Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Paladin Mana Regen

I checked my regen stats in last nights 25 man:
    ~40% was from illumination
    ~25% was from replenishment
    ~ 5% was from mp5

So the patch will reduce the effectiveness of illumination by half, replenishment by 20%, but increase mp5 by 25%. That means:

20% loss from illumination
    5% loss from replenishment
    1% gain from mp5
    net loss: 24%

We also lost 5% intellect from Divine Intellect.
    In exchange, Beacon now counts overhealing. I don't want to downplay how massive a change that is, but i hope everyone understands that without the ability to spam Holy Light, the beacon change will be only situationally relevant. (ie situations where you have mana to burn)

Conclusions:
    1. if you don't think this was a nerf, please re-examine the numbers - it was.
    2. If you're planning on stacking mp5 to make up for lost regen, it won't.
    3. If you're thinking that 51/20/0 is now somehow more viable because our regen is lower, I guess I'd just like someone to explain that to me. If regen is now an issue, how would a less mana-efficient spec now be more viable?

edit: L2type nub

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy Paladin Mana Regen

conclusion:
    - they want you, aka holy paladins to change priority on stats.

some math wizard should calculate how much mp/5 is needed to overcome the illumination nerf.

I would be interested in knowing that number as well. Pretty sure it would be over a thousand mp5 though just eyeballing it, so i doubt it's feasible to use mp5 to close the gap.

15+ Year Old Account

well, they said that mana regen of paladins was too good, so they nerfed it. i dont think paladins should be able to overcome the nerf with mp/5. but its to compensate a bit and point them into another direction instead of stacking int/crit

Quote Originally Posted by Kadas
    3. If you're thinking that 61/20/0 is now somehow more viable because our regen is lower, I guess I'd just like someone to explain that to me. If regen is now an issue, how would a less mana-efficient spec now be more viable?
    OP Paladins with their 81 talent points. :P

Of course its a nerf. Do you really think they would continue to allow HL spamming when Bacon works with overheal? xD
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

OP Paladins with their 81 talent points.
    hehe - fixed (thanks). I totally wouldn't mind another 10 talents at this point though...

Of course its a nerf. Do you really think they would continue to allow HL spamming when Bacon works with overheal?
    Nope - I just think that people are looking at the beacon change in relation to their current 80ish% overhealing and thinking that it will be absolutely amazing - not realizing that all their FoL overheals after the expansion are not going to be quite as impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadas

3. If you're thinking that 51/20/0 is now somehow more viable because our regen is lower, I guess I'd just like someone to explain that to me. If regen is now an issue, how would a less mana-efficient spec now be more viable?
    1. U wont be spamming HL indefenetly
    2. U will prevent damage, not heal it
    3. U will find out that pally got more spells than HL
    4. U will use healer rotations (one heal mt, other rests etc..)
    5. In the end, Ilumination will not be nerfed so much when goes on live servers

You should reach for the "Y" and "O" keys more often.

The changes contradict themselves:
    - They don't want us to overheal, but then encourage it with changes to Beacon.
    - They don't want us to be able to spam HL all day, but spamming FoL all day is ok?
    - They don't want us to stack pure Int, but why shouldn't we if they're going to reduce the amount we get through talents?

Maybe I missed something but wasn't replenishment buffed, not nerfed?

Replenishment: This buff now grants 1% of the target's maximum mana over 5 seconds instead of 0.25% per second.

Don't see the uptime on this changing much in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondara
    Maybe I missed something but wasn't replenishment buffed, not nerfed?

Replenishment: This buff now grants 1% of the target's maximum mana over 5 seconds instead of 0.25% per second.

Don't see the uptime on this changing much in raids.
    1% over 5 seconds vs .25% every second. 5 seconds = 1% in 3.2, 5 seconds = 1.25% currently
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Quelana
    1% over 5 seconds vs .25% every second. 5 seconds = 1% in 3.2, 5 seconds = 1.25% currently
    Haha thanks, I had misread it as 1% per second. I'm probably still disillusioned by the Illumination changes. Now its even worse after having misread that as a buff. ; ;

Glyph of Seal of Command: Redesigned to cause the Paladin to gain 8% of base mana each time the paladin judges Command.

so that would be:

judge every 8 seconds (skilled) 8% base mana, a lvl 80 paladin has around 5500 base mana? that would make 440 mana, but judge costs 5% base mana, which is around 275 mana.

so you get 440-275=165 mana every 8 seconds or 20,625 mana per second or 103,125 mana every 5 seconds

does it make sense for a holy paladin to take it over glyphe of seal of wisdom/light?

to judge every 8 seconds would even mean lesser heal cause of the global cooldown or am I wrong?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crush84
    Glyph of Seal of Command: Redesigned to cause the Paladin to gain 8% of base mana each time the paladin judges Command.

so that would be:

judge every 8 seconds (skilled) 8% base mana, a lvl 80 paladin has around 5500 base mana? that would make 440 mana, but judge costs 5% base mana, which is around 275 mana.

so you get 440-275=165 mana every 8 seconds or 20,625 mana per second or 103,125 mana every 5 seconds

does it make sense for a holy paladin to take it over glyphe of seal of wisdom/light?

to judge every 8 seconds would even mean lesser heal cause of the global cooldown or am I wrong?
    NO it dosnt make sense for any holy paladin to take it.

And here is why. Glyph of SoW saves 5% of the mana cost of every healing spell. A holy paladin only has to judge every 60 sec to keep their haste buff up. They also have to spec into Imp Judgements and Seal of Command (currently) Those are 3 wasted talent points.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Don't forget, Less int from divine intellect = smaller mana pool = less mana from divine plea

We still have Divine Plea... and yes our mana regen was too good, DP on some fights isnt even needed.

They want holypaladins to stop spam HL and soccet for Int and they want us to pick up all the mp5 gear in ulduar. I would not call it a nerf to holypalains in general, more like a tweak to make us use all our spell and not HL spam and still got fullmanapool at the end of fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    They want holypaladins to stop spam HL and soccet for Int and they want us to pick up all the mp5 gear in ulduar. I would not call it a nerf to holypalains in general, more like a tweak to make us use all our spell and not HL spam and still got fullmanapool at the end of fight.
    lol, is that not a nerf?
    What ur saying is, that it's not a nerf we have to use the shittiest healing spell in the game, and being at 0% mana at the end of the fight.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

I don't really see the problem in this all. I don't have a holy palla myself but once i logged in with my friends account and went uldu 10. I asked him how to heal with his paladin and he said. "Press 2 when the fight starts, and then 3". And i was like "0.o and..... ". But that is all ... the faster i pressed 3 the better i was ... mana never runed out (3 was some kind of macro, 2 was beacon of light). Now is that really the gameplay you guys want? Paladin ignorant player can press 2 buttons and do 80% of the job of an experienced holy paladin. Really now they put a little bit of skill on your class and you QQ like hell... whats wrong with you ...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

/violin, now u have to pay attention to what ur doing again..
    first time ever i went on a pala was on friends pala @ naxx10, i did not get under 90% mana
    GOGO autoattack+seal of wisdom