lately
    Nothing is epic about that, it just means the first group of horde sucked, alot left, new came in and managed to hold the defense up waiting for new/better players to have a chance at winning the BG.

NOTHING is epic about winning a BG that has lasted forever, unless its AV.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist
    I can already see it now, cap first Flag then 10m defense. Or 9 man def and a resto druid go pick up their flag and run around with it none stop till time is up. This is going to suck so much >
    If both sides do the same thing, that means they won't score because there won't be a flag to return to.

Let's not just focus on what 1 team will do, and see what the other team does as well when the match starts.

Yes, great change. Now add one to AV. kthx bye

I dotn like this idea. yes ive been in 2 hour long wsg and ive seen plenty of peopel just turtle. But Ive also been in WSG that was so evenly matched and filled with god players that it took that long to find the best team.

If they would at least boost the amount of honor recieved based on how long the match lasts over say 15 or 20 minutes it would solve the problem just as easy. Even if the game lasts forever you are still gaining good honor for your time. While spending 2 hours in an epic AV match is fun, only getting the same amount of honor as you would for a 5 minute zerg match really sucks.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

It will help on flag holding/honor farming. However, it will turn into a zerg for first cap.

So tired of this, people posting pointless comments that don't support or oppose the actual topic of the thread. Too bad everyone wasn't loved enough as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    If they would at least boost the amount of honor recieved based on how long the match lasts over say 15 or 20 minutes it would solve the problem just as easy. Even if the game lasts forever you are still gaining good honor for your time. While spending 2 hours in an epic AV match is fun, only getting the same amount of honor as you would for a 5 minute zerg match really sucks.
    That wouldn't be a good idea.

They grab the 3rd flag to cap, only to honor farm the other team for as long as possible until either the enemy team decides to stay as a ghost, or they killed every player on the enemy team 50 times.

I LOVE this change. WSG is my least enjoyable BG, mostly because if your team is terrible, as in they got the flag to your base but the whole team decides to just stand there and defend, the match can literally NEVER END, especially if the opposite side decides to do the same thing. I've /afk'd out of a WSG quite a few times as, in terms of honor gains, it was quicker to take the 15min BG Debuff and then go somewhere else than to sit in WSG with a horrible team.

Having a 20 min time limit is going to hopefully cause the teams to try and win, especially if you're already one flag down. And if not... the fail will be over in a specified amount of time. It's Win Win.

I wonder if anything less than a 3 cap ending in a stalemate would be a good idea to keep people from capping once and then turtling for 17 minutes. Give them honor as if they had both lost. That would press each side to give it their all to win. Good idea? Bad idea?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Time limit isn't good. Some of the best WSG games I've ever played were 1-2 hours long. Granted, there were many that long that were annoying turtlefests by bad players, but there were just as many great ones. On the other hand, I suppose, getting marks/honor through WSG should be a little easier and quicker anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Love the time limit, doing wsg's that take 50min to lose and get 1 mark is really annoying.

I'm finishing up my last 2k wsg rep, which is the main reason I do wsg at all.

It's either for that or to kill people over and over to vent my frustration.

2350 daggers just make people stop trying in frustration, it's funny
    Yea it's me.

Everybody knew time limit is an obvious solution to never-ending WSGs, but it took
    them so many years to figure it out, very usual for them.
    Bigger than Life.