Elemental Vs. Enhancement

Over this last couple of months I have had trouble pulling enough dps for my guild to be happy. But then we pulled in another elemental shaman and that character did just as much as me. Our enhance shamans pull like 6k+ and Im doing 4.9. Then I saw this post.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=52512.0
    And it proves me right that elemental shamans are only in raids for buffs and not for damage. Even with the lightning overload changed that they did it only brought me up about 200 dps.
    So any ideas on what blizzard can do to help our dps

Re: Elemental Vs. Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by ShÒocktherapy
    Over this last couple of months I have had trouble pulling enough dps for my guild to be happy. But then we pulled in another elemental shaman and that character did just as much as me. Our enhance shamans pull like 6k+ and Im doing 4.9. Then I saw this post.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=52512.0
    And it proves me right that elemental shamans are only in raids for buffs and not for damage. Even with the lightning overload changed that they did it only brought me up about 200 dps.
    So any ideas on what blizzard can do to help our dps
    Increase are scaling. Are main spell (LB) sucks compared to others.

I dunno. I play enhance and i do around 5500- 6500 deeps so no complaining. But i know 2 ele shams (one in guild and one who was in and left) that can really blow up on bosses. We just downed General on 25 for first time last night and our ele shaman was at like 8k. For a first General kill i say thats pretty awesome.

I think the main problem with elemental is its not movement condusive. Warlocks can be affi and move alot, good mages can be arcane (i think) and move around pretty good. Eles have Flame SHock and an instant cast every 3 mins. So while they lag behind a lot when peeps have to move alot, its the age old shaman standard; great shamans will be great, medium will be medium and baddies will roll resto

Do you do as much damage as the Boomkin in your raid? If so then you can consider yourself balanced in the eyes of Blizz developers. As Enhance, I always get beaten out by Rogues, DK's, and Feral druids (wtf?). I find myself on par or above Warriors and Ret Pallys.

It's gonna be tricky to boost Elemental PvE DPS but not PvP, because they are already capable of some good burst. I think the suggestion to scale LB damage is a good idea since it's what you spam like 70% of the time, and buffing Lava Burst could have negative consequences to PvP.

As the guy above me mentioned, there is alot of movement in Ulduar and Elemental doesn't have too many instants or dot's to keep up with that. Maybe buff the FS dot? Or something that slowly stacks in damage as the encounter goes on?