Thread: Fix Vanish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fix Vanish

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    How about giving bubble and iceblock a ~50% chance to just fail without any apparent reason.
    Don't want that?
    I thought so...
    clap!
    indeed .. but i would like to see bubble with 50 % fail... fighting a retardin is like fighting 2 fights in a row. Bubble heal/ gay on hands

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    How about giving bubble and iceblock a ~50% chance to just fail without any apparent reason.
    Don't want that?
    I thought so...
    Yeah because mages in iceblocks aren't sitting ducks or anything, and its not like a pallies shield or a mages IB can be dispelled huh?

You get an automatic reset if you pull vanish off, it's only right if we are able to pull you out of it. Unless - like the mages invisibility - you want to run around for your vanish duration unable to select any targets untill it fades.

vanish is broken, whoever says it isn't is bad.

I've been doing BGs on my lvl27 rogue out of boredom the past couple days and yea...Vanish is hella broken. 9 times outta 10 it doesn't work the way it's supposed to and I still end up getting hit by an auto-attack or a pet after I've vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem
    Yeah because mages in iceblocks aren't sitting ducks or anything, and its not like a pallies shield or a mages IB can be dispelled huh?

You get an automatic reset if you pull vanish off, it's only right if we are able to pull you out of it. Unless - like the mages invisibility - you want to run around for your vanish duration unable to select any targets untill it fades.
    It's our oh shit button, as much a necessary offensive and defensive tool. If it gets broken by dots or aoe, that's one thing, but jsut randomly failing, or autohits still going through, pets following us... that is massively retarded.
    Vanish in arenas (or duels or bg's) fails somewhere between 30 and 70% of times, depending on opposing class (with shamans being the best and dk's by far the worst). It is NOT okay, that our most powerful ability, our signature move is so unreliable.
    When I was playing doublerogue around 2.1k our success was directly proportional to vanishes bugging.

And comparing our stealth to invisibility does NOT give any credence whatsoever. Apples and oranges my friend.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

THIS THREAD IS SO NEW AND EXCITING.

Seriously now, vanish is not the problem, lagg is.
    There is no way to fix it.

If they add vanish a new effect, people are just gonna abuse it.
    If they make super-dooper servers with no lagg even if 1000000000000 peope were playing at the same time at the same spot, there still would be problems from the player computers since no matter what, lagg is lagg, it comes from both the admin and the user.

I am leveling myself a rogue, and i can say that this "bug" is nothing but a minor inconvenience. It's there so that rogues won't always make it.

Tell me something, if i cast an interrupt effect but the cast still lands, isn't it just the same thing ?

You can't fix it.
    Stop whining, or trying to reason with it. It's here to stay, it's been here since vanilia, there are a thousand forum posts about it, there is nothing for blizzard to lose if they dont fix it since the only reason to stop playing a rogue is to get bored with winning so it'll just never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vektor
    Oh would you stop crying about the vanish already and start learning how to use it properly.
    Either you don't play a rogue or you're and idiot. Maybe both.

They should fix it already.

And btw, didnt some patch notes state that gargoyles should no longer attack you when you vanish? :/ They stick to me like a bear would stick to a penis dipped in honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Vektor
    Oh would you stop crying about the vanish already and start learning how to use it properly.
    You obviously dont play a rogue, and you probably dont even pvp so please dont post when something stupid floats around in your head. Its almost like kindergarten again if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all, maybe thats a little more understandable for you.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, there isnt much more to say on the subject that wont lead to arguing and whining.

Feel free to make your suggestions regarding this subject on the official wow forums.

Locking Thread.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."