is my ret spec viable?

hi. before i venture out to train a pally up, i would like to know if my talent build is viable. i'm not very good at coming up with these trees but i was wondering if someone if could verify if mine wasn't so bad? here's the link:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=053501000000000000000000000500000000000000000000000005232051023331302133201331&gl yph=000000000000&version=9947

thanks in advance, Tassy!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: is my ret spec viable?

Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Barring 3.2 changes and the preliminary test results on the new Seals of Command and Corruption - no.

Forget about spec'ing Holy if you want to be Ret.

Straightforward Ret-Spec nowadays would be 0/10/61, but since not all Ret Talents are useful in every single aspect of the game, you may as well (as mst Rets do!) go fo Divinity and Divine Sacrifice in the Prot-tree by sacrificing what you don't need in Ret. PvE-wise you could sacrifice Eye for an Eye and Vindication, for example.

3.2 might make Seals of the Pure useful for Ret since the first impression of the Patchnotes is that SoCorr might become the new Single-Target DPS-Seal. But as always with "the day after patchnotes" - situations, that's all subject to change.

As nice as aura mastry is....is not worth all those points you put in it. with the current ret pally design you want to go with a ret/prot build.

now there ARE some areas for individuality here but not much. also you need to pay attention to glyphs.

heres teh above spec WITH glyphs.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=9947#

however you also need to look inot what else you raid with. for instance i raid with a number of druids and paladins. one night we had 5 of each. and this will have a dramatic effect on your ability choices. but id START with the above design and move on from there.

also, this is NOT a pvp build.

ok but looking at all your talent builds i noticed that all of you omitted SoC. I always had the impression that it was a must-have talent. or am i wrong? or is it because of the recent changes in 3.2?

15+ Year Old Account

I havent had SoC for a long while. It just sat there on my bar.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature